Have you ever felt annoyed on some Tsunderes?

FaultedCell

Tsundere is a Japanese term for a character development process that depicts a character with a personality who is initially cold, harsh, temperamental, hotheaded before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time,-Wikipedia-chan

Most of the Shoujo or Romance Highschool Novels or such had this annoying Tsunderes more importantly on some JP novels, some whacks the MC's head, Slaps, or Kicks the MC sometimes for No Reasons,

Then there's this Tsunderes on some CN Harem or Romance novels where he'll be going to make the MC dumb and ruined the whole story

Have you ever felt annoyed with one?

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Nearly all of them save for the few who don't go over-the-top with the 'tsun' part. Like wtf, I know fictional characters don't have to act realistic, but to bring it to the point where you physically abuse the one you wanna fuck and talk shit about them in public, like damn its pretty obvious how they almost never win in those romcom novels.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yeah, I'm watching a particularly annoying one in the anime I'm currently into.

EternalSunset0

I'm not too fond of the bratty aggressive ones (the Rie Kugimiya characters, in short)

I like the more mature ones (relative to the formar) who are less violent like Rin Tohsaka, Erina, those types. Sure, there's reactive violence that's uncalled for and the share of "Baka's/Aho's" but it's less annoying for me when done by a slightly older girl and if it's not as brash as say... Asuka(?) This side of the tsundere spectrum is actually one of my favorite archetypes.

Yati

They may be annoying at times, but at the same time they are so irresistably cute.:blob_melt: You just want to poke and tease.. and eventually pierce through that tsundere wall. :blob_aww:I squeel every time when I see one go "Hmmph" :blob_aww: :blob_melt:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

me and the boys breaking and entering to rid the world of the blight that are tsunderes once and for all (we do not like tsunderes)

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Most of them are very annoying, and it would kind of funny if a MC dealt with rationally. Like with a restraining order, or if that doesn't work let them know these hands are rated 'E' for Everyone.

Habtamu

i am indifferent towards them, not like the mc's are better themselves.

Kenjona

I dislike the ones that are abusive, which regretfully seems to be most of them. Sorry but I long left the woman beating on man is funny a long time ago. Oh wait, never thought that was funny from the very first JP anime I ever saw, looking at you Rumiko Takahashi author of Urusei Yatsura. She ruined a good thing for me; the whole "slap stick beating on men is funny" and we make up for it by putting in eye candy when other shows would not. Star Blazers, now there was an EPIC anime that did things right in the beginning and it was the only reason why I kept looking at manga and anime after seeing the other triteness put out.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I dislike the modern violent types. The old classical types that are angery at first but warm up over time and get sweet while occasionally showing their thorns are kinda cute.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I dislike the modern violent types. The old classical types that are angery at first but warm up over time and get sweet while occasionally showing their thorns are kinda cute.
i blame evangelion for the popularization of Tsunderes

asuka was a great character with her own circumstance but the latter copy cats forgot to put the circumstance with the character and ended up making really great punching bag advertisements
i am indifferent towards them, not like the mc's are better themselves.
what kinda MCs did you read that beat the shit out of people to proclaim their affection 👁️👄👁️

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
Ngl I enjoyed them for a bit but eventually grow a bit of dislike whenever I saw one. There were a few that I'll put an exception, but most are generally annoying af.

SternenklarenRitter

I like tsunderes when they aren't the male lead's love interest. That generally means that I dislike about 60% of them. For love interest tsunderes, I often feel like they are an adolescent boy's fantasy "she's irritable because she needs to get laid" sort of delusion, and they are very off putting. But there remain a large number of peripheral and/or male tsunderes that I have found compelling. Hubert from Tales of Graces (who uses the brilliant fighting technique of twin guns that lock into a glaive) is my personal favorite tsundere.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
you know what, i seriously think that most people (author and reader alike) are tends to misunderstood what is tsundere even means.

because to be fair, if you google the explanation about tsundere character, i don't think it explain much. and giving example of an anime would means someone had to watch whole 12 episodes of anime just to understand what is the word means. which makes this character archetype are mostly percieved as either abusive or a hated character.

to my understanding, the essence of a tsundere character is about someone who can't be honest with herself. a character who just want to love and be loved, just like any normal maiden would. but her pride getting in the way and make her reflectively hurling abuse to their significant others.

and honestly? it actually pissed me off that most author (especially from heisei era) be it a popular one or a fanfiction writer are not only failed to potray a tsundere character, but they didn't even understood it themselves what does a tsundere even means. they just following the bandwagon because of fear of missing out.
some of them just potray them as either foul mouthed character, abusive, or even as someone with a bipolar disorder. without even showing or explaining, just what is it that they wanted, or what does getting in the way.

i mean, really. there's actually far more poorly potrayed tsundere character than the proper one. which makes these tsundere archetype is almost a dead meme at this point.

MrPasserby

Tsundere is a Japanese term for a character development process that depicts a character with a personality who is initially cold, harsh, temperamental, hotheaded before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time,-Wikipedia-chan

Most of the Shoujo or Romance Highschool Novels or such had this annoying Tsunderes more importantly on some JP novels, some whacks the MC's head, Slaps, or Kicks the MC sometimes for No Reasons,

Then there's this Tsunderes on some CN Harem or Romance novels where he'll be going to make the MC dumb and ruined the whole story

Have you ever felt annoyed with one?
Always has been. I never like the idea of them ruining the story just because they're cute. Spice up with beta characters, it becomes even more terrible.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Throw a tsundere and a yandere in a room and see what the fuck happens? :D

That sounds.... I'm not sure what to think of that.