Grand Adventure Project. Discord! Come join!

KingMusa

Hello everyone! I've recently summarized lore for my Shared Universe project known as Grand Adventure (G.A) and iv created a discord where different authors of all kinds and artists can come together and help develop the project. Every story takes place in the same universe and follows the same lore, similar to how Marvel and Dc universes work. This is not a business, it's a collaboration project were we all combine our ideas to create a universe and we all get credit for our contribution

I just created the discord server and so far I only have one member besides myself, it would be great to get more authors and artists!

So if your interested please let me know and I'll inform you of the details

THANK YOU!

Last edited:

KingMusa

I'm the Creator of Grand Adventure (G.A), which is the brand Name for all my Light Novels. All my stories, no matter what genre all take place in the same shared universe. Just like the Marvel and Dc shared universe.

I've written a basic Lore that gives you an understanding of the world-building of my universe. The universe I created is VERY flexible as it allows for nearly any theme of stories to be written, from fantasy to sci-fi, to steampunk, to modern-day or you can just mix it. It even let's and genre to be written.

I'm looking for authors and artists who want to write their stories and make their art within my universe.

A perk of joining my brand is that you will have many authors and artists to work with and get inspirations off of. Another perk is that you will be able to use other authors' characters within your own stories, you can even make stories together.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Why not create a discord where authors and artists can hang out, talk, and share ideas? You’re asking authors and artists to take their work and put it under your brand, as if the lore of something you created has anything to do with their story/drawing. If authors want to share characters, they can collaborate with each other, no?

It’s not necessarily, but this is similar to selling the copyright of your story. Would you ask an author to add, “A member of the Grand Adventure universe” at the bottom of their blurb?

KingMusa

Oh no no no, I'm asking authors and artist to create work WITHIN the world I created using the lore and power system that I created. I'm not asking them to just slap my brand on their light novels with nothing involving my world.

I want them to use my world as a setting for the light novels they create. I want their creations to revolve within my universe. I don't want authors and artist making stuff that have nothing to do with my world or lore.

It's a huge shared universe where all the light novels take place in the same universe, that's why sharing characters won't be a problem. All creations will follow the same lore.

Does that make more sense? It's like the Marvel and Dc shared universe where all stories take place in the same universe following the same lore and sharing characters

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Oh no no no, I'm asking authors and artist to create work WITHIN the world I created using the lore and power system that I created. I'm not asking them to just slap my brand on their light novels with nothing involving my world.

I want them to use my world as a setting for the light novels they create. I want their creations to revolve within my universe. I don't want authors and artist making stuff that have nothing to do with my world or lore.

It's a huge shared universe where all the light novels take place in the same universe, that's why sharing characters won't be a problem. All creations will follow the same lore.

Does that make more sense? It's like the Marvel and Dc shared universe where all stories take place in the same universe following the same lore and sharing characters

So this is commissioned work? You’re asking an author or artist to create an original piece based in the world you’ve created. Marvel and DC pays artists for their art and storylines. Is that what you’re doing?

KingMusa

Well as of far no, it's none profit. Everyone just works together and benefit off of each other. All I can do is share their work around social media and bring them together with other creative minds

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
So this is commissioned work? You’re asking an author or artist to create an original piece based in the world you’ve created. Marvel and DC pays artists for their art and storylines. Is that what you’re doing?

I think he's trying to set up something like the Kammiverse, but I think that has to happen organically to really work well.

Otherwise, going the SCP Foundation route, where everyone creates the universe together, might be better.

KingMusa

Well yes those who join my brand will help shape the universe and lore together. Like I recently stated I've only created a basic lore, so it still has room for improvements and can still be modified.

The discord server brings people together so it's not one big mess

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Well yes those who join my brand will help shape the universe and lore together. Like I recently stated I've only created a basic lore, so it still has room for improvements and can still be modified.

In some ways you’re wording it as if it were a collaboration, but you’re calling it “my brand”, which is almost like holding the trademark of GA. You’re putting an authors story under your umbrella. So let’s say the author starts a patreon for their story. There is the potential for you to claim a portion of those donations, since they fall under your brand. You’d probably have a solid legal basis to sue.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress

Hm... But the way you're calling it a "brand" makes it feel less like a collaborative project where everyone will get equal credit for their contributions, and more like being a ghost writer for free.

I can tell you probably don't mean it that way, but it's not a good vibe.

KingMusa

Hm... But the way you're calling it a "brand" makes it feel less like a collaborative project where everyone will get equal credit for their contributions, and more like being a ghost writer for free.

I can tell you probably don't mean it that way, but it's not a good vibe.
If I called it a Franchise would that be a better way of wording it? Essentially authors will take full credit for what they create. But if an author was to use a character created by a different author/artist then depending on the situation credit will be given to both, sometimes one more then the other. Everyone will get the credit they deserve depending in the work and effort they put in.

Does that make more sense?

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
If I called it a Franchise would that be a better way of wording it? Essentially authors will take full credit for what they create. But if an author was to use a character created by a different author/artist then depending on the situation credit will be given to both, sometimes one more then the other. Everyone will get the credit they deserve depending in the work and effort they put in.

Does that make more sense?

"Franchise" has the same problem - it's a word for businesses and money-making, with the implication that you're working under someone who owns it.

Free-for-all collaborative projects are typically called, well... Projects. Or something neutral like that.

KingMusa

In some ways, you’re wording it as if it were a collaboration, but you’re calling it “my brand”, which is almost like holding the trademark of GA. You’re putting an author's story under your umbrella. So let’s say the author starts a patreon for their story. There is the potential for you to claim a portion of those donations since they fall under your brand. You’d probably have a solid legal basis to sue.
I hadn't really thought of that. But if they were to create a patreon or anything like that, then id just expect them to showcase that the story is part of a shared universe. Whatever money they get from it is their keeping. Yes I can see how "my brand" is a bad way to call it, so how about a shared franchise but of course I'm the finder of the franchise.

It might sound careless but for me it's not big enough yet to treat it like a business, as for now it's just an Idea

KingMusa

"Franchise" has the same problem - it's a word for businesses and money-making, with the implication that you're working under someone who owns it.

Free-for-all collaborative projects are typically called, well... Projects. Or something neutral like that.
Thank you, "The Grand Adventure Project!" That's sounds kinda nice.
I'll refer it to as a project from here on out.

So are you interested?

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Thank you, "The Grand Adventure Project!" That's sounds kinda nice.
I'll refer it to as a project from here on out.

So are you interested?

It sounds really interesting but, unfortunately, I already have my hands full running the Yuri Garden and with the collaborative projects I'm part of.

I'll keep it in mind for the future, though~!

KingMusa

It sounds really interesting but, unfortunately, I already have my hands full running the Yuri Garden and with the collaborative projects I'm part of.

I'll keep it in mind for the future, though~!
That's fine! Thank you for the chat tho it really did help me understand this whole thing a lot better!