Hanne

Gods Must be Crazy.png

What to expect:
- Start poor & weak
- The world has magic, but the MC has No Magic or superpower
- 3rd POV
- Realistic progression, army building, kingdom building, logistics ❤️
- Well researched medieval town, society, way of living, nobility class
- Author is an amateur historian, so historically accurate gears, weaponry, & tactics

A few usual Q&A :
- Yes, the Protag doesn't have magical abilities, and no, he will not meet a dragon or supernatural beings that give him hidden powers. :blob_party:
- Yes, a big part of the story will be about wars, army building, and kingdom building. :blob_highfive:
- No, it's not entirely 100% historical. This is Isekai, not Time Travel Fantasy; the Protag is in a different fantasy world with its own values and culture. :blob_popcorn:

- Yes, a female squire is ahistorical, but as the story takes place in another world with elves, beastmen, and magic, I hope I don't stretch the historical sense too far by introducing them. To be clear, while they are ahistorical, there are many recorded cases of women who took up arms, from Joanna of Flanders to Tomoe Gozen. There are even women who fought like men-at-arms and died in battle.

Lastly, a bit of note : English is not my native language, and my language doesn't have tenses (yes, billions in Asia use tenseless languages). I have run all my chapters through Grammarly at least a dozen times, so I hope they are readable and coherent. :sweating_profusely:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I will take a look at it since I like kingdom building.

sanitylimited

i can't read a story where the protagonists special ability is basic addition. it just makes everyone look stupid.

it's an extremly common problem in story writing, making someone special by making everyone else terrible.

Hanne

i can't read a story where the protagonists special ability is basic addition. it just makes everyone look stupid.

it's an extremly common problem in story writing, making someone special by making everyone else terrible.

Are you familiar with history? This is taken from a discussion I had from other people with similar view:

1. Ancient and medieval people are as intelligent as we are, but they receive far less chance in education. The literary rate in ancient and medieval era is around 5 to 15%. In fact, up to 19th century the world literary rate is still abysmal.

From a historical perspective, literacy levels for the world population have risen drastically in the last couple of centuries. While only 12% of the people in the world could read and write in 1820,

Historically, while there are highly educated people who could to advanced mathematics (philosophers, great teacher of their time), but they didn’t represent the general populace.

2. While there are the professional, guild members, tax collector, clergy, who could do practical math with the help of multiplication table, or abacus, but they are naturally exempted from military duties, which is the scene depicted in the story.

3. The column that came to Bellandia is small and isn’t campaign ready. They’re driven off from their base, so without the usual officers/ nco that do the soft skill. Still, even if they are present, they’re likely unable to do mental multiplication for several reasons, such us:

One thing we know from perusal of ancient and rare extracts was that, in fact, mathematical logic was not really common.
The common scholar cannot possibly understand why multiplication was hard for the peasants who tried to learn it around the time of Alciun, but the reason is a calculation looked like this:
XX-IX/V
Roman numerals were crazy hard to work with.

I rest my case, thank you :blobthumbsup:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Are you familiar with history? This is taken from a discussion I had from other people with similar view:

1. Ancient and medieval people are as intelligent as we are, but they receive far less chance in education. The literary rate in ancient and medieval era is around 5 to 15%. In fact, up to 19th century the world literary rate is still abysmal.

Historically, while there are highly educated people who could to advanced mathematics (philosophers, great teacher of their time), but they didn’t represent the general populace.

2. While there are the professional, guild members, tax collector, clergy, who could do practical math with the help of multiplication table, or abacus, but they are naturally exempted from military duties, which is the scene depicted in the story.

3. The column that came to Bellandia is small and isn’t campaign ready. They’re driven off from their base, so without the usual officers/ nco that do the soft skill. Still, even if they are present, they’re likely unable to do mental multiplication for several reasons, such us:

I rest my case, thank you :blobthumbsup:
Make chapter 1 better plz

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
I don't have as much time to read as I used to, but I looked over your first chapter. It's pretty good except for a few parts where the sentences aren't quite right. The only real issue I noticed is that it doesn't do anything to hook someone browsing quickly enough. Adding something strange or exciting in your first few paragraphs will do wonders for reader retention in your early chapters.

I like it so far though, so I'll be reading more later once I stop procrastinating my reading list. I'll be rooting for you. :blob_paint:

Hanne

I don't have as much time to read as I used to, but I looked over your first chapter. It's pretty good except for a few parts where the sentences aren't quite right. The only real issue I noticed is that it doesn't do anything to hook someone browsing quickly enough. Adding something strange or exciting in your first few paragraphs will do wonders for reader retention in your early chapters.

I like it so far though, so I'll be reading more later once I stop procrastinating my reading list. I'll be rooting for you. :blob_paint:

thank you. I'll try to come up with something :blob_aww: