Help with CN naming system.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
To start off, I was researching Korean naming systems and came across descriptions of generational names and got even more confused about it. Segue to, I find out that it came from the Chinese. Found an illustration and just wanted to ask, do those generational names mean anything?

Paraknight

I'm not really sure but I think that those Generation Names are actually indicating that you're in the same generation in THAT specific family (If it makes sense). Though not really sure.

Silvdragon0

In Asia siblings typically have similar names. The generation name just means they're siblings

Generation names are names given to members of the family born in the same generation for example, if the elders of the family decide that all children born on the same generation has to have the character "Bai" in their name then it would be followed, so all children of that generation will have Bai in their name, like Bailing, Baisu, Baiwei so on and so forth.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Generation names are names given to members of the family born in the same generation for example, if the elders of the family decide that all children born on the same generation has to have the character "Bai" in their name then it would be followed, so all children of that generation will have Bai in their name, like Bailing, Baisu, Baiwei so on and so forth.
So there's no real set character? They don't necessarily mean something important? Like in the illustration, Yu, De, and Wen, don't really mean anything? I thought it was something set in stone. Like something they have to follow by the book per generation.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
side note, generational names are more a male thing in Korea apparently.
I read up that it was the same in Chinese families since, after all, males were the ones to inherit family stuff. Interesting to see the same in Korean cultures.

So there's no real set character? They don't necessarily mean something important? Like in the illustration, Yu, De, and Wen, don't really mean anything? I thought it was something set in stone. Like something they have to follow by the book per generation.
nothing beyond what @flucket already said :3

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
As for how generational names are chosen, I don't know.
Yeah, that's another question I've been wondering about. How do they actually choose and who gets to choose? I suppose it's the elders/head of the family.