Horizon of War : The Gods Must be Crazy Isekai

Kenjona

I read this story on Royal Road. It is excellently written in my opinion. Please do keep at it.

Pixytokisaki14

Your resident fluffy police officer who loves guns
View attachment 17713

What to expect:
- Start poor & weak
- The world has magic, but the MC has No Magic or superpower
- 3rd POV
- Realistic progression, army building, kingdom building, logistics ❤️
- Well researched medieval town, society, way of living, nobility class
- Author is an amateur historian, so historically accurate gears, weaponry, & tactics

A few usual Q&A :
- Yes, the Protag doesn't have magical abilities, and no, he will not meet a dragon or supernatural beings that give him hidden powers. :blob_party:
- Yes, a big part of the story will be about wars, army building, and kingdom building. :blob_highfive:
- No, it's not entirely 100% historical. This is Isekai, not Time Travel Fantasy; the Protag is in a different fantasy world with its own values and culture. :blob_popcorn:

- Yes, a female squire is ahistorical, but as the story takes place in another world with elves, beastmen, and magic, I hope I don't stretch the historical sense too far by introducing them. To be clear, while they are ahistorical, there are many recorded cases of women who took up arms, from Joanna of Flanders to Tomoe Gozen. There are even women who fought like men-at-arms and died in battle.

Lastly, a bit of note : English is not my native language, and my language doesn't have tenses (yes, billions in Asia use tenseless languages). I have run all my chapters through Grammarly at least a dozen times, so I hope they are readable and coherent. :sweating_profusely:
I'll go take a gander. I like historical accurate stories with accurate tactics used during the time.

Hanne

MILSE.png

Book I - Stub 12th April :blob_highfive:

Please ignore the 5k follows, it's for the other site :sweat_smile:

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer
When can this daoist expect to see Heavily Armored Duck Riders? 🍵🫖

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
Are you familiar with history? This is taken from a discussion I had from other people with similar view:

1. Ancient and medieval people are as intelligent as we are, but they receive far less chance in education. The literary rate in ancient and medieval era is around 5 to 15%. In fact, up to 19th century the world literary rate is still abysmal.

Historically, while there are highly educated people who could to advanced mathematics (philosophers, great teacher of their time), but they didn’t represent the general populace.

I rest my case, thank you :blobthumbsup:
:blob_hide:Literacy rate was way higher, like seventy percent or more. It's reported lower because at the time frenchmen were nobles and only regarded those who could read French as literate. Most people could not read French, but they were taught to read their native language.

And no, presents were not unwashed masses of uneducated idiots who could not find their way out of a box. Most had to be farmers, and carpenters, and know how to repair their own tools, etc. they knew that hygiene was good for them and they knew that if they didn't bathe relatively regularly that they can get sick.

When throwing magic into the ring things can get different very fast, but I doubt that would have effected necessary skills much.