Golden Fox with System

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
I mean, people read whatever they want, and this is a story from the middle of 2019 here, which wasn't that far from the birth of ScribbleHub, so it can be considered one of the first bigger stories that drew attention, alongside The True Endgame, The Queen's Hound or Worldkeeper.

The earlier the story got released, the more time it had to amass views, readers, favs, etc. I personally didn't read it yet, but have it in my bookmarks to check just out of curiosity.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
:blob_evil_two: Not surprising. Harem novels sell well on scribble regardless of quality. Sometimes I really wonder about our demographics.

Saileri

As much as people would like to deny it, harem and wish-fulfilment, if written decently and not just throwing stuff in yo face (although that also can work), is very enjoyable to read for the most of male population. It's just fun following a character that slowly gets good things happening around them. As much as I love "normal" fantasy books, I'd rather be in a mood to completely focus on it, like for example The Inheritance Cycle, The Black Magician Trilogy, or other stuff, while I can just sit and read a chapter of few of some light and quick LN, WN as I'm drinking my morning tea.

Assurbanipal_II

As much as people would like to deny it, harem and wish-fulfilment, if written decently and not just throwing stuff in yo face (although that also can work), is very enjoyable to read for the most of male population. It's just fun following a character that slowly gets good things happening around them. As much as I love "normal" fantasy books, I'd rather be in a mood to completely focus on it, like for example The Inheritance Cycle, The Black Magician Trilogy, or other stuff, while I can just sit and read a chapter of few of some light and quick LN, WN as I'm drinking my morning tea.

I tend to disagree. It is a guilty pleasure. It might be enjoyable, but we all know it is rubbish in the end. :blob_melt: You will never be taken seriously.

Saileri

Nope. Calling something rubbish just for the sake of doing it while comparing it to a different type of storytelling is a little wrong. Might seem trash to one audience and masterpiece to another. I'd only call rubbish a series, never theme/genre/type/idea. And almost never without checking it out personally and developing some opinions. Unless it's so fucking bad it's famous.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I tend to disagree. It is a guilty pleasure. It might be enjoyable, but we all know it is rubbish in the end. :blob_melt: You will never be taken seriously.
Guilty pleasures have their own merits too. Have it this way: though you consider it trash, you can't make a story as shallow as it is addictive as those you see on the trending: i.e The Man Who Hunts Monsters (didn't read that but holy shit people love it), World Keeper, among many others.

The formula is easy, but it takes a certain level of understanding and personal leeway to completely shut your brain and write the McDonald's equivalent of literature, without accounting it being the most McDonald's of all McDonald's literature.

Assurbanipal_II

Guilty pleasures have their own merits too. Have it this way: though you consider it trash, you can't make a story as shallow as it is addictive as those you see on the trending: i.e The Man Who Hunts Monsters (didn't read that but holy shit people love it), World Keeper, among many others.

The formula is easy, but it takes a certain level of understanding and personal leeway to completely shut your brain and write the McDonald's equivalent of literature, without accounting it being the most McDonald's of all McDonald's literature.

This is the argumentation of a fool and you know it.

AkalE

dodge all SH bullets. Skip the trending. Look for recommendations on SHF :blobtaco:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
*pats angry OP's head* Different people have different taste, don't mind it too much.

Just try your best and hope you're successful, that much is enough~

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Everyone has to start somewhere, and the more places one posts, the more feedback the author is likely to get. Have you mentioned these issues directly to the author in a constructive manner?

ForestDweller

Everyone has to start somewhere, and the more places one posts, the more feedback the author is likely to get. Have you mentioned these issues directly to the author in a constructive manner?

Yea, just leave a review or something.

Oh wait, you can't really start a dialogue with the author that way. Gotta do it through the comments or through PM.

Assurbanipal_II

I too, can stick fingers into my ears and go LALALALALALALALALALALAYOUSTUPIDYOUAFOOL without giving any reasons.

You know yourself why. Your argument was people like it ergo it is good and requires skills to make. Is that considered elaborate reasoning these days? Maybe in your eyes.

BenJepheneT

You know yourself why. Your argument was people like it ergo it is good and requires skills to make. Is that considered elaborate reasoning these days? Maybe in your eyes.
How would you know whatever you make appeals to the biggest masses? It takes a certain level of restraint to taint even a hint of individuality within a generic cash grab story. It's not "skills" in your eye, but it's certainly a craft in mine.

Assurbanipal_II

How would you know whatever you make appeals to the biggest masses? It takes a certain level of restraint to taint even a hint of individuality within a generic cash grab story. It's not "skills" in your eye, but it's certainly a craft in mine.

You resort to subjective reasoning. That is why I called it a fool's argument. A subjective defence is no defence at all. To repeat your own words, you can stick fingers into your ears and go LALALALALALALALALALALAYOUSTUPIDYOUAFOOL without giving any reasons as much as you want.

BenJepheneT

You resort to subjective reasoning. That is why I called it a fool's argument. A subjective defence is no defence at all. To repeat your own words, you can stick fingers into your ears and go LALALALALALALALALALALAYOUSTUPIDYOUAFOOL without giving any reasons as much as you want.
The entire arguement is from a subjective standpoint. Unless you can find me a system that universally gauges the quality of all types of literature, including the craft of generic bland cash grabs, I hope you find a way out of the cinema from all that projection.

Assurbanipal_II

The entire arguement is from a subjective standpoint. Unless you can find me a system that universally gauges the quality of all types of literature, including the craft of generic bland cash grabs, I hope you find a way out of the cinema from all that projection.

Fleeing into the safety of relativism and subjectivism. :blob_evil_two: I congratulate you on your intellectual achievement.