Has anyone at all been able to avoid procastination (who used to procastinate alot)

Have you been able to change yourself avoid procastination and gain mastery over anything

• yes

• no

• 16 year old

• 17 year old

• 18 year old

• 19 year old

• 20 year old

• 21 year old

• 22 year old

• 23 year old

• 24 year old

• 25 year old

• 26 year old

• 27 year old

• 28 year old

• 29 year old

• 30 year old

• shit i am too old

Results are only viewable after voting.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
Has anyone who has been using this website been able to change themselves and become as productive as needed . Anyone at all here has been able to overcome his social media addiction and achieve his desires (which were hard). It doesn't count if you did not procastinate in the past. You need to have once procrastinated a lot and then changed yourself and stooped procrastinating. If anything worked. Tell your experiences.
If you somehow rose to top 10% in your class from the middle.
Anyone at all. Example
going from this
to a better condition.
The question is not about raising your self esteem or any other kind of self improvement. The question is only about overcoming procrastination to become better than average and get a good elo score.

PLEASE ENTER YOUR AGE IN THE REPLIES AFTER VOTING
or atleast if you are in college or highschool or at what stages of life

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 53101

I've addicted to spamming, I mean, posting replies in the SHF that I neglected my writing. Don't know how to overcome procrastination, as I never try that hard to overcome it, I embrace it willingly. :blob_hug:

Edit: I'm 20 btw ... I still have too much time to spare in this life so that's that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
Bro I love that song, literally the story of my life. And no, I have not overcome procrastination. If anything, I’ve gotten wayyyyyyyyy worse. I’m just replying to keep this thread afloat.

I need help lol ૮( ꒦ິ⍣꒦ີ)ა

Theoretical advice: You will never stop procrastination via motivation alone. Motivation will only kick in the hour before a deadline. You stop procrastination with discipline, and you build discipline through routine. Routine takes over every aspect of your life, from the moment you wake to the moment you sleep. Everyday wake up at the same time, eat at the same time, do your hygiene at the same time, workout at the same time, and do your work at the same time. It’s 4 pm? Well, now it’s time to work for three hours. No questions, no excuses. And then consistently repeat this until not following the routine becomes weird. And you must properly do your work during those hours you are supposed to. Force yourself. It’s like dieting; it sucks at the beginning but will get easier as your body and mind adjust.

This was what I used to do, but now I’m a failure of a bubble that pulls all-nighters and is failing school 😔 (but I was also depressed, so if your mental state is okay, this advice should be fine)

Last edited:

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
I'm not in a position to give advice but I would give example of how I do it...

Basically I go along and agree with myself. Whenever there is a "season of lazyness", I don't resist. The "season" ends when I get fed up with not doing anything and I go to "season of work", then I do it till I want to procrastinate and the cycle starts again...

someguysomeone

I'm not in a position to give advice but I would give example of how I do it...

Basically I go along and agree with myself. Whenever there is a "season of lazyness", I don't resist. The "season" ends when I get fed up with not doing anything and I go to "season of work", then I do it till I want to procrastinate and the cycle starts again...
alright bro first guy to say yes.
I am posting it here to remind myself later.
Plan just keep solving mock tests. Just keep solving them and completely learn how to do each question.
See a question. Go in detail how that type of question is solved quickly.Learn that by heart. Then move on to next question.
Take it easy. Don't do too hard questions. Just watch videos solve simple questions and move on

Last edited:

skillet

a frying pan
I wanted to choose both yes and no but that's probably of no use to you :')

JUST WANT TO GET THIS OUT THERE:
I honestly think procrastination really depends a lot more on your current head space more than just an attribute to, like, laziness. When I was having a particularly hard time in my life, I would for example begin writing my essays anywhere from two hours to as short as half an hour before the due date (or the absolute cut line, which might be after the deadline lol) because I couldn't stop myself from procrastinating. It was horrible, like I was telling myself it's time to work, but the rest of me was going nope, and I had no control over my body. I'm mostly out of that now, but that wasn't because I did something but because I got out of that really not okay situation/state and gained some more mental strength (?).

