Writing Habits during writing

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
What peculiar habits appear when you’re writing?
For me, I tend to lick or bite on my lips when really invested in writing.

RedPanda

My thoughts drifting often away and after awhile do I find myself how I read some Manga or Novels.

The habit doesn’t have to do with the writing itself...

LostinMovement

I tend to scrape off the dry skin of my lips until they bleed. I do it unconsciously when I'm thinking too hard so it kind of became a habit. I have about ten lip balm sticks at the moment, just to give you an idea.

Last edited:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Hmn...I would actually stop breathing and slow my heart rate whenever i'm focus on writing. Since i usually have shakey hands that i usually do this whenever i draw. Every time i get serious, i would always do this and kept me calm and slow down time. I don't usually do this since i tend to always be in a near death state.

Most notably would be that i tend to space out and forgot what i was heading with my writing, even whenever i draw, i would space out like i lost regognition of myself. Treading between knowing who i am and what am i thing.

I don't usually do this on the early days of my writing career but as the words get longer, the more space out i am.

Usually, i even forget who i am for a few minutes before snapping out to reality and take on a deep breath.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I play with my hair and sometimes I get up and walk in circles.

My mom used to say that watching me pace in circles would make her dizzy. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

mrsimple

Writer
When I was insane, I'd pass out. I didn't sleep. :blob_blank:

Nowadays, I try to write. I don't know if I retain any old habits, I don't remember. As for new ones, I'd have to be told about them because I'd likely be too focused on what I'm doing to notice the trending behavior. It'd likely be a too familiar activity for me to acknowledge as a habit. :blob_unsure:

Jakotheshadows

I make faces depending on what emotion I'm trying to portray in my characters. It's not intentional, but occasionally people ask me if I'm alright when I'm trying to write a sequence that has me sad or angry. My friends started taping me when I'd do it as I write to rib me about it.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
My mouse would unconsciously drag itself to a new tab and from that point onward it's a blur. After I come back, I magically have words in my head that I can instantaneously type out without prior thinking.

I tried forcing myself to stop the mouse and continue writing but the words just don't come. Maybe it's my subconscious piecing the words for me as I play another FFA on Krunker. I love this fucking brain.

I also jack off. A lot.

LWFlouisa

I emphasize the relaxation. I'll use drive myself to a half awake state, so I can think about nothing except what I'm writing about.

I used to smoke a lot more. If you're going to do that ( not saying you should ), I prefer roll your own over the pre packaged stuff. I tend to prefer pipe tobacco over cigarette tobacco. Which might make me sound like a detective, but I'm still rolling them as cigarettes. Grinding the tips of matches till they became toothpicks was a ... odd nervous tick.

I also developed an eating habit, which I'm still trying to fix.