Great Offline Games Right Now?

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
Preferably something on Steam. That way, I can hop on steamun1o3ked.

I enjoy the Kuukiyomi series. It made me lol a lot. Steam has lots of hidden games by indie developers as well.

You can also follow this curator for unusual stuff in case you're bored.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
I'm pretty sure a lot of kemco games are offline, though if you don't like old-school JRPGs then they might not be for you

Legi0n

A bunch of titles, ranging different tastes:
The Witcher 3
Divinity Original Sin 2
City Skylines
Crusader Kings 3
Rome 2 or Attila (Total War)
Door Kickers (1 or 2, both are pretty nice)
Cold Waters
Uboat

D

Deleted member 54065

Does Summertime Saga or Slave Witch April count?

Seriously, you should try Iron Hearts IV with Millenium Dawn mod. Then invade USA with Taliban forces.

Or make it true, the very first Phillipine aircraft carrier constructed under the rape-y, misogynist, incompetent but well-loved murderer-president, Rodrigo Roa Duterte...at least in digital world.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
My lack of game knowledge seems to show here, lmao. I don't even know half of these games.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I would suggest the Elder Scrolls Oblivion. It's cheap, a classic, and has one of the best storylines in fantasy gaming. Also, it has some of the most broken physics mechanics of any game. I think I've been playing the same game of Oblivion for 12 years and I am still discovering new things. Plus, if you know how to play the game then when SkyBlivion comes out the graphics will be so much better.

You could also try sword of the necromancer if you enjoy rogue-like games with a lesbian monster summoner. Though it does cost a bit.

Rule no. 1 is also a great cheap game if you like addictive pixel shooters like the original doom.

Star wars: Jedi Knight academy is also really good.

all of these are either free or cheap so they won't break your budget and will work on just about any computer.

Oreo

I would suggest the Elder Scrolls Oblivion. It's cheap, a classic, and has one of the best storylines in fantasy gaming. Also, it has some of the most broken physics mechanics of any game. I think I've been playing the same game of Oblivion for 12 years and I am still discovering new things. Plus, if you know how to play the game then when SkyBlivion comes out the graphics will be so much better.
And you become a god in the end. A mad god, but still a god. Should I call you Lord Sheogorath now, Paul?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
And you become a god in the end. A mad god, but still a god. Should I call you Lord Sheogorath now, Paul?
Well, I do in fact love cheese and do things on a whim. Though, no. I would rather you not refer to me as a God.