If you're finding yourself procrastinating beyond what is in an acceptable range (lol I don't think I'll ever not procrastinate a little - hence both 'yes' and 'no' - but it's still a little/by a manageable amount), it might be a sign that you're not really in a mentally okay state. It might mean that you don't have enough mental strength to get through (what you perceive as) the icky stuff, and there's probably a reason for that. :) Take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself-- your brain is probably doing its best!

That being said, something I heard somewhere that might help you: "It's easier not to do what you want to do rather than doing what you don't want to do."
--> It's easier to not do something than to do something you don't want to do, so make use of that. For example, I want to browse SH + I need to study, but I don't want to study. It'll be easier to make yourself not browse SH than it will be to force yourself to study. So what you do then is stop doing what it is that you're tempted to do (this is the easier thing to do), and if you just seat yourself in front of the desk refusing to do whatever's tempting you, then in time you'll be bored enough to start doing what you don't want to do but need to do.

someguysomeone

That being said, something I heard somewhere that might help you: "It's easier not to do what you want to do rather than doing what you don't want to do."
--> It's easier to not do something than to do something you don't want to do, so make use of that. For example, I want to browse SH + I need to study, but I don't want to study. It'll be easier to make yourself not browse SH than it will be to force yourself to study. So what you do then is stop doing what it is that you're tempted to do (this is the easier thing to do), and if you just seat yourself in front of the desk refusing to do whatever's tempting you, then in time you'll be bored enough to start doing what you don't want to do but need to do.
Amen. Thanks for your wisdom
well
the actual problem . Is that it's too fucking hard . You can work really hard but it still doesn't feel enough for the goal at all so it's not that rewarding. You think yeah i could have done way more. Like bro it's 6 hour of productive study.
Eh i would try changing my study stratergy
Like maybe my brain isn't able to work when it has to literally solve 200 questions a day just to catch up. They are MCQ but still god damm. Especially if you don't have the solutions in a book

EDIT: OK i accidentally sounded sarcastic(IDK how). I am actually sincerely thankful for your reply though. It's good advice

Last edited:

skillet

a frying pan
Amen. Thanks for your wisdom
well

the actual problem . Is that it's too fucking hard . You can work really hard but it still doesn't feel enough for the goal at all so it's not that rewarding. You think yeah i could have done way more. Like bro it's 6 hour of productive study.
Eh i would try changing my study stratergy
Like maybe my brain isn't able to work when it has to literally solve 200 questions a day just to catch up. They are MCQ but still god damm. Especially if you don't have the solutions in a book

EDIT: OK i accidentally sounded sarcastic(IDK how). I am actually sincerely thankful for your reply though. It's good advice
While I definitely don't know the specifics to your situation, I do want to say-- bro do I know how that feels. xD

Mm, maybe you can try changing your expectations first? The frustration that comes from feeling like you didn't reach your goals might also be adding to your stress + making you want to procrastinate more. Make your goals smaller-- like, you know what, I'm going to focus on this one thing (if we're talking studying) and this one thing only for now.
And you should also learn to pat yourself on the back for all the little things too-- six hours of studying?? that's legit hard! Good job on going through that!!

In line with what I've said before that part you quoted, learning to destress yourself/shaving off any pressure you feel may be a big help too, so that you're less reluctant because the Deed To Do is no longer as big as a mountain, but smaller. Lol I sound like one of those cheesy time management planners-- make your goals bite-sized! :D But really, that does give you more energy. Keep telling yourself that it's okay if you don't tackle everything at once, and focus on getting a single, and most immediate, thing done. Then move onto the next. (This, I hear, is actually a recommended study strategy. Ahaha growth mindset and what not)

