Guys I am rewriting my first chapters...need help?

Sloth-of-Bangkok

The link is here. I need some suggestion.

TLCsDestiny

I suggest saying it out loud. U might find that helps u with not only editing but seeing if u yourself can get into it.
Just a thought...

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
I did some recommendations as well. What I would recommend you do is read over the chapter again to refresh yourself of what happened in that chapter, then write the chapter again, as if you were writing a new chapter, but you're just more planned out then usual. Check back with the old version every now and again to make sure you aren't missing any important events, and there's no problem with just transferring any jokes over to the new version (as long as they still fit within the context). As you write, or perhaps before you start writing, you should think to yourself how much of what you originally wrote is important to the story. Character introductions, setting introductions, plot elements? Those are important. Random characters who may never appear again in the story? Perhaps don't spend much time on mentioning them. You might find that some of the plot elements you originally introduced are now completely superfluous, and some scenes are practically meaningless - there isn't a problem with just removing them in those cases. It gives you space to write about something else, or just compacts the earlier chapters - nobody likes a long introduction.

Note that all of this is in general and isn't referring to a specific character/characters or events in the chapter in question, and should not be taken as such. I am not suggesting 'remove x scene' or 'remove y character' because a) I haven't read beyond that chapter and b) those characters and events may well have future implications that you have planned but I know nothing about. It's up to you to figure out what's best in those cases.

Chaaruzu_Corner

Young Senior Member
Hmmm I wouldn't call myself the most professional of writers but for me just write what's in your mind and edit it after you finished the chapter. For me I immediately go back and read it and correct the errors and stuff. But a good alternative is to save it and come back to it later so you can have a refreshed mind and can notice mistakes more easily ^^

(Oh I just realized its rewriting not writing the first chapters XD anyways it sticks)

Plus if you have enough chapters and reads there will be helpful comments pointing out your mistakes ^^