Help Wanted: Romantic Songs

Moonpearl

That Yuri Girl
I like to use music to help me get into the right mood to write a scene.

Right now I'm trying to write a soft, innocent and intimate scene between two young girlfriends. It's not sexual - just doing ordinary stuff together with a romantic atmosphere in the air.
I've hit a couple of obstacles while writing that I think I need to plan around, but I don't have enough music that fits the mood of this scene to help me. In fact, I only have one song and I can't bear to keep repeating it after three days of listening to it already.

So I need some song recommendations for the scene~!
Recommendations don't have to have lesbians as the subject matter, they just have to be romantic and non-sexual. Also preferably soft and sweet and not tragic, but if you think a song really fits despite being a little different, I won't say no.
(EDIT: English songs only this time, please.)

The song I currently have is this one (although this one sounds sad, it's actually telling a love story backwards; word of god says this isn't a break up song):

Last edited:

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
All I have are beautiful sad songs. Romantic ones, but sad nonetheless. I don't think you want those right?

Viator

Just a couple that popped in my head. I know I could post better ones but I can't think of them right now. (Isn't that always the way) I'm going to try to go back to sleep and spend the night on it.

Last edited:

Viator

Just thought of another... The original is by A.A. bondy if you want to hear another vocal.

NiQuinn

✧( ु•⌄• )⊃━☆゚*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Does this count?

Moonpearl

That Yuri Girl
All I have are beautiful sad songs. Romantic ones, but sad nonetheless. I don't think you want those right?
Probably not, but thank you~!

@Viator Thank you for putting so much thought into this~! Unfortunately, I think these songs are too melancholy for the scene.

@SilentApproval Do you know if there's an English version of it?

@crimson_carnation Ooh, thanks~! I had completely forgotten about this song. The Cascada version is a little bit too techno, but I did find this good cover version (sharing in case anyone else can use it):

@NiQuinn It's a really good song, but I think it's the wrong tone for the scene. Thank you, though~!

tiaf

The Irredeemable Artistic Fujoshi
maybe those? :blob_hide:

SilentApproval

Probably not, but thank you~!

@Viator Thank you for putting so much thought into this~! Unfortunately, I think these songs are too melancholy for the scene.

@SilentApproval Do you know if there's an English version of it?

@crimson_carnation Ooh, thanks~! I had completely forgotten about this song. The Cascada version is a little bit too techno, but I did find this good cover version (sharing in case anyone else can use it):

@NiQuinn It's a really good song, but I think it's the wrong tone for the scene. Thank you, though~!
I've tried to find an english version but I've had no luck myself.

Moonpearl

That Yuri Girl
Oh, the oldies are always good~! I'd forgotten about this one.

I think it might be just a little too romantic for this scene, but it works perfectly for the one at the end.

we just need some time together EP by Between Friends

Hybrid Minds & Fred V - Drowning In You
Probably too fast but strong lesbian vibes and nice video.

Edit:
Really good music~! Thank you.

The piano version works perfectly. There are some good songs on the EP, but I'm not 100% certain about them for this one.

Moonpearl

That Yuri Girl
some thing old?

a cover of "たしかなこと" Tashika na Koto

It's kind of nice, but maybe not quite right for this scene. I also think I prefer English songs for writing music, since the full effect of the lyrics is kind of lost on me otherwise.

Thank you, though~!

HURGMCGURG

Follower of Momus, Believer of Comus
Okay, so this is the saddest song I've ever heard, but in a way it qualifies as romance. Definitely not what you're looking for, but it does have some good emotion and writing.

This one is also a bit sadder, but it's definitely a romance song.

This one is a very cheerful romance song. I'd try this.

Last edited:

Moonpearl

That Yuri Girl
Okay, so this is the saddest song I've ever heard, but in a way it qualifies as romance. Definitely not what your looking for, but it does have some good emotion and writing.

This one is also a bit sadder, but it's definitely a romance song.

This one is a very cheerful romance song. I'd try this.
Oof, the first two really are so sad... I have a different pairing that fits the second one, too.

The third one is cute~! Thank you.