And by the way, still on the subject of studying (sorry I have so much to say o_o): if you have trouble continually focusing while studying, it might be because you have what I like to call multiple 'channels' in your brain. One 'channel' is taken up by studying, but one 'channel' may be distracting you with a whole bunch of other thoughts that make you go 'this is boring'. If that is the case, experiment to see how you can 'block' it-- whether with music (and if so, what kind), white noise (like rain sounds), or an actual TV show/radio podcast/whatever. (Case in point: I once listened to an online lecture playing Tetris the entire time because just focusing on that one super boring lecture made me zone off completely-- and I legit heard every single thing the lecturer said while I played. Find out what your best 'zone' is too!)

tl;dr: stop beating yourself on the head for not doing perfectly as you expected, focus entirely on one thing at a time, and maybe see if you need to distract yourself from distracting yourself. Lol. Good luck.

someguysomeone

Case in point: I once listened to an online lecture playing Tetris the entire time because just focusing on that one super boring lecture made me zone off completely-- and I legit heard every single thing the lecturer said while I played. Find out what your best 'zone' is too!)
good idea. I usually just put the speed to twice the speed but then i switch tab or pause or start doing something else
" And you should also learn to pat yourself on the back for all the little things too-- six hours of studying?? that's legit hard! Good job on going through that!!"I haven't been able to actually do that.
Though channel one is good advice.
The most shit thing is you watch the entire lecture but still the MCQ questions are way too hard. A voice whispers in head "too much is left it would never be enough"
Seriously i get that feeling of .Yeah too easy and another voice in head
Now for the super hard part actually consistensly applying the advice and not quitting in 2 days.

Last edited:

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Has anyone who has been using this website been able to change themselves and become as productive as needed . Anyone at all here has been able to overcome his social media addiction and achieve his desires (which were hard). It doesn't count if you did not procastinate in the past. You need to have once procrastinated a lot and then changed yourself and stooped procrastinating. If anything worked. Tell your experiences.
Anyone at all. Example
going from this
to a better condition.
The question is not about raising your self esteem or any other kind of self improvement. The question is only about overcoming procrastination to become better than average and get a good elo score.

Well, if the changes to be spoken were made by only using this website, then at the very least, I'd say 'sans hesitation, no!'

Overcoming social media addiction and achieving desires? Hmm... I don't have any social media problems because I focus more on my work rather than involving or creating some social media dramas and self-rambling posts that contribute nothing and only deems you are a clown who can't face your own problem without having to speak it to others. Yet who am I to say? Everyone is free to indulge themselves in trivial things that I see - fit as they see fit, that's none of my problems.

Currently trying to achieve my desires, or so I call an American dream. It is high enough, even the stretch of my hand isn't enough... well, you pray tell? Then I answer! My desire is to do everything, possible or impossible, if it is near me and if it interests me, then I show no more hesitation and demand a try to become the best at it!

Once procrastinated in my life? I cannot deny I did, but it's not just once - or rather I say, never a person would have to procrastinate once! A person's inevitable to become tempted by procrastination, if one were to speak a different answer, then I demand proof.

In addition, being in the top 10% or top 10 isn't a problem at all.

"The question is only about overcoming procrastination, in order to become better than the average and get a good elo score."

Then pray tell me why ask if we had overcome our social media addiction or have achieved our desires? If you tell me if that's the result of avoiding procrastination, then please properly phrase your sentences to avoid misunderstanding. And specifying the result of overcoming procrastination by saying 'to become better than the average and get a good elo score.' would mean that every people who are procrastinating play American football, basketball, Major League Baseball, table tennis, board games such as Scrabble and Diplomacy, and esports, particularly Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and has to overcome procrastination to get better at it.

So to speak, that would be a faulty generalization, and would gladly speak to change it to a more generally specifying sentence; such as "avoiding procrastination in order to become better at what you're currently doing, what you currently suck at, or what you are trying to greatly improve upon, such as your ability, skills, and crafts."

Your sampled video is in Japanese, and in fact, a Japanese song - try to define what happens in the video as people are bound not to watch it. But by going from what you've said "Going from this... to a better condition." I can deduce that someone in the video starts off with a bad condition and then goes into a sequence of action that led to this person becoming better than what the person currently was in the past.

"PLEASE ENTER YOUR AGE IN THE REPLIES AFTER VOTING
or at least if you are in college or high school or at what stages of life.
"

...Is this optional or a required thing to do? But alas, we are on the internet, let me at least share by saying an indistinct answer like 'YOUTH!'. Now then, I bid goodbye.

D

Deleted member 54065

Anyone at all. Example
going from this
to a better condition.

I'm 31, going 32. I'm working as a teacher/legal counsel.

For me, I managed to overcome my procrastination when I was 29. Back then I was just going with whatever my life's events takes me. I even have a story that was left in development hell, and I just can't continue writing it for some reason. Also, the years 2014-2017 had been 'dry' for me, meaning, even in illustrations, I only managed to finish one or two?

Then one day I suddenly found myself about to arrive in my mid-life with no accomplishment whatsoever in what I really wanted to do (which is writing), so I told myself to 'get your sh*t together' and start writing. And don't drop it whatever happens.

Been like that ever since.

Anown

Ive been procrastinating since my graduation. Did get to work but didnt last long. Mostly unemployed for 1-2 year after every job. Yeah. Im a big time procrastinator.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I'm a huge procrastinator but I've managed to limit that so far that I am able to finish the stuff I need to. For me, there are three parts to successfully doing so:

1. Have a fixed schedule.
2. Get some statistics on what I'm doing.
3. Limit options of procrastination.

The first is important because that helps with holding myself accountable. If I need to finish a chapter that's nice and all but when have I procrastinated too much? If I need to finish one chapter of project X and project Y on Monday each and another one for project Z on Tuesday, then I've procrastinated too much if I can't accomplish that. So a rigid schedule where I know exactly which day of the week I have to post what is the basis for me to even see when procrastination takes too much of my time. (I actually think a bit of procrastination is good because it can be inspiring as well.)
A thing that really helped me was getting one of those time measure/productivity apps. As soon as I start working, I click a button, and the app records how long I've worked on it until I push the button again to stop. That way, I can see how much time I've actually spent working (and on what) which helps to realize where I need to put in more effort and what is okay. You can also use this to look back after a week or a month or so to see whether you've gotten any better.
The third part comes from the first two, actually. If I realize that there's too much procrastination, I can watch where it happens and limit it. E.g., I've spent ungodly amounts of time on reddit just browsing threads. To deal with that, I got a browser extension that locks reddit down after an hour a day. So I still get some time there but not so much that it becomes a problem. Same with places like the SH forums. With that, I can go back to work sooner after a break.

I usually write at least 3.5k words a day, do the edits for those chapters, and slowly translate them at the side. I also tend to work on some other projects at the side that I'm either sparkling up a bit if they've been finished for a bit or already prepare for later. Then I naturally have to spend some time on my other job (I'm 26 and self-employed) and for some self-betterment, I am learning two languages. There's surprisingly enough time for all of that in a day if you don't procrastinate as much anymore.
So I'd say it's fairly successful, although I think there's still quite a bit of improvement possible especially in terms of how I distribute my time for all of these.

someguysomeone

I'm a huge procrastinator but I've managed to limit that so far that I am able to finish the stuff I need to. For me, there are three parts to successfully doing so:

1. Have a fixed schedule.
2. Get some statistics on what I'm doing.
3. Limit options of procrastination.

The first is important because that helps with holding myself accountable. If I need to finish a chapter that's nice and all but when have I procrastinated too much? If I need to finish one chapter of project X and project Y on Monday each and another one for project Z on Tuesday, then I've procrastinated too much if I can't accomplish that. So a rigid schedule where I know exactly which day of the week I have to post what is the basis for me to even see when procrastination takes too much of my time. (I actually think a bit of procrastination is good because it can be inspiring as well.)
A thing that really helped me was getting one of those time measure/productivity apps. As soon as I start working, I click a button, and the app records how long I've worked on it until I push the button again to stop. That way, I can see how much time I've actually spent working (and on what) which helps to realize where I need to put in more effort and what is okay. You can also use this to look back after a week or a month or so to see whether you've gotten any better.
The third part comes from the first two, actually. If I realize that there's too much procrastination, I can watch where it happens and limit it. E.g., I've spent ungodly amounts of time on reddit just browsing threads. To deal with that, I got a browser extension that locks reddit down after an hour a day. So I still get some time there but not so much that it becomes a problem. Same with places like the SH forums. With that, I can go back to work sooner after a break.

