Have any of you guys ever done copywriting before?

BlackKnightX

I’m just curious about this whole copywriting thing. Have any of you guys done this job before? If so, then how was it? Is the job that hard? What’s the requirements to do this job? Any advice for a newbie? Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance~ 🙏🏻

Last edited:

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I’m just curious about this whole copywriting thing. Have any of you guys done this job before? If so, then how was it? Is the job that hard? What’s the requirements to do this job. Any advice for a newbie? Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance~ 🙏🏻
If you’re good at shamelessly bullshitting about why something is the absolute best god given masterpiece this world has ever been bestowed with to get people to buy something(monetary or non-monetary), then it may be easy for you. If you’re not, then it’ll probably be hard.

I’d be dog shit at such a job. I don’t have thick enough skin.

If I asked you to sell me this completely ordinary pen, how would you sell me on it?

If you buy this pen, it gives you immortality. I’ve also heard from many women it has amazing effects on your skin. A high percentage of women have reported themselves as looking ten years younger after buying this pen. Men have also reported they have gotten much luckier with women. They’ve also reported an increase in penis size up to 2 inches. Oh, but you must act now if you’re want to get one, they’re selling out like hot cakes. I’ve only got ten left in stock. Ah, sorry we just sold four of them. We’ve only got six left now.

Last edited:

BlackKnightX

If you’re good at shamelessly bullshitting about why something is the absolute best god given masterpiece this world has ever been bestowed with to get people to buy something(monetary or non-monetary), then it may be easy for you. If you’re not, then it’ll probably be hard.
Oh, bullshit-no-jutsu is my specialty~ 😂

Thanks for the advice, though. 🙏🏻

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I did it for a little while and quit. It was a fun challenge at first, but I wasn't getting paid nearly enough for it, and it was stressful. I realized that I'm too much of a perfectionist to write for a living, so I went into editing instead. I only write for fun now.

BlackKnightX

I did it for a little while and quit. It was a fun challenge at first, but I wasn't getting paid nearly enough for it, and it was stressful. I realized that I'm too much of a perfectionist to write for a living, so I went into editing instead. I only write for fun now.
Thanks. I totally understand how it’s like, being a perfectionist myself and all. And congrats on finding the things you love. Must be fun and blissful. 😆

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
If I asked you to sell me this completely ordinary pen, how would you sell me on it?
Hey you, where do you work? Is there paper there? Well then, I have just the product for you! It's sleek, and efficient! The top tier technology crafted by people way over qualified for pen making is designed specifically for easy, and painless writing. Studies show that people can write up to 78% longer without getting cramps! You can work more efficiently, and longer! This pen leads you on to the road for promotion! Not only that, but its a two for one deal! That's right you can get two of these master pieces for the cost of one! Order now, because only one thousand of these babies were made. Hurry before it's too late!

BlackKnightX

Hey you, where do you work? Is there paper there? Well then, I have just the product for you! It's sleek, and efficient! The top tier technology crafted by people way over qualified for pen making is designed specifically for easy, and painless writing. Studies show that people can write up to 78% longer without getting cramps! You can work more efficiently, and longer! This pen leads you on to the road for promotion! Not only that, but its a two for one deal! That's right you can get two of these master pieces for the cost of one! Order now, because only one thousand of these babies were made. Hurry before it's too late!
Interesting~ 🤔

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I’m just curious about this whole copywriting thing. Have any of you guys done this job before? If so, then how was it? Is the job that hard? What’s the requirements to do this job? Any advice for a newbie? Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance~ 🙏🏻
Do you feel depressed, do you feel irritated, do you ever get angry?! Guess what!? Our ergonomic hyper active throwback hippy gen x machine, the true bed of xyz will truly help! Watch as that man effortlessly falls asleep into his bed, as his toes are licked by a cat! Make sure to order now! To not miss out on our limited time, limited number, half off, 50% off ergonomic internet connected joe manchin supported beds! Make sure to text 7382738:73837378337373 to get your bed! And if you get a friend to check this out you will get a 25% discount!

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Part of my current job involves copywriting.

You need a portfolio, and you need to be a strong non-fiction writer.

Copywriting is easy, in that the material you are writing is straightforward. What makes it difficult is the turnaround and having to conform to the the purpose of the thing you are writing.

So no, it's not easy, especially if you actually want to make money from it.

Sure, some people could write an ad or three. But now imagine that every single day of the week seven people come to you and tell you how you should change something, except half of the changes contradict each other. You'll spend about three days on one double spaced page if you are working in a corporate environment

BlackKnightX

"I don't have a pen."
Here you go~ 😆

Maromar

Yes, unfortunately. Depending on the editor you get stuck with, "acceptable" work can range from a soulless, boring drag that leaves readers with what amounts to an initial promise to solve one problem only to attempt to sell a solution for something only tangentially related, to fun stuff that you'd be surprised qualifies as such a dirty word as "copywriting" (thank you, cat blogs).

The job is only as hard as the client makes it to be honest. Sometimes a client that doesn't understand SEO (search engine optimization) will want you to stuff an article with enough keywords and links to guarantee that it gets buried by Google, then turn around and curse you out after what you warned them would happen happens (but you already have their money at that point and you are NOT obligated to give it back). Other clients, the best kind, set you up with one or two broad objectives "make X product look good," "explain X concept," "make a top 10 list about X," and just leave you to your own devices.

If you're going the freelance route, charge at least 30% of the project cost up front if possible, (sometimes private individuals and magazines take up to a month to pay) then deliver on time every time. If life happens and you need to delay, tell your client, they're usually understanding. More importantly, know how to choose your clients.

Unless you currently have no other options, don't work for anything below a livable rate. Refuse to work with clients that have a history of stringing you/others along or ask for multiple free samples (I don't even like giving free samples at all, a lot of bad actors harvest article briefs from more expensive writers then give them to chumps they already have in their pockets to produce at a penny per word). No is the most powerful weapon in your arsenal, be prepared to wield it. The more chaff you cut through, the less time you waste, the more money you make.

1635997275047.png

Last edited:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I hate advertising to people because I always feel like I'm scamming them, and most of the time, my bosses do make me promise too much. So now I stopped