Guide for new authors? Getting new viewers?

SailusGebel

I have most of those except smut
You write a gender-bender Naruto fanfic with GL as the main plotline, without smut? Seriously? Smut is the whole point! Btw, don't forget to add a system and a harem of hot chicks. Oh, and use a hot chick as your cover, preferably two chicks that look like they are in a relationship. Like a yuri fanart of Naruto heroines or something, figure this out yourself.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Who told you about that? How do you know that title? Tell Shiro to leave me alone!

Oh yeah. Sometimes I get complacent like that too. I get a few excited comments and I'm all, "eh i can afford to go dark for a while" then fuck off for weeks. Sometimes months. But I DO work on other stories in that time, so I'm not entirely idle.

I never received fanart, personally. I have received fanfiction tho. Mainly sex scenes between MC and his mom. Lol I remember a dude who made a fanfiction about the MC being in a Dead Space type of situation. And you know what? That whole thing was just a build up to some sex between him and a horde of Xenomorph babes.

Why? Cuz i once commented that I could see the MC on a space ship later on down the line, being kidnapped by aliens, then a few days later his companions blast open the doors to save him and only to see him clapping alien cheeks. As one does.

Anyway, the rant aside. Yeah. I guess that "inspired" the guy. But instead of just writing that one scene, he wrote a whole 9 to 12k word long chapter about it. The aforementioned sex scene only came like near the end lol.

I liked it, so I edited in the appropriate reactions and dialogue the MC would use cuz the guy said he didnt know how to write him the same way.
I have received fanfic before as well. Though the one I did receive didn't make me want to stop writing the story for a while. Yes, it was a sex scene where MC causes a sex paradox but it wasn't as bad as the fanart. To be honest, I want to stop working on my main story for a while but I want to have it finished by New Years. Thus, I have to keep pushing through.

AKnightWithaKnife

I swear to god every time I see a genderbender gl I want to offf my self. Having readable content is one way to get views.(people will stay if your writing doesn’t give them a migraine)

RayneStorm

You write a gender-bender Naruto fanfic with GL as the main plotline, without smut? Seriously? Smut is the whole point! Btw, don't forget to add a system and a harem of hot chicks. Oh, and use a hot chick as your cover, preferably two chicks that look like they are in a relationship. Like a yuri fanart of Naruto heroines or something, figure this out yourself.
I don't write Naruto fanfiction...

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
Post chapters consistently on a timely manner.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I'd like to know too because even with daily uploads I haven't been getting many readers to my story
Link your stories in your signature. Get covers with a clear picture of your Female Lead on it(Does not need to be sexualized). The Twin one, I think needs the Multiple Protagonists tag, since the synopsis is from a boy's perspective but the Tomboyish Female Protagonist tag is also used(?). I don't have time to read every story lately, but your stories seem to be fine(exciting even) based on the synopsis.

Basically, you just need to advertise. Signature, Twitter, Forum posts(Not the annoying kind though), any other websites you have content on should have a link. Also, talk to other authors and readers who like the sort of content you're making. Find a discord or something. Don't be whiny or simper at people though.

Lastly, I don't have any experience with it, but try posting on Royal Road as well. I've heard the kind of stuff you're writing is more popular there. Even if something goes wrong, you can ask them to read your story on SH.

Edit: By the By, try mixing your upload time, if you haven't already. You have a shockingly low number of views, maybe you should try posting when more people are around to view your stuff.
I swear to god every time I see a genderbender gl I want to offf my self. Having readable content is one way to get views.(people will stay if your writing doesn’t give them a migraine)
There's ways to exclude specific tags and genres, you know? No need to beat yourself up for disliking the stuff everyone else loves.

Vicky

I don't write Naruto fanfiction...
Don't listen to the advice you hear in the scribble hub forums. It is filled with salty authors who are angry at the world.

I saw what you wrote. Your target demographic is mostly on Royal Road.

Scribble Hub has Wuxias too, but they normally do not become popular until like +100 chapters in.

The rest of the clowns here who are telling you to write smut and fanfic and GB, all have shit for readers.

RayneStorm

Don't listen to the advice you hear in the scribble hub forums. It is filled with salty authors who are angry at the world.

I saw what you wrote. Your target demographic is mostly on Royal Road.

Scribble Hub has Wuxias too, but they normally do not become popular until like +100 chapters in.

The rest of the clowns here who are telling you to write smut and fanfic and GB, all have shit for readers.
I cross post to Royal Road but the numbers aren't much better there
Link your stories in your signature. Get covers with a clear picture of your Female Lead on it(Does not need to be sexualized). The Twin one, I think needs the Multiple Protagonists tag, since the synopsis is from a boy's perspective but the Tomboyish Female Protagonist tag is also used(?). I don't have time to read every story lately, but your stories seem to be fine(exciting even) based on the synopsis.

