God Is Surviving The Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamOfRen

So, doomsday finally came. As God you knew this and prepared well.
What you didn't see, couldn't see was the threat of an inside force. The agents of satan infiltrated and tossed you from the throne of God. Now you must make a choice, you can only take a single one of your godly powers in a quest to both save the remnants of humanity and reclaim your status as the one true God.

Throughout your adventure the amount of God like power you can wield is determined by the amount of believers you have. Sadly in a world like this, hope is fleeting or nonexistent and faith is a luxury most cannot afford.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Hmm...

Seems based on Christian lore since you’re using Satan and The throne of God. In that case, I’m not worried.

1st, I’m Omnipotent. I’ll stop it if I want to and if I wanted to save people I would have done it long before the apocalypse came.

2nd, I’m omniscient. I already saw what that fool satan was up to and allowed it to continue. I can stop it at any time. But let’s suppose I decided to take a break and let Satan deal with everyone’s BS for a bit. I’d probably take my power of transformation.

Apocalypse sucks, it sucks less when you have wine.

D

Deleted member 29316

So, doomsday finally came. As God you knew this and prepared well.
What you didn't see, couldn't see was the threat of an inside force. The agents of satan infiltrated and tossed you from the throne of God. Now you must make a choice, you can only take a single one of your godly powers in a quest to both save the remnants of humanity and reclaim your status as the one true God.

Throughout your adventure the amount of God like power you can wield is determined by the amount of believers you have. Sadly in a world like this, hope is fleeting or nonexistent and faith is a luxury most cannot afford.
@DreamOfRen I know this is out of topic, but the images in your signature is missing.

LotsChrono

Hmm...

Seems based on Christian lore since you’re using Satan and The throne of God. In that case, I’m not worried.

1st, I’m Omnipotent. I’ll stop it if I want to and if I wanted to save people I would have done it long before the apocalypse came.

2nd, I’m omniscient. I already saw what that fool satan was up to and allowed it to continue. I can stop it at any time. But let’s suppose I decided to take a break and let Satan deal with everyone’s BS for a bit. I’d probably take my power of transformation.

Apocalypse sucks, it sucks less when you have wine.
My first thoughts exactly. The idea was nipped in the butt as soon as the word ‘God' was mentioned with ‘Satan.’ Christian God is literally omi-everything.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
The first would be to find a way to block your omniscient sight or fool it. Illusions are a good example. Can you even discern an illusion just because you have "clear sight"?

Do you understand what omniscient means? I have the feeling you don't. Anything you could ever think about doing God already knows. There is no fooling God. There are no secrets from God. All there is, all there has ever been, and all there will ever be is already known by God. God would need to willingly give up or block this power they have. Nothing, Absolutely nothing has or ever will be hidden or unknown by God.

For example : you assume God would need to intervene, but why would A god intervene when humans are the cause of anguish? And do those humans that commit the crimes even ask? And when they do ask--are they worthy?

Suffering, crime, disease, and all sorts of bad things did not exist until Adam ate the apple. If you read Genesis 2:4-3:24 you would know this. Clearly you haven't. God had no reason to create tree of the knowledge of good and evil, yet God did. God being omniscient as he is knew the serpent would come into the garden and trick Eve who would ultimately trick Adam.

Genesis 22: And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

So man had become like God, knowing the difference between things, so God made sure that man could not live forever. As long as man was willing to never question anything and do exactly as he was told, he could live forever and never face struggles. But man chose different (free will) and was punished severely for it.

Psalm 37:23: The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. <- Read this and think it over.

As God has always known what would happen and had the power to stop the serpent from tricking Eve, I assume God's plan was to make man suffer all along. After all, everything goes according to God's plan. God sent Jesus to save people. And the way to be saved is to believe Jesus is the son of God, and his word is the way. Once again this is a command to not question God's word. But humans have free will, so they can choose to obey or not.

God decided Humans would anguish. There's really not much debate there even amongst religious scholars. God gave man the choice and created suffering as a consequence of choosing differently than what God wanted. God did not have to create suffering if he did not want to.

Self exploration of God is a thing. Religion is a tool used to control people, and as such it is always laced with ideas from men who seek to control others (just like RepubliCON politics).

