Hans' Chibi Tutorial

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29316

Well, as someone who's been working with tons of Padoru and Chibi illustrations, I've been asked by someone ( @Queenfisher ) to do a tutorial on how to 'chibi' characters.

And since I'm finally done with writing my story's 6th volume, I think it's time I give back to the SH community once again. So, I'm doing this simple tutorial on how to do 'chibi'. PLEASE DO TAKE NOTE THAT ARTISTS HAVE DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES IN ILLUSTRATIONS, and this is only one way of how to do it, NOT THE ONLY WAY. Hopefully, some might find this helpful.

And by the way, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm glad to be of help to everyone. :blob_melt::blob_evil_two:

So, without further ado, here are the steps on how I 'chibi' my characters (or your characters...if you requested it). For this sample, I'll be using my story's ULTRA HATED, SUPER BETA-CUCK MC (according to some readers), Kuro.

1) First, we need to draw the guideline for the head. It's just a simple circle, and don't try to make it a perfect one, since it's just a guideline.

Chibi Tutorial 1.jpg

2) Next, we draw the hair and the head. For the hair, just draw the basic shape of the character's hair; no need to make it too detailed. For the head, a big, circular one would do...no matter what shape your character's head is in non-chibi version.

Chibi Tutorial 2.jpg

3) Then, once we're done with the head and hair, we draw the basic shape guidelines for the body. Take note, chibis are SUPER-DEFORMED versions of your characters, so only the basic shapes would do. Do not worry much about the fingers and other small details (like clothing folds and creases), unless it's really important (like tattoos, etc.) Another thing you should remember is that, the HEAD IS ALWAYS LARGER THAN THE BODY.

Chibi Tutorial 3.jpg

4) Fourth step would be drawing the actual chibi body, as well as the feet and hands. In my style, it's always elongated. For padorus, small fingers could be seen.

Chibi Tutorial 4.jpg

5) Then, after doing the body, remove your guidelines.

Chibi Tutorial 5.jpg

6) Once your chibi has been cleaned of the guidelines, draw the facial details...

Chibi Tutorial 6.jpg

7) Once done with the lineart, you may color it.

Kuro Web.jpg

So yeah, hope this helps. If you got any further questions, or clarifications, you may PM me. Thanks!

Queenfisher

Bird?
Well, as someone who's been working with tons of Padoru and Chibi illustrations, I've been asked by someone ( @Queenfisher ) to do a tutorial on how to 'chibi' characters.

And since I'm finally done with writing my story's 6th volume, I think it's time I give back to the SH community once again. So, I'm doing this simple tutorial on how to do 'chibi'. PLEASE DO TAKE NOTE THAT ARTISTS HAVE DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES IN ILLUSTRATIONS, and this is only one way of how to do it, NOT THE ONLY WAY. Hopefully, some might find this helpful.

And by the way, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm glad to be of help to everyone. :blob_melt::blob_evil_two:

So, without further ado, here are the steps on how I 'chibi' my characters (or your characters...if you requested it). For this sample, I'll be using my story's ULTRA HATED, SUPER BETA-CUCK MC (according to some readers), Kuro.

1) First, we need to draw the guideline for the head. It's just a simple circle, and don't try to make it a perfect one, since it's just a guideline.

View attachment 4943

2) Next, we draw the hair and the head. For the hair, just draw the basic shape of the character's hair; no need to make it too detailed. For the head, a big, circular one would do...no matter what shape your character's head is in non-chibi version.

View attachment 4944

3) Then, once we're done with the head and hair, we draw the basic shape guidelines for the body. Take note, chibis are SUPER-DEFORMED versions of your characters, so only the basic shapes would do. Do not worry much about the fingers and other small details (like clothing folds and creases), unless it's really important (like tattoos, etc.) Another thing you should remember is that, the HEAD IS ALWAYS LARGER THAN THE BODY.

View attachment 4946

4) Fourth step would be drawing the actual chibi body, as well as the feet and hands. In my style, it's always elongated. For padorus, small fingers could be seen.

View attachment 4947

5) Then, after doing the body, remove your guidelines.

View attachment 4948

6) Once your chibi has been cleaned of the guidelines, draw the facial details...

View attachment 4949

7) Once done with the lineart, you may color it.

View attachment 4950

So yeah, hope this helps. If you got any further questions, or clarifications, you may PM me. Thanks!

Ah, thank you thank you thank you!!!

I hate drawing chibis because I overthink them too much and a simple step-by-step tutorial will help!

Also, your Kuro is so cute. Please, don't listen to people who hate him -- he's adorable ^^.

MasterHiatus

I am back
...never have I learned this much. Imma try that on a piece of paper and admire whatever type of abomination I made

D

Deleted member 29316

Ah, thank you thank you thank you!!!

I hate drawing chibis because I overthink them too much and a simple step-by-step tutorial will help!

Also, your Kuro is so cute. Please, don't listen to people who hate him -- he's adorable ^^.
Well, they hated my character's attitude.

D

Deleted member 46002

Guys, I think I got it, but I have a better tutorial
1.png
2.png

3.png