Holiday specials

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
So valentine's day is coming up. I'm wondering how many people did a Holiday themed chapter, or if you are doing a full extra bonus chapter.

I'm posting an extra chapter and it begins a date arc. So both in my case.

If not, do you do Holiday themed chapters, and if so, which holidays?

JayDirex

So valentine's day is coming up. I'm wondering how many people did a Holiday themed chapter, or if you are doing a full extra bonus chapter.

I'm posting an extra chapter and it begins a date arc. So both in my case.

If not, do you do Holiday themed chapters, and if so, which holidays?
i don't think westerners take Valentines as seriously as anime would portray them. That's a "greeting card" holiday meant to sell stuff. But young folk are into it. so win win.

But for most of us, on the far west hemisphere. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years would be the holidays that show in our writing.

maybe 4th of July. because of Fireworks and BBQ

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
It's kinda hard for me since both my MCs don't care about romantic feelings.

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
I was tempted to do one, but it always bugged me when I hit an obvious holiday chapter when reading. I don't mean the ones that make sense, if it feels out of place for people who find the novel at a later date, then I wouldn't.

For example: It was just mentioned that the MC had to wear sunscreen for the harsh summer heat, but a week later in the next chapter, loli santa clause shows up and gives the MC a present.

Speedwagon889

Normally I'm not a big fan of doing this kind of thing. It puts a lot of pressure on both author and reader to write/read the thing in a time-sensitive manner. Even just a week or two after, say, valentine's day and the big thing that makes that moment special is kind of lost. Unless it's something where you're going through a year and you have the opportunity to tackle the holiday's relevant to the life of the cast, then sure. Otherwise, as far as the "holiday" tomorrow...

I'm not lonely enough to do that.

WeissBlatt

I am become hiatus
Due to the nature of my job, I'm very busy during most holidays (I was lucky to find time to make this post), so doing that would be hard.
Don't leave school, kids. :blob_pat_sad:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I've done a few holiday themed chapters in the past with my supernatural time travel story but is was mainly one off short stories involving the characters. Most of which I deleted but may release as a side novel later.