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean other than a couple of sentences that contradicts previous statements you've made. The word of God is written and recorded for anyone to interpret as they choose. This wasn't always the case, but it is now. As for what side of the political aisle you are or who uses religion as a tool is irrelevant and I don't care. It's a foolish thing to bring up at all as my comment never discussed religion as a tool. I only spoke on God and his abilities.

As for an "atheist mindset", you really know nothing about my beliefs or my background, so I don't know why you are bringing that into it and attacking me either. I gave you a response to your question based on the abilities of the God of Abrahamic religions since you are using its lore.

As for Marvel, what do they have to do with this? When did a comic company become the authority on God?

I believe you are taking offense because my reply differs from your beliefs or what you want to hear. I have never attacked you for your beliefs in faith, nor would I. You are free to believe whatever you want. So why are you attacking me?

I am not commenting on your post to get into a religious debate. There are many forums in the world for people to do that, of which I am a member of none. You asked a hypothetical, I responded in kind.

I will say this, though. If you are a believer in any of the Abrahamic religions and you are questioning God's omniscience or omnipotence, then you are committing blasphemy, the worst sin you can ever commit.

Last edited:

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
This only works if "God" is not Omnipotent, nor Omniscient, and "Outside" of the system, but instead is a part of it, and was lying about those abilities all along.

If the universe were a simulation, "God" would be the operator of the computer system running the simulation, they are outside of it and can only ever interact through avatars or by manipulating the simulation/system itself.

They are not a part of it can never be touched by those within the simulation, without them breaking outside of it and becoming able to interact with the "world" that exists outside of the "system" running the simulation.

At that point the dynamic is a bit different, it's an invasion upward, and there is no way to "banish" the operator from "god" and make them become a part of the simulation, instead, you're now fighting in this new world "outside" of your old one.

Freesia.Cutepearl

In the interest of trying to further the original goal of the thread, the story would have to require "God" to by lying and actually be a part of the universe and not an entity outside of it.

Perhaps they found some way to access powers that do allow manipulation of the universe and grant access to information the universe "knows" of, the information in this context is in the more scientific sense, where all matter and their states are "information", things like thoughts and memories, the information in our context, on books and computers are expressions of atomic processes and configurations.

The antagonists would have to have discovered this without the "God" character knowing, thereby proving them a liar, and cementing their ability to do a hostile takeover. Depending on the mechanics of how these "powers" are accessed it may not be possible to deny access to them in any permanent fashion.

There is the issue of their powers coming from worshipers being a chicken and egg problem, as they'd have no way to exercise powers in the first place without believers, and without exercising their powers they can't create/get believers, as the one "God" they claimed to be. A possible solution to this is that they were in fact another "God" of a society that believed in multiple, and they used their power from that to create a "new" one god religion masquerading as it's god and gathering believers and killing/converting others to subvert the powers of their "rival" gods.

This could solve the chicken and egg problem as they could have started out as a "God" who gained power by assuming the position of a false deity that people made up on their own.

Leti

I accidentally created the world when I was sleeping. The Doomsday is me waking up from eons of slumber. Returning everything to the void except Satan who infiltrated the dream.

He can sit on my throne. I'm going back to sleep.

DreamOfRen

Do you understand what omniscient means? I have the feeling you don't. Anything you could ever think about doing God already knows. There is no fooling God. There are no secrets from God. All there is, all there has ever been, and all there will ever be is already known by God. God would need to willingly give up or block this power they have. Nothing, Absolutely nothing has or ever will be hidden or unknown by God.

Suffering, crime, disease, and all sorts of bad things did not exist until Adam ate the apple. If you read Genesis 2:4-3:24 you would know this. Clearly you haven't. God had no reason to create tree of the knowledge of good and evil, yet God did. God being omniscient as he is knew the serpent would come into the garden and trick Eve who would ultimately trick Adam.

Genesis 22: And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

So man had become like God, knowing the difference between things, so God made sure that man could not live forever. As long as man was willing to never question anything and do exactly as he was told, he could live forever and never face struggles. But man chose different (free will) and was punished severely for it.

Psalm 37:23: The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. <- Read this and think it over.

