Guys, I now know how to prologue. Yay.

• Thread starter Deleted member 93348
  • Start date

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I only know to do a prologue if there is going to be a time-skip for chapter one. Like galactic scifi writing and mentioning an empire with some background. Follow it with a major event that sets as the backbone/goal/tone/mystery of the rest of the book as to why the rest will be important.

Or in my case (not the one in my signature), to skip what I consider the boring parts of the start of isekai stories. The part of gathering X to setup and then promptly forgetting about it for the rest of the story when the tone shifts into the bread and butter. I did X so many times because I'm new to the world! These five chapters of nothing but grueling work was to survive/build/power-up... now let's focus on the next hundred chapters with cooking. And end it with some kingdom building.

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
At first I didn't even know what a prologue is supposed to do and just write it as a chapter 1. Now I know it, but I will still write the prologue as chapter 1 anyways.

Well it depend, sometimes you want to start with a Promise(letting the reader know what your story is going to be/setting the theme or tone/plot foreshadowing.), then character introduction.
What? You wanna start with some “deep” whackass lore about gods and demons raging up there in the heavens? Well, fuck you!
This come to being the exposition problem, well its hard afterall to make it interesting.

Last edited: