Help help what do I do???

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
My parents are trying to get me to talk to relatives on the phone what do I do????? I don't do phone calls in general but now I have to talk to relatives??????? Like no??? Please?????

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Awkwardly say hello

Do you speak the same language? If not, you can blame your lack of language skills for awkwardly staying silent until your parents can't stand it and release you.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
My parents are trying to get me to talk to relatives on the phone what do I do????? I don't do phone calls in general but now I have to talk to relatives??????? Like no??? Please?????
If you speak the same language you should be fine

SternenklarenRitter

Cross your arms and pout, then watch the phone fall off your shoulder when your parents place it there. You need not speak a single word.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Good lord were you not properly socialized as a child? Suck it up and quit being a baby. They're your family. They love you. Speak with them.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Run like hell. Perhaps fake death. And, if all else fails, just plunk down on the floor and roll under a bed.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
this is like the equivalent of the boy crying wolf but worse. instead of the boy pranking the village he just got everyone riled up because he felt threatened by an escaping Pekingese running wild among the sheep field.

i don't know man, if talking on the phone with your relatives is enough to send you to a panic attack it's probably good for the human race that you just succumb to it. it's literally a phone call just suck it up and put on your best telemarketing voice, it's not world-ending.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Scream out that they beat you and ask for help. I'm assuming you already told them that you didn't want to. Set boundaries up however you can then.

NitroxDarks

HAHAHAHAHA, just take the phone and remain silent. Silent until your parents raise their voice good enough so that your relatives clearly hear them themselves. Then, expect less calls; probably still some calls but no longer frequent or like not even 1 every few months.
Haaah, the art of being able to get what you want without even knowing was fine when I was a kid.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Not necessarily, I sorta agree with the suck it up sentiment, but being Family doesn't mean they love you.
At least act like it, don't be a drama queen and shut down because you have no social skills.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Ugh, relatives. I hate the phone at the best of times. But be thankful your mother isn't insisting on Skype so now you can't even get away with watching Chinese xianxia/youtube while she's wittering on about Betty, you know Betty, she has a gammy leg, and she popped in for five minutes when you were 8....