As God has always known what would happen and had the power to stop the serpent from tricking Eve, I assume God's plan was to make man suffer all along. After all, everything goes according to God's plan. God sent Jesus to save people. And the way to be saved is to believe Jesus is the son of God, and his word is the way. Once again this is a command to not question God's word. But humans have free will, so they can choose to obey or not.

God decided Humans would anguish. There's really not much debate there even amongst religious scholars. God gave man the choice and created suffering as a consequence of choosing differently than what God wanted. God did not have to create suffering if he did not want to.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean other than a couple of sentences that contradicts previous statements you've made. The word of God is written and recorded for anyone to interpret as they choose. This wasn't always the case, but it is now. As for what side of the political aisle you are or who uses religion as a tool is irrelevant and I don't care. It's a foolish thing to bring up at all as my comment never discussed religion as a tool. I only spoke on God and his abilities.

As for an "atheist mindset", you really know nothing about my beliefs or my background, so I don't know why you are bringing that into it and attacking me either. I gave you a response to your question based on the abilities of the God of Abrahamic religions since you are using its lore.

As for Marvel, what do they have to do with this? When did a comic company become the authority on God?

I believe you are taking offense because my reply differs from your beliefs or what you want to hear. I have never attacked you for your beliefs in faith, nor would I. You are free to believe whatever you want. So why are you attacking me?

I am not commenting on your post to get into a religious debate. There are many forums in the world for people to do that, of which I am a member of none. You asked a hypothetical, I responded in kind.

I will say this, though. If you are a believer in any of the Abrahamic religions and you are questioning God's omniscience or omnipotence, then you are committing blasphemy, the worst sin you can ever commit.
Once again you have a f*ck ton of assumptions.
This is all speculation -- dubious at best, backed by a book who's portions have largely been edited to befit predominantly white men.
Same with other religions in which men hold power. They were all, without exception written exclusively to benefit the authors of the time.

No one knows, and I doubt if there is a God that it would be so irrational to misunderstand people whom it hasn't made an attempt to communicate with. I also don't subscribe to circular thinking. The worst ills of the world come from it, racism, religion, etc. Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact God exists. I know, because when I interact with God I always receive an answer. I'm not some expert or anything, but I'm fairly confident on that point.

I understand completely how those things work -- by your definition. Which is, once again based on assumption.

Have you met an omnipotent being? Do you know how their abilities work? Did you ask or..just listen to what one possibly misguided or egotistical individual made up? You're also assuming this power is always active for the sake of arguing, are you not?

I'm not even going to get into all of the ways that your mindset is both limited and self serving on this particular subject. In short, you're narrow minded.

Yes, I've read the bible. You can't speak for God's motives more than I can, because you're not her. Having knives in your kitchen doesn't mean you want your family to break out into a stab party. My... God who hurt you?

Your logic is structured in a way that is self serving to support your beliefs. In other words, on the subject of spirituality you're firmly tethered. From that aspect christians and atheists are quite the same. But also from that aspect you know the least and can imagine even less.

You sound so sure, so certain but really I just see someone who's desperately grasping at straws because someone challenged their view on the world.

My main point is rather simple, its foolish to believe in speculation--no matter the source.

If you want God just go find her.

If I'm going to hell for thinking outside the box and noticing the blatant ideas that are at odds in a book that over 20 people had a hand in creating then, I'll be toasty and content.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Once again you have a f*ck ton of assumptions.
This is all speculation -- dubious at best, backed by a book who's portions have largely been edited to befit predominantly white men.
Same with other religions in which men hold power. They were all, without exception written exclusively to benefit the authors of the time.

No one knows, and I doubt if there is a God that it would be so irrational to misunderstand people whom it hasn't made an attempt to communicate with. I also don't subscribe to circular thinking. The worst ills of the world come from it, racism, religion, etc. Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact God exists. I know, because when I interact with God I always receive an answer. I'm not some expert or anything, but I'm fairly confident on that point.

I understand completely how those things work -- by your definition. Which is, once again based on assumption.

Have you met an omnipotent being? Do you know how their abilities work? Did you ask or..just listen to what one possibly misguided or egotistical individual made up? You're also assuming this power is always active for the sake of arguing, are you not?

I'm not even going to get into all of the ways that your mindset is both limited and self serving on this particular subject. In short, you're narrow minded.