Basically, you just need to advertise. Signature, Twitter, Forum posts(Not the annoying kind though), any other websites you have content on should have a link. Also, talk to other authors and readers who like the sort of content you're making. Find a discord or something. Don't be whiny or simper at people though.

Lastly, I don't have any experience with it, but try posting on Royal Road as well. I've heard the kind of stuff you're writing is more popular there. Even if something goes wrong, you can ask them to read your story on SH.

Edit: By the By, try mixing your upload time, if you haven't already. You have a shockingly low number of views, maybe you should try posting when more people are around to view your stuff.

There's ways to exclude specific tags and genres, you know? No need to beat yourself up for disliking the stuff everyone else loves.
Lately I have been trying to upload at different times of the day but I haven't seen a difference in numbers yet

I'll have to take another look at the tags. Phoenix tells the vast majority of the story but it's about the both of them so I debated on putting that in

I'm glad someone else thinks the view numbers are low because I was wondering if I was being too arrogant thinking that they were

I'm glad you like the synopsis. I've reworked it quite a bit to make it sound cool

I haven't yet figured out how to link the stories. It's something I'm still working on

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I haven't yet figured out how to link the stories. It's something I'm still working on
Yeah, to be honest, it's really fucking weird. Sorry for the low quality on the image.

1. Go to the image on your book, right click and Copy Image Address.

2. Click the link in your sig.(This means you'll be inserting the image INSIDE the link. May not be necessary, but it's what I did.)

3. Insert the image by URL.

4. Click Image for fancy image manipulate tools.

View attachment 9516
Step 2 is unneeded, if you click the image you can click the little link symbol in the Image Manipulation tools to turn the image into a link. Step 1 is the most important, though. If you don't copy the Image Address, you might end up trying to link an entire site, rather than a picture on that site.

Ah, to get to the Signature itself, click your user name in the top right, then click Signature. Then the little chain-link symbol just needs the URL for your story.

RayneStorm

Step 2 is unneeded, if you click the image you can click the little link symbol in the Image Manipulation tools to turn the image into a link. Step 1 is the most important, though. If you don't copy the Image Address, you might end up trying to link an entire site, rather than a picture on that site.

Ah, to get to the Signature itself, click your user name in the top right, then click Signature. Then the little chain-link symbol just needs the URL for your story.
Okay, I think I got it. Thanks

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Okay, I think I got it. Thanks
I looked at "I will become a god" 1st chapter. In my opinion, your issue is the passive main character. She only reacts to the world around her and there is very little written on her, mostly the world around her as well as the actions of other characters. Most of the time she just describes what she sees without any significant bias or emotion.
By the end of chapter 1 I barely have any idea who, as a character, she really is. I initially thought she was planning something at the beginning (the nod) but it didn't come to be. Worst of all - your possible hook - "her decision to do X" - that would highlight the future plot and spur the story into action. is woefully missing.

RayneStorm

I looked at "I will become a god" 1st chapter. In my opinion, your issue is the passive main character. She only reacts to the world around her and there is very little written on her, mostly the world around her as well as the actions of other characters. Most of the time she just describes what she sees without any significant bias or emotion.
By the end of chapter 1 I barely have any idea who, as a character, she really is. I initially thought she was planning something at the beginning (the nod) but it didn't come to be. Worst of all - your possible hook - "her decision to do X" - that would highlight the future plot and spur the story into action. is woefully missing.
Thanks for taking a look at the story. It's a little hard to make that character in particular active in the first chapter due to her role as a slave. She makes that decision at the end of chapter 2. Originally they were one chapter but I thought it was too long and split it

AKnightWithaKnife

yeah for some reason recently updated doesn't take your backlisted tags into consideration.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Thanks for taking a look at the story. It's a little hard to make that character in particular active in the first chapter due to her role as a slave. She makes that decision at the end of chapter 2. Originally they were one chapter but I thought it was too long and split it
My MC character is a slave - if you want check out my 1st chapter on how I tried to introduce such a character to the story. Most of the chapter happens in his mind and the usual master/slave interactions were deliberately glossed over into a background exactly so that I could concentrate on his character. Don't worry about the tags - 1st chapter only has some foul language.

Perhaps it can give you with some ideas, not that it is the best quality itself.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
yeah for some reason recently updated doesn't take your backlisted tags into consideration.
Untitled3.png

You mean this? It absolutely does. Everything on the front page uses release filtering. The only time the result isn't filtered is if you Search for something, since you have to Exclude it during a search.