GTA VI leaked

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

I'll cut to the chase.

Some guy who claimed to be the same guy who hacked Uber a couple of days ago just uploaded a ton of clips and screenshots of scripts to the development of GTA VI (2019-2022 build) . The guy claimed to have obtained these clips from Slack, an employee communications system that found primary use after the Covid fiasco (suitable for WFH scenarios, or just talking to another guy from different floors).

Below are two compilations of clips. The build seems to use RDR2 as a foundation, as seen from the ragdoll physics and the cloud formations. Even the robbery scene plays similar to those you can find in RDR2. You might be sceptical about all the reused assets, but if you have any passing knowledge of game development, you'd know it's a regular practice in the industry. You'll also find some mannequins or unfinished NPC textures. The clips aren't in chronological order, so there's no telling what they've added or removed.

And yes, it's gonna be set around Vice City, or a parody of modern-day Florida, at least. Vice City is so ingrained in its 80s aesthetic I just can't see it any other way anymore.

The female protagonist announcement by R* IS REAL. From what I can tell, we're gonna be playing as some Floridian caucasoid with a BBL sidekick, or vice versa. For what very little dialogue you can hear, you can feel Dan Hauser's absence. It's not bad, but it's not great either. There just isn't that intricate touch of satire to be felt; just the B-grade comedy shop stand-up routine. Those aside, the gameplay seems to be derivative of GTA V. Looks like they're just going straight for the arcade route as opposed to GTA IV's more grounded approach.

For all we know, this might be a R* stunt, as there had been leaks of SA and GTA V beta builds just weeks before their respective reveals/launches, but this all seems too scattered and random to look like some whack PR job.

Honestly, the leaks aren't as impressive as I thought, but we've already reached the peak of graphical fidelity in video games, so I'm wishing for mechanical intricacy. We haven't seen much of the system, so I'm hoping that's where it'll start wowing our socks off.

Last edited:

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
gta four news lets go

edit: typos have been fixed and my joke sadly no longer works

Last edited:

pelpelen

This is GTA5 but it will make your computer sound more and more like a jet engine.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
As always when it comes to gaming nowadays, I take a wait-and-see method. No hype, but no hate either. That way I can avoid disappointment.

BenJepheneT

Update:

TAKETWO CLAIMED THE VIDEOS IN RECORD TIME HAHAHAHA

1663610337746.png

you can still watch the leaks at bilibili com

based chin cheng hanji

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Rockstar is on par with mobile game companies in terms of monetization, I’ve already been tricked into buying gta 5 twice. So unless my friends can convince me to buy Gta 6 I’m skipping it.

BenJepheneT

Rockstar is on par with mobile game companies in terms of monetization, I’ve already been tricked into buying gta 5 twice. So unless my friends can convince me to buy Gta 6 I’m skipping it.
> paid for GTA 5
> twice
> didn't sit at 12 am on May 21st 2020 to get it for free

even if you HAVE to play it, why pay? there's always the yo ho ho market.

but yes, the monetization is atrocious for Online. and that's coming from a level 270+ player. i never spent a single cent, but i still feel like I'm owed some compensation.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
> paid for GTA 5
> twice
> didn't sit at 12 am on May 21st 2020 to get it for free

even if you HAVE to play it, why pay? there's always the yo ho ho market.

but yes, the monetization is atrocious for Online. and that's coming from a level 270+ player. i never spent a single cent, but i still feel like I'm owed some compensation.
Bought it for Xbox 360, and Xbox 1 so I could keep playing online with friends.