Goodbye Webnovel Reader. Welcome ScribbleHub Reader

AliceHiess

Can someone explain to me what exactly happened to cause the mass exodus?

Death-69

Yeah I’m aware they made an update that pissed people off but I’m not sure what it was.
They basically locked all fanfics on the website and forced PC readers to move to their buggy and shitty app, the backlash was enormous.

Linkedlord

I ve been passively using scribble hub with webnovel for a couple of months , scribble hub is better in terms of everything i care about except the stories on webnovel have more of fan based content on series that i enjoy , scribblehub has some of that content but not enough for binge reads gonna make this my main app since : it isn't selling my data to the ccp or changing shit for profit blatantly

phaeous

The Semanticist
webnovel had a good run, but casual user, notenglish users, other PC & web users are a huge bulk that routinely scroll the searchbar with #tags and such

this recent decision destroyed the booming popularity virtue that freereading has had

Swiftreader

I am gradually moving my small bit of content from WN to here, will probably keep publishing on WN because I have an awesome editor/fan there who proofreads all my chapters and improves them.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
To be fair, it was kind of expected for them to backtrack and give up on that decision, especially with the backlash they got from pulling this stunt :blob_joy::blob_joy:

I think PC users even spammed 1-star reviews on the app(tho they're likely deleted by now) :)))

Still, any goodwill I had for that platform has completely dried up. I'll probably keep uploading there just because that's where most of my readers are still.
I abandoned WebNovel, used it for many years but that last decision of theirs killed all the love i had for the platform. I looked for alternatives and found Scribbehub, along with Fanfiction.net that i've been using for a few years too, i don't intend to go back to that site that only knows how to scare readers. Welcome me my new countrymen!
I think I'll stay here, my trust in webnovel has dried up. Although it will be a little difficult to get used to SH, but not impossible.
I ve been passively using scribble hub with webnovel for a couple of months , scribble hub is better in terms of everything i care about except the stories on webnovel have more of fan based content on series that i enjoy , scribblehub has some of that content but not enough for binge reads gonna make this my main app since : it isn't selling my data to the ccp or changing shit for profit blatantly
webnovel had a good run, but casual user, notenglish users, other PC & web users are a huge bulk that routinely scroll the searchbar with #tags and such

this recent decision destroyed the booming popularity virtue that freereading has had
I am gradually moving my small bit of content from WN to here, will probably keep publishing on WN because I have an awesome editor/fan there who proofreads all my chapters and improves them.
Glad to have you all aboard!