Homosexual/Heterosexual Protagonist

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
There's pansexual and bisexual, so why not homosexual and heterosexual? While it can be argued that if there's no relevant tags, it's assumed that the protagonist is heterosexual by default, that doesn't apply to homosexual.

Sure, there's the GL and BL genre, but its possible that the love are between main characters that are not nessecarily the protagonist, or it has major elements but ultimately doesn't stick.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
There's pansexual and bisexual, so why not homosexual and heterosexual? While it can be argued that if there's no relevant tags, it's assumed that the protagonist is heterosexual by default, that doesn't apply to homosexual.

Sure, there's the GL and BL genre, but its possible that the love are between main characters that are not nessecarily the protagonist, or it has major elements but ultimately doesn't stick.
If there is a GL or BL romance that doesn't involve the protagonist, it should not use the BL or GL genres, it should instead use the "Shoujo-ai subplot" and "shounen-ai subplot" tags. (they were imported from NU, that's why they're like this)

And if it has major homosexual elements, but ultimately doesn't stick to them, that falls under the BL bait or GL bait things, which... Should not get the appropriate genres either.

I dunno, I feel like the tag is kinda unnecessary.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I absolutely support the idea of a heterosexual romance tag to stop making it be implied as the default. And I'm surprised homosexual romance doesn't already exist. Ace and aro tags are also definitely welcome - I always have one or another tertiary-or-above character that's one, the other, or both.