Guys, I now know how to prologue. Yay.

• Thread starter Deleted member 93348
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 93348

I’m planning to bulldoze the entire opening of my novel for something actually coherent and not self-masturbatory. After a few feedbacks, I bashed my head with Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged, but it made my opening wordy to the point it’s unfunny. But after I bashed myself with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I found the secret elixir to a good prologue, and even a phenomenal one. Listen closely… closer… closer… *breaths loudly*

Start with the fucking characters, you numbnuts! (aka me and my headass)

What? You wanna start with some “deep” whackass lore about gods and demons raging up there in the heavens? Well, fuck you! What does this have to do with some punkass rich boy who does fancy sword tricks? This ain’t some BL xianxia, and I will tear through that garbage rather than bash it over my head.

Basically:

Prologue=Jimmy goes to school, and he bumped into some bullies… blah-blah-blah… the girl stood by his house after school, and she waved.

Prologue≠The WTFinians slew those who had betrayed their cause. One, two, and two more, they sliced heads cleanly like flowing silk… blah-blah-blah… King Ineedanoose held the sheer might of the Fuckoffdontcare Stone, and bars of blinding light caged those who still stood in their way.

Edit: if Story_Marc reads this, I will start an OnlyFans, just for you. 👅 (pls kill me)

Last edited by a moderator:

JayDirex

Welp, i’ll commit stop living now. See ya!
Yes, they're trolling. Because they know you don't need a prologue at all. You heard right.

YOU DO NOT NEED A PROLOGUE

What you need to know is: The story begins on page one.

Repeat: The story begins on page one.

It doesn’t begin on page ten. It doesn’t start in chapter five.

It starts on page one.

Forget a ridiculous prologue. Start the story on page one, Chapter one. Get to the story. Intro characters and their problem and the stakes to those problems as immediately as you are able. You think you’re doing something clever by denying this? You think the readers needs to know the backstory of the Gods of the realm in an info dump Prologue instead of telling the reader THE ACTUAL STORY? Hmm? No.

Readers will open your chapter to read a story. And If by the end of the first page there isn’t a story, the readers will move on to a novel where the MC's story is actually being told.
I don't know how to write a prologue or a novel, but I do it anyways!
that means you don't even know why you are writing one. You just writing prologues because that's what you THINK you are supposed to do.

Here's an idea. How about you start the story on page one.

D

Deleted member 54065

You guys really doing this huh?
When you reply to the thread, click the reply box. Then, on the upper part, click the middle 'three dots'. The first option (a smiley) is where you find your blobs.

Now answer them with lots of blobs!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
JayDirex is right, the story begins on page 1~

Making or not making a prologue is up to you, but the Prologue should be directly related to the story regardless. Don't put some background info or whatever on your Prologue. That's totally boring, unnecessary and forgettable... Yes, very very forgettable. Expect your readers to have completely forgotten any Prologue info dump by chapter 5.
Start with the fucking characters, you numbnuts! (aka me and my headass)
So yes, this seems like a very good way of going about it~
Prologue≠The WTFinians slew those who had betrayed their cause. One, two, and two more, they sliced heads cleanly like flowing silk… blah-blah-blah… King Ineedanoose held the sheer might of the Fuckoffdontcare Stone, and bars of blinding light caged those who still stood in their way.
And yes, this is indeed a bad prologue, so... I think you're on the right track~

Good luck with your story~