I usually write at least 3.5k words a day, do the edits for those chapters, and slowly translate them at the side. I also tend to work on some other projects at the side that I'm either sparkling up a bit if they've been finished for a bit or already prepare for later. Then I naturally have to spend some time on my other job (I'm 26 and self-employed) and for some self-betterment, I am learning two languages. There's surprisingly enough time for all of that in a day if you don't procrastinate as much anymore.
So I'd say it's fairly successful, although I think there's still quite a bit of improvement possible especially in terms of how I distribute my time for all of these.
Use app to measure time and get in a habbit of stoping the stopwatch as soon as i get distracted. Got it.
Oh another idea. I can simply ask my parents for help. I won't procastinate if someone is staring over my shoulder. What a genius idea. I can't believe i never thought of this
I am still in highschool and have pretty good parents so that can be used. Like i thought of having like some small cerature to remind me. but i can simply ask my parents. Re Zero really does have great messages. Ask your parents for help
Extremely embarrassing but hey you gotta trade something to get something

Last edited:

MR.DANTE

I procastinate a lot but I never had problems with it, I could surely do better if I stopped but I don't think it's worth to work more then I do now. If I really need to I can and will do more but what's the point? I have a decent chance of achieving my goal and working more on it is not going to increase my chance of success proportionally to the time spent on it, I'll just get diminishing returns.

PS if you really feel like you are wasting your life try to find something you don't mind doing that's productive, also don't force it, do for how long you feel like it then do something else the next time you are bored you find yourself spending some time doing the same thing just because there was nothing better to do, that's how I usually go about my life

Last edited:

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Use app to measure time and get in a habbit of stoping the stopwatch as soon as i get distracted. Got it.
Oh another idea. I can simply ask my parents for help. I won't procastinate if someone is staring over my shoulder. What a genius idea. I can't believe i never thought of this
I am still in highschool and have pretty good parents so that can be used. Like i thought of having like some small cerature to remind me. but i can simply ask my parents. Re Zero really does have great messages. Ask your parents for help
Extremely embarrassing but hey you gotta trade something to get something
Haha, what's pride if you gotta achieve something? I'd say go for it if you think it helps! I sure got motivated to write my assignments in university because of the major guilty conscience I got when my mom asked about them.

someguysomeone

Haha, what's pride if you gotta achieve something? I'd say go for it if you think it helps! I sure got motivated to write my assignments in university because of the major guilty conscience I got when my mom asked about them.
well no it's more like her physically sitting in the same room and staring at me if i start using social media. Benefits of still being in highschool (it's asia so procastination does mean something there are realy really hard enterance exams jee adv)

Benefits of having peace of mind and thinking calmly

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Anyone at all. Example
going from this
to a better condition.

Well when I was in middle school I didn’t get a single award by graduation. I’d become a hardcore gamer, playing COD4 through MW2 all day everyday and I associated with what people would consider the bad apples(smoked, did drugs, cock slapped you accross the face if you fell asleep first when they slept over, etc.). I personally never did any of that stuff though. I also watched all the anime I could find online at the time.

Anyway skip to high school and I graduated top of my class getting a bunch of meaningless scholarships and awards. The big difference between middle school and high school were the people around me. They were all try hards in academics compared to the friends I was around before who all went to a different high school. Anyway, I also watched Baka to Test Shoukanjuu and started treating academics like a game.

Effectively to overcome procrastination I used the strength of my two most time consuming hobbies at the time to rise to the very top without even realizing it. The environment also played a big role. It was either get your shit together or lose the game and be left behind in the dust.