Have you ever read a story where the author's fetish was super obvious/ detrimental to the story ?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Someone once asked me if I have an armpit fetish and I was literally so flabbergasted I went and searched my both works from start to finish to check if I'd been unconsciously overusing the word or making descriptions, but it only appeared like a few times you could count on one hand for both series in over 500k words total :blob_joy:

I know it's quite irrelevant but just wanted to share. Also, people's attention is often caught on different things, thus some might not see a part of the story, even recurring, as affecting it.

And as for the topic. I guess it sometimes is visible in eastern novels. More than in OELNs. All depends. More commonly seen in comedies and I generally don't read/watch those.

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
Not a story here, but a professional work:
In the first novel of "Sword of truth", there is a part were several chapters contain of nothing but the male main character being imprisoned and tortured by a woman who is clearly descripted as a dominatrix. It was unbearable obvious fetish-crap, added absolutely nothing to the story (the sentence "Richard was tortured" delivers all important information of the entire part) and at the end the author had the audacity to try and make the torturer sympathetic by giving her a tragic backstory... after spending at least 50 pages describing her torture of the main character, which she clearly enjoyed.
Ended up dropping this book shortly afterwards.

Horizon42

I clearly have a fetish for Yanderes, but I try to make sure to balance it out so it doesn't interfere with plot development but rather becomes one with it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I really only see this in harem stories but girls love also has a lot of it
No. Because how is it obvious? What i mean is, are you SURE its the author's fetish, of the character's? I mean sure, in Highschool dxd you can make a reasonable assumption the author loves big breasts going by how many massive tiddiess we see from from women in that story.

But what about other stories? Like for example i have characters who are heavily into things like NTR, or who have an armpit fetish. Some like having onion rings eaten off their dick.

But that doesnt mean i like those things myself thats just a character trait i gave them.

Unless you design a whole host of characters with similar fetishes, body types or what-have-you, well then i dont like to assume things about the author based on what he writes. Its ridiculous to when you think about it.

Ifna fetish ruins a story thats often times just poor writing. Like that bitch lesbo from the Komi-san manga who literally kidnaps the MC in a fit of jealous rage at her first appearance and who ruins the story with every scene she is in. God DAMN i hate her....

sereminar

Not a story, but every time pixar designs a mom character it's really clear that someone's got a thing for hips and butts :sick:
1614206644154.png

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My fetish is quite obvious. I don't even try to hide it, but I don't know if it is detrimental to the story.