Yes, I've read the bible. You can't speak for God's motives more than I can, because you're not her. Having knives in your kitchen doesn't mean you want your family to break out into a stab party. My... God who hurt you?

Your logic is structured in a way that is self serving to support your beliefs. In other words, on the subject of spirituality you're firmly tethered. From that aspect christians and atheists are quite the same. But also from that aspect you know the least and can imagine even less.

You sound so sure, so certain but really I just see someone who's desperately grasping at straws because someone challenged their view on the world.

My main point is rather simple, its foolish to believe in speculation--no matter the source.

If you want God just go find her.

If I'm going to hell for thinking outside the box and noticing the blatant ideas that are at odds in a book that over 20 people had a hand in creating then, I'll be toasty and content.
My apologies, I didn’t realize I was talking to the authority on all things God of the Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I’m truly honored to speak to such an expert like yourself.

Please, use your vast knowledge and let Muslims know it was the Evil White Man tampering with their holy book that led them to believe God is all knowing and all powerful.

I also didn’t realize you were so tight with God that you knew more about them than the countless scholars of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. If only they would have asked like you did then maybe they’d know.

Oh jeez, well now I feel so stupid for forming my opinions based on universally established doctrine of Billions of people. If only I had met you, a true knower and thinker outside of the box.

Now once again, I don’t care about your religious beliefs. I don’t care about your racist beliefs. And I don’t care about your opinions on me.

I answered your original question (which was a silly question on God walking earth during an apocalypse) using well established doctrine of the three Abrahamic religions. I rebutted your second post using authoritative texts and definitions.

My first and second posts did not attack you as a person, nor did I attack your right to your beliefs, or your beliefs. Yet all you do is moral grandstand and tell me how great you are and how foolish I am.

My beliefs are mine (which again you assume to know), and your beliefs are yours. Let’s leave it at that.

I’ll no longer respond to this, so walk around with your chest puffed for the rest of the day believing you have once again pawned someone on the internet using your supreme intellect.

DreamOfRen

My apologies, I didn’t realize I was talking to the authority on all things God of the Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I’m truly honored to speak to such an expert like yourself.

Please, use your vast knowledge and let Muslims know it was the Evil White Man tampering with their holy book that led them to believe God is all knowing and all powerful.
You're not speaking to an authority. That's my point. And in the same way I'm not an authority -- neither are you.

Any law or rule that exists to benefit one person while disadvantaging another was made by someone who stood to directly benefit from it.

How you feel about it is irrelevant.

Perception has been cleverly skewed.
There is this statement along the lines of "the devil's greatest trick was convincing people he didn't exist".
Assuming that's true, then wouldn't it be an even greater feat to hide oneself inside something said to have been touched or sent by God?

For example, by influencing religious figures. Even if God is infallible, people are not.

To better understand my point, I think you need a better grasp of what truth is.

Many people believe that truth is perception, that's not true. Perception can be biased or limited based on the point of your view.
For example, to men periods aren't a big deal -- because they don't have to deal with the repercussions.

Only by looking at any piece of information or event from multiple angles can you really get closer to the truth of a matter. So what is truth?

A central point from which all aspects can be seen.

This is my understanding of what God is, what you call omnipotence.

There are also a few fundamentally flawed aspects to your thought process.

Assuming that doctrines and scriptures have been altered to be detrimental (this happens in christianity today, even as we speak) then it means your understanding of God has also been skewed.

Since you've been fed information that is "mostly" or "probably" accurate, that leaves you wondering what you can trust.

Reality. By casting away your own prejudices and biases you will come to see the truth of the world. This universe runs on balance, energy never dies it simply assumes a different form many times. Suddenly, reincarnation is less of a trivial concept -- science has also proved this a universal truth.

So..why does Christianity converge on this point? No one knows. You don't. I don't. So my question is--why are you so offended? People who came before you just "Said " they had answers that came from God. Maybe they did, but its more likely they just perceived the answer they got in a different way than most.

The nature of the world is balance. Fires beget storms that affect places thousands of miles away and those ripples create tsunamis which trigger earth quakes and so on.

