Helping out a friend

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I have a friend @Survey on here that wants to write on here more, and be more active, but he has had difficulties. For one, he says that when he gets on the site, he tries to post comments, and they don't work. He has verified his email, so it isn't that.

He's trying to access the site on his phone, a Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna pro. When he gets on the site on PC, it works just fine for him. He thinks it might be an internet thing, but apparently Wattpad works just fine on his phone.

Anyone have a suggestion for anything that could help my friend?

Last edited:

Reisinling

Just use it on PC.

I don't even have a smartphone.
While an amusing answer, and i'm glad to hear you preaching gospel of the one true faith, using smartphone is also valid way of submiting stories. And comments.

But I'm not sure how to help link-person, as I just checked and I can comment with my phone.
I would suggest trying other browsers, to see if it's an account problem, or a site problem- try using chrome/firefox. Also try disabling addons if you have any, they might be the issue.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
While an amusing answer, and i'm glad to hear you preaching gospel of the one true faith, using smartphone is also valid way of submiting stories. And comments.

But I'm not sure how to help link-person, as I just checked and I can comment with my phone.
I would suggest trying other browsers, to see if it's an account problem, or a site problem- try using chrome/firefox. Also try disabling addons if you have any, they might be the issue.
My friend prefers using mobile as they are not around a PC as often as they have their phone. But I will forward this info to him - his internet is very slow apparently.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
My friend prefers using mobile as they are not around a PC as often as they have their phone. But I will forward this info to him - his internet is very slow apparently.
If his internet is slow and constantly loses connection, then it’s natural that comments sometimes don’t go through. Sh is also rather heavy on mobile data with all covers that have to load.

Valmond

I have a friend @Survey on here that wants to write on here more, and be more active, but he has had difficulties. For one, he says that when he gets on the site, he tries to post comments, and they don't work. He has verified his email, so it isn't that.

He's trying to access the site on his phone, a Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna pro. When he gets on the site on PC, it works just fine for him. He thinks it might be an internet thing, but apparently Wattpad works just fine on his phone.

It might be a compatibility issue, since my iPhone works just fine on the site. Even on the worst days.

Before coming to this conclusion however, tell them to try two things.

1. Reset their router.

2. Restart their phone.

Both of these usually solves the problem. Before restarting the router, first restart the phone and see what happens. If that does not work, then the router and the phone.

If neither works, you can try and get in contact with Tony and explain the situation to him.

Tony

Staff member

I'm not sure what's wrong without more details but if he PMs me, I can help him directly. It'll be easier.

Mihou

Firefly—
Do you have a discord?
Tony#6458 (grabbed from SHcord's member list), you can also opt to PMing him on Xenforo itself.
Screenshot_2021-04-11-13-03-00-83.jpg