Writing Prompt Group Transmigration Story Idea

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
A variety of people are all transmigrated into the same world. Each of them had seen the world through some form of media, be it books, movies, or video games. However, none of them used the same piece of media to learn about the world. As a result, they have a complete view of the world and the oncoming events, but they each have information the others don't know about which they can use as leverage on each other, a bribe to someone else, or they may forget certain facts entirely.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
A variety of people are all transmigrated into the same world. Each of them had seen the world through some form of media, be it books, movies, or video games. However, none of them used the same piece of media to learn about the world. As a result, they have a complete view of the world and the oncoming events, but they each have information the others don't know about which they can use as leverage on each other, a bribe to someone else, or they may forget certain facts entirely.
Tried to do that, so fucking confusing with the large mindmap. And then there is the issue of freshing up all the characters and maybe label some as protagonists and antagonists, one group vesus the other, except that it is fluid and alliances may change at a heartbeat. I am also expecting shit tons of deaths that are impactful.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I was expecting a group of 5 - 10 people with knowledge. There would be some overlap between them all in regards to what they know, but there would be some missing pieces. My desire would be to have things spiral out of control, with the original conflict being overshadowed by the bigger conflict the transmigrators have begun with each other.

Possibly a big twist would be a reveal that the world that they're in is actually the same as the world from something else, and that they're in different locations. Also, there are transmigrators that have been doing some real batshit insane stuff on that side of the world too.

Shaiyamine

This sounds really messy to deal with. I can probably follow up to 5 characters but any more gets me frustrated as a reader and also if I were to write such a thing I'd probably be bashing my head on the table by the time I try to plot out character 4's perspective.

Little_Spirit

I like that idea but I feel like this would need like a group of friends or writers to do this one each person taking on a different viewpoint/character

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
HURGMCGURG, made me think of this:

flucket, SW7 movie spits on the other media. We don't see a Mara Jade. Hans & Leia's 3 kids are replaced by a Snape-lookalike. In the Shield Hero, the others were treating it like a game and their viewpoints were heavily influenced by what they usually play.

Shaiyamine, don't attempt Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere then.

Little_Spirit, Chaos Dragon is an example of what kind of mess can result when a group of talents used to writing alone collaborate.