If that's the case, its a more logical belief that God is a being of balance. That would mean God holds two aspects to itself and wants to keep both in harmony. This makes it less a battle of good and evil, and more an act of maintaining balance.

Which is what religion should have been from the start. Men were the ones that tainted this belief in order to be more beneficial to themselves most likely. To understand that, you simply have to know human nature.

Logic doesn't matter to most people, they only care about the emotion or the result. Most people would absolutely tell a lie then kill all of the people who try to expose it if they felt inclined and had the power to do so.

What does that sound like? Early Christianity. Christians were put to death for hundreds of years before the religion became mainstream. Why? Because they were telling a truth that other men , men in power didn't like.

In other words, a point of view that wasn't beneficial to said men.

I find religion fascinating, frankly. And regardless of what you think, I wasn't trying to insult you or anything you believe in. Quite the opposite. If sharing the truth makes me a devil, I'll always be that. If pointing out that parts of the bible which directly contradicts God's word were obviously fudged is a problem, then I guess I'm problematic.

The real problem is that most people are too concerned with accepting sweet lies than taking a look at the hard truth.

Also to counter your point about God powers, if God and the universe follow the law of trying to balance itself, there's no possible way a thing such as omnipotence is constantly active. If it is constantly active there has to be an equal and opposite trade off to using it. For example, perhaps not being able to move while using the technique -- a completely zen like state that prevents the user from doing anything else -- even focusing on themselves.

This is what I mean when I say that you're activating on a ton of assumptions, reality even contradicts a lot of what you said.

The very laws of nature , matter and the universe do as well.

From that standpoint, no this story prompt isn't really as cut and dry as you might think. It's only made that way because you believed a narrative created by an angry atheist who could *only* rationalize that God must be a terrible entity to abide war (that wasn't started by God in the first place).

That assumes men are the main actors. God has a whole universe or planet to take care of and men are ruining Eden as we speak for profit and imaginary value. In short, mind blowing hubris, pride and ego.

I'm not puffing my chest out, I'm pointing out why your logic is flawed and you're getting upset in response.

That's your prerogative, you can't say I'm wrong though. At least my thoughts are logical and backed by evidence of reality. Yours are just "because someone 2,000 years ago said so, so it must be true." . People lie everyday. :blob_cookie:

Freesia.Cutepearl

I feel like my attempt to steer back on topic after I tried to talk about the issues with the premise was rather pointless, now.

Freesia.Cutepearl

If you all insist on talking about these hot button topics, I'd just like to say, that giving derogatory names or attributing things to groups of people, generalizing, etc. Is only going to further entrench the person you are trying to converse with, into their positions and beliefs and away from intelligent discussion.

I don't have the mental fortitude for it so I'm going to bow out,

if you have a comment on my possible solutions to the story premise,
then you can tag me and I'll comment on those.

Have fun.

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
@DreamOfRen

Geez bruv. You done attacked and insulted everyone who has went against your opinions in this thread XDDD

You are an asshole bruv. And yeah, hypocrite too. Everything you called everyone, you did it too. You did it first, and you did it excessively more than them. I'm a Democrat bruv and I'm ashamed to call you one of my own. Your just not what its about. Shame bruv. Bad look bruv.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
@Discount_Blade @DreamOfRen @Wohendum-Wing3ee

I mean, it's a little messy that politics is being talked about here but okay.

But forreal tho, DreamofRen is lowkey crazy tho. Sure, them other two peeps said they fair share of things that shouldn't have been said but I feel like DreamofRen kinda went a bit further. Idk fam, you can't be preaching what someone is when you don't know. That's low bro.

DreamofRen gets that loss. Seems to me he can't control his emotions and thoughts :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
Also this:
If you find what I'm saying insulting, it's most likely because its striking a chord in you somewhere that you don't' want to acknowledge.

You do realize how BS that line of logic is right? That's like saying when people say minorities are more likely to commit murder and armed robbery, if they get offended, than its only because its most likely true. I mean REALLY? THIS is your stance? Not very Democrat-like if you ask me.

He right though @DreamOfRen. Thats some real faulty logic bruv. Discount outdoing you. You tripping over yor own statements though. Again, its shameful what you say you represent, when you got such bad personality in this thread. Terrible. Reflect bruv. Reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.