Have you ever deleted your own story?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I did it because I could. You will never understand the ecstasy of playing god to your own universe. Just as easy as you created it and spawned it to life, with one stroke of a finger you could decimate it to nothing. None left; only the crumbles of it in the Wayback machine.

You are the Creator, the Painter, and the Destroyer. All hands make the pieces, and the pieces shall perish in your hands.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
There's this one story that I didn't continue but I didn't delete it. It's stuck deep inside my old sd card and I don't know if its still alive. I was young back then.....

ArcanePunkster

Mainly because people generally don't enjoy my work for one reason or another. And when that happens I just don't feel like continuing to write for an audience that is there to hate on something that I write. So I delete it and write in my spare as a sort of guilty pleasure for myself.

OkuraTsukiko

[Peace was never an option]
I won't consider it as deleted, but I left a cliffhanger on another story in Wattpad and haven't updated it ever since I joined here. I was getting bumped by the plots and twists that I don't consider it enjoyable to write any further

Sager

I deleted 90% of my work and forget about them but I do keep the good ideas and bring them to my new works.
I cringe every time I find one of my old works that is still up

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I never even posted. Most of the works died in the folder called "Obsolete". I am still trying to finish my first arc before posting and I myself hates the work already, solely because I am forcing myself to write.

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
I only delete the ones that were embarassing failures. You can guess the reason why.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Many years ago, I deleted something on fanfiction.net and started rewriting it. I never got around to finishing.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I deleted my first ever novel from my computer as a kid because my dad viciously mocked it.

I was so ashamed to look at it, even throwing it in its own folder didn't help.

I deeply regret it to this day, so I'll never do it again.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
No, and I don't believe I would unless I intended to remake it right after. If I'm going to put so much effort into making something, I want to keep it up even if imperfect, if I just delete it, then it kind of feels like a waste.

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Yes, idk why tho. I deleted it off this site and other places.

Farok

On Scribblehub? Yeah, two times so far. The stories didn't satisfy me even after rewriting entire paragraphs or chapters, deleting them is the logical choice for me. Otherwise, and even if I do delete my story from online sites. I always keep them on my pc, as proof that my time wasn't wasted. I hate wasting my time.

Farok

I probably wouldn't entirely delete a story, but I have no qualms against abandoning one. After all, if a story you write becomes boring, stressful, or simply too complex for you, don't force yourself. You are the only master onboard, and if you don't appreciate what you do, who will?

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
I used to delete my works all the time.

But then I took an arrow to the knee....

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I did it because I could. You will never understand the ecstasy of playing god to your own universe. Just as easy as you created it and spawned it to life, with one stroke of a finger you could decimate it to nothing. None left; only the crumbles of it in the Wayback machine.

You are the Creator, the Painter, and the Destroyer. All hands make the pieces, and the pieces shall perish in your hands.
Sounds erotic.

Also, why aren't you posting that Fallout fic faster? Thats my favorite game you piece of ape-spittle with turds mixed in!!