Here they come!

Psycholor

Writing Trash
Given the apparent migration of Webnovel users to here, it might be worth the time to consider setting up certain measures in an effort to prevent some of the more undesirable aspects of their site culture from bleeding over.

For starters, I would suggest restricting the acceptable email domains for new SH accounts. At the moment, you can use seemingly any domain to verify an account, even one of those temporary 10minute mail burners.

I would also suggest time-locking new accounts from leaving reviews and perhaps comments to help blunt Webnovel troll behavior.

Lastly, Tony should consider increasing the number of moderators to help deal with the inevitable uptick in toxic and troll behavior.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
:Blob_cookie:
I am sure lots of people would love to be mods, and not abuse their powers that is

Unfortunately, like every God, Tony doesn't really know his public very well and hence doesn't trust us well, other than @Blitz and @AliceShiki
Agreed. Most of us would make shit mods (myself included! just look what happened between me and that one dickhead...)

Alice would make a good one, I think. Either way, I don't want SH and SHF to turn into fucking WN. I like it here, and would prefer to continue liking it here.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Possible words of @AliceShiki :
No way!!! I'm pretty busy with work and don't feel like it >.<
I don't think I'm active enough here to make sense for me to be a mod, but if it was just doing stuff like handling reports, moving threads around and banning bots, I could probably handle it tbh.

But I don't think Tony would be that interested in having me as a mod.

Okay, onwards to the suggestion.
For starters, I would suggest restricting the acceptable email domains for new SH accounts. At the moment, you can use seemingly any domain to verify an account, even one of those temporary 10minute mail burners.
Unnecessary. Let people use whatever e-mails they want. This is also useful for users that want to make clone accounts. There is no benefit to be gained here.
I would also suggest time-locking new accounts from leaving reviews and perhaps comments to help blunt Webnovel troll behavior.
Reviews need to be manually approved by Tony before they're publicly visible, so that's also unnecessary. Tony will handle reviews.

As for comments, authors can delete comments at will, so this is also not a problem. If someone started harassing an author via comments, then the author (or other users) may report the member, so that can also be handled with some ease.

That said, if someone started creating a buttload of clone accounts just for the sake of harassing someone as the accounts are banned after being reported, then a countermeasure might be necessary (this is why new accounts on the forums can't PM others, btw. Someone made over 50 accounts to harass users by PM, so Tony implemented the restriction), but I don't see any point in creating this kind of restriction that would bother real users if it doesn't show itself to be necessary. Let people comment normally, if new accounts start being created for harassment and for dodging bans, then bigger measures might be taken.
Lastly, Tony should consider increasing the number of moderators to help deal with the inevitable uptick in toxic and troll behavior.
That's something that would demand waiting and seeing.

Right now the forums don't have many mods, but they have been enough for the time being. If faster responses become necessary, or the mods become overworked, then more mods might be needed.

No clue about the discord as I am not a part of it though. Once again, it's something that should be done as needed. No point in having more mods than necessary in your site.

As for the main site. Tony is the one and only person that handles quite literally everything on the main site AFAIK, so... Well, unless he feels comfortable with sharing the workload, he'll probably keep on doing it by himself.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
There is no benefit to be gained here.
I mean, I can see your point in most everything else you've replied with, but here I respectfully disagree.

It takes thirty seconds to set up a new account and verify it with the present model. By restricting the acceptable email domains to an allow-list, you make it more difficult to mass produce accounts.

Most users need only one account, and those who do clone theirs or make an alt are only likely to do it one or two times; they can easily make a second gmail, or make a yahoo and a gmail.

But making several gmail accounts for the purposes of a bot farm or for troll accounts is a lot harder to do. It's an added barrier that would not terribly inconvenience most normal users but would make trolling harder.

I don't think I'm active enough here to make sense for me to be a mod, but if it was just doing stuff like handling reports, moving threads around and banning bots, I could probably handle it tbh.

But I don't think Tony would be that interested in having me as a mod.

Okay, onwards to the suggestion.

The very fact that you were able to respond so quickly and so thoroughly is why people immediately named you when the topic of additional moderation came up.

Kenjona

So for someone who dips into webnovel every so often but obviously not enough to know what is going on, what changed that more are coming over to here?