Goals! Everyone has goals right?

Do you have goals?

• Yes! I have posted a serious goal!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Yes! I have posted a goal for lolz

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No. I have no goals. I just want to sit here and do nothing.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
So I was thinking;
What's you're goal? It can be long term, short term, serious, or not.

Other than clawing everyone to death and successfully kidnapping Nommy *they're my long term goals*, my short term goals are to learn R and statistical Python.
You might ask why a psychotic cat needs to learn statistical programming? Well its something I already know, and my boss told me to expand my knowledge. So its sorta forced.

Anyway what's your goal? Tell us below. The best goal will win a wonderful prize (or a clawing).

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
I wish my goals reach fruition

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
My long time goal is to do something that will have my name recorded in the history books and possibly beating my sister in poker at least once
Short term would be actually finishing a novel without dropping it since I tend to get bored of writing and stop for a while but then my train of thought is gone so I can't continue writing usually and another one would be entering university

Miserys_End

My long time goal is to do something that will have my name recorded in the history books and possibly beating my sister in poker at least once
Short term would be actually finishing a novel without dropping it since I tend to get bored of writing and stop for a while but then my train of thought is gone so I can't continue writing usually and another one would be entering university

Start with short stories. Plan for it to only last say 10 chapters and then go from there. You can also build a series this way. Each book is selfcontained, but connected in some way to the other books.

I got nothing for the poker matches...

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Start with short stories. Plan for it to only last say 10 chapters and then go from there. You can also build a series this way. Each book is selfcontained, but connected in some way to the other books.

No like I can never write an ending that satisfies me for even short stories so just stop there and try to relax but in the end I never touch it again

Miserys_End

No like I can never write an ending that satisfies me for even short stories so just stop there and try to relax but in the end I never touch it again
But it's not really the end, it's just a pause, a time skip, or your characters just finished a quest and are taking a short break before moving on to the next big quest.
Not every book needs to end in an epic battle

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

What about his dream about being recorded in history. What you got for that?

Miserys_End

What about his dream about being recorded in history. What you got for that?
Well people that get into history books fall under certain conditions, namely inventing something groundbreaking, leading groups of people in a bloody battle in defense of something or attacking enemies of your country/government and failing horribly or succeeding by the the barest of margins, doing something monumentally stupid and dragging a fuckton of people with you, ect, ect, ect. You get the point now, right? Political leaders, great inventors whos inventions change out way of life or Heroes and villains are the main subject of history books. So unless (s)he aspires to be one of those, I was going to leave that part out to save their ego the bruises. Well there is one other way to make it into the history books, be one of those who write it. Though going that route will be even more arduous. Namely because there are already so many history majors hoping they can do the same thing.
--edit--
There is still other ways, but they require them being a minority rights leader or selfless individual. Mother Teresa, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King jr., Malcolm X.....

Last edited:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Well people that get into history books fall under certain conditions, namely inventing something groundbreaking, leading groups of people in a bloody battle in defense of something or attacking enemies of your country/government and failing horribly or succeeding by the the barest of margins, doing something monumentally stupid and dragging a fuckton of people with you, ect, ect, ect. You get the point now, right? Political leaders, great inventors whos inventions change out way of life or Heroes and villains are the main subject of history books. So unless (s)he aspires to be one of those, I was going to leave that part out to save their ego the bruises. Well there is one other way to make it into the history books, be one of those who write it. Though going that route will be even more arduous. Namely because there are already so many history majors hoping they can do the same thing.
I was referring what option are you going to provide to @Ophious

Miserys_End

I was referring what option are you going to provide to @Ophious
That's just it, none of the options I have to make that a reality are all that viable, so why crush their motivation. I mean the easiest way to get famous is to kill people or become a political or civil rights leader. While I dont know the individual that well, I doubt they fall under one of those groups.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
My goal is to keep control of the switch. Once the switch is flicked, it's a mystery where I go next. \o/ My life is full of adventures that just start with a flick of that switch. \o/

Miserys_End

My goal is to keep control of the switch. Once the switch is flicked, it's a mystery where I go next. \o/ My life is full of adventures that just start with a flick of that switch. \o/
Sounds like an interesting switch if just a single flick can send you over the edge... lol potential new goal, I wana flick the switch over and over again just to see what happens xD
I wonder if it's a verbal trigger, or if I'll need to do it manually...

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Sounds like an interesting switch if just a single flick can send you over the edge... lol potential new goal, I wana flick the switch over and over again just to see what happens xD

You have been warned. \o/

You my friend live dangerously. O/O