Writing Prompt Going to Another World...

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date

How would you like to go?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 29316

So how would you like to go, aside from dying in your sleep, or waking up in another world?

Edit: No suicides. Suicides ain't cool.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Imagine a transmigration so lackluster you just blink once then boom. Gives no time for explanation or eeriness or apprehension. Just oop sucks to be you, nth person who blinked today.

By Wardrobe and get isekaied into Narnia world.
I want to meet Aslan and Prince Kaspian please:blob_melt::blob_melt:

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
If it is about myself, I would like an isekai where I can go back and forth at will, like FUNA's "80000 gold coins".

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I wanna imagine some evil goddess descending upon you and saying, "Yes, there is an alternate dimension and you can go there. You just have to die in a VERY specific way."

Then she just goes away without telling you anything else. And now you only have one painful chance to travel to another magical world you're not even sure exists.

maybe after i sleep, i find myself wake up in what, on a glance, is the exact same world i lived in.

there are some subtle differences, like the supermarket promo, and the mention of an acquaintance dying the day before.

but when i woke up, the promo has changed before the end date, and the said person was still alive.

maybe it's just my lapse of memory, but i feel that i'm actually an isekai protagonist. the next day would might as well be an other world experience.

D

Deleted member 29316

If you say wardrobe as a direct nod to Narnia... definitely wardrobe! Because that implies you're free to travel back and forth at your leisure.

Here's some Narnia deep lore: although TLtWatW was written first, the prequel novel The Magician's Nephew reveals that originally they were magic rings that allowed for transfer between worlds - not just to Narnia, but to a broad multiverse of worlds (the titular White Witch, for example, was originally from a different world than Narnia herself). The wardrobe was created when the magical rings were planted with the core of an apple taken from an apple tree that grew within an allegorical Eden that was within Narnia. The tree grew large, eventually was was torn down by a storm, and the wood of the apple tree was turned into the wardrobe, which became a doorway between Earth and Narnia.

So my actual answer would be I would want the multiverse rings from The Magician's Nephew.
Yeah, that Wood Between the Worlds is a nice multi-verse portal. :blobthumbsup::blob_aww:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Wouldn't mind dying in my sleep being the way but otherwise, Crazy God/Goddess, Blinking and suddenly teleporting, or the good old death game, though of all 4 I mentioned, death game would be my very least favored.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Yeah, that Wood Between the Worlds is a nice multi-verse portal. :blobthumbsup::blob_aww:
And oh man, if I got one of those, and could somehow tune into a sort of list of what places I could go to....as well as alter my appearance or race....welp I know what I would be doing....forever.

D

Deleted member 29316

Someone else who's read TMN!! :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:
I read (and is a fan) of the Narnia Universe.

I'm just confused about Queen Swanwhite's time tho...

Also, my own list of great authors are: Tolkien, Lewis, Rowling and Yamaguchi (from Zero no Tsukaima).

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
Truck-Kun must feel very lonely. :blob_hmm_two:

1604406501782.png

Attachments

• 1604406477094.png
    1604406477094.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 66

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
When you said wardrobe, I did initially think of Narnia but the similar devices then made me think of the TARDIS in Doctor Who.
'-'

X