Recommendations Heyo. I'm looking for any GOOD series with a god MC

Tim_Saian

MC doesn't have to be full GOD mode like omniscient or whatever. Being immortal and powerful is okai, not talking bout vampires tho. MC could also be an aspiring god too, I would love to read such a journey. Could be a god of water or a god of war or a god of magic or a god of sex even. Just let them be a god.

Suzumiya

Tree of Aeons. :)

It's got really polarized reviews and is sometimes poorly edited, but I've been enjoying it quite well!

Oh! Ehm. What was it called? I read one a while back which still sticks in my mind as being one of the best light novels/web novels I've ever read. ... Solo Leveling?

Last edited:

LazyPanda

Very slow in the beginning but the story is very detailed with daily updates.

Tim_Saian

It's got really polarized reviews and is sometimes poorly edited, but I've been enjoying it quite well!

Oh! Ehm. What was it called? I read one a while back which still sticks in my mind as being one of the best light novels/web novels I've ever read. ... Solo Leveling?

No. I haven't bothered with solo leveling cuz it seems really hyped. Plus it sounds like wuxia; Cultured as I am I'd rather be able to pronounce and differentiate character names. I'll check out Trees of Aeons tho

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I need to put this one in a spoiler . . .
In my story, the whore gets an engagement ring that turns her into a goddess and gives her favorite lovers god powers by extension. At first, she just thinks it's "magic" because the power starts off weak, but she will become more powerful as the story progresses. She'll meet many other gods and goddesses from different cultures along the way too. Link is in my signature if you're interested 😇

Jemini

MC doesn't have to be full GOD mode like omniscient or whatever. Being immortal and powerful is okai, not talking bout vampires tho. MC could also be an aspiring god too, I would love to read such a journey. Could be a god of water or a god of war or a god of magic or a god of sex even. Just let them be a god.

It always feels really strange when someone requests something that just happens to be in a story I'm writing. Of course, I'm too biased to account for quality, but you can take a look at the showcase I put up myself.

Note, it's called "A New Hero God," and it is competing for recognition against 2 other story ideas I am working with. So, if you want to see more of this series, you're going to have to vote for it in the poll at the end.

Also, technically all 3 of them are journey-to-godhood stories, but "A New Hero God" is the only one out of the three that is explicit about it up front. Also, the journey-to-godhood is not an end in any of the stories. It's just a point along the path toward the true goal, generally related in some manner to returning to Earth upon getting the god-tier world-hopping abilities. (All 3 stories are set in a shared multiverse, and so they all have the same greater rules about how power mechanics work. This means that if a path to godhood exists in one, then it exists in all of them. And, why not have the MCs on such a path?)

I think you might be satisfied with any of the three, but if your bias is toward "A New Hero God" then so be it. I would like to request you reading all three of the stories before voting though.

TRNRLogan

No. I haven't bothered with solo leveling cuz it seems really hyped. Plus it sounds like wuxia; Cultured as I am I'd rather be able to pronounce and differentiate character names. I'll check out Trees of Aeons tho

Solo leveling is Korean not Chinese. Besides it's more battle shonen like DBZ or Naruto. Completely different plot and setting but still.

Zile

I am disappointed that I am the first to mention World Keeper here. Best example of a well-done god Mc O know

Suzumiya

That's a fair assessment of it.

The quality of it really cuts down depending on the translation. Maybe it would be best to hold off until it gets an official translation. Wouldn't want to be soured on the experience just because of some poorly translated names.

I'm glad you're checking out "Tree of Aeons" though! I posted a thread about it earlier cause I was miffed by the 1* reviews of it, but after sleeping on it a couple times I've come to understand and appreciate the reasons for those ill reviews. I still don't agree with them! But I think I can at least understand. After all, I thought "Dorohedoro" was trash! :)

AbigailWP

Producer-Rapper-Writer-Cultivator-Fellow Human
Overhyped??? Yes,,, but wuxia??? No...

Its a korean webcomic based in a world where some people awaken as a """Hunter"""... Each hunter is assigned a class according to how strong they are... Normally people can't get any stronger without supporting items,,, but our mc is granted a system that allows him to level up and ascend ranks...

The art is phenomenal and story is decent... Give it a go!!!

Tim_Saian

I am disappointed that I am the first to mention World Keeper here. Best example of a well-done god Mc O know
I tried world keeper. But it's just too...unnecessary. It's like every paragraph the MC is looking at a woman's breast. That's not what I want to read. The idea is great and I could even bear with the jarring perverseness of the MC but the execution seriously lacks imagination. In the first chapters the MC is seen creating a world. He apparently has the option to create it however he wants or he could go with presets of Fantasy world, Sci-fi world and all that crap. I'm an author myself so I can't help but cringe at how lazy the writing is.

Umm.. well, the main character in my second story is the incarnation of a god, so... it's count, right?
here's the link.

Tim_Saian

Thank you. I caught up with Tree Of Aeons about three days ago. It's fantastic. I don't know what I'll read next while I wait for the next chapter or contemplate becoming the Author's patron, but I'm not going to try Solo leveling for awhile.

Tim_Saian

Umm.. well, the main character in my second story is the incarnation of a god, so... it's count, right?
here's the link.
Oohh. And it's a female lead too. I hope she doesn't go swooning for every third leg that comes her way. I'll skim the first chapters, if I like it you'll see me in your comment section.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Well, the main character of my newest story is veering into a god. I can't really give away the story but it will lead to that direction as it progresses. She's a destructive powerhouse given the gift of a god-level power. Again, I can't give away the full extent she'll become but it might interest you.

Tim_Saian

Finally read solo levelling. I like it. Pacing is...fast but I like it. It's still a bit overrated tho and doesn't really qualify for the "God" MC set seeing as he's just strong. I'd say the thing that gave him system is a god. Anyway, thanks.

Suzumiya

Finally read solo levelling. I like it. Pacing is...fast but I like it. It's still a bit overrated tho and doesn't really qualify for the "God" MC set seeing as he's just strong. I'd say the thing that gave him system is a god. Anyway, thanks.
You bet!

I hope that the ending surprises you. :)