How about splitting webpage for adult stories?

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I know that this site is not mean for child, and the most of people here are mostlikely adults or teenager at most.

But I think it could have been better if the site could try to split the stories, like, say SYOSETSU, where normal stories and adult stories are split and not on the same page. Especially when I spot adult stories at Homepage, it's just... y'know?

Well, I know that this site is still relatively young, and not very big, like, say Whattap or Webtoon or even Royal Road. But considering the future I think the site might need to considering it at one point. ( to avoid some possible lawyer ambush )

At the very least please consider giving some alert, like NOCTURNE alert.

While I know that the most would just simply ignoring it, pretending they didn't see the warning. But hey, at least we tried to warn them of what awaits down the road. Wether they pay it any heed or not is up to them. It's their journey of life, their adventure, after all (LOL).

Anyway, that's just my suggestion.

Please tell me what do you think about it?

D

Deleted member 52055

and yet this request thread is akin to voluntarily asking to suppress freedom of expression and choice from Scribblehub.
Okay, Ai-chan. I don't believe it's suppressing anything, but I do believe you re giving your honest opinion and I'm thankful for that. Sorry to busy you, Ai-chan

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
See, I think you are right. Many "smut" stories, basically use it as bait and switch, have a few sex scenes in the first chapters, and then move to the plot.

But, while it's very effective to some people, there are many people that are completly turned off by the advertising and the tags and won't give the story a chance.
Kinda hit and miss tactic, huh?
I agree with hyper to be honest. There should be some separation, there's lack of a better word, between the adult content of the site and the 'child appropriate' things, you know? I'm relatively new to the sight and my opinion is based off what I've heard others say and what I've seen on the homepage, so none of my what I saw is coming off me actually seeing anything inappropriate during my time here (other than a few series i've seen around on the homepage)

This is what i see when i picture "split the homepage" > . "Trending 18" . "Latest 18" View attachment 7193
Or rather something like this >

View attachment 7194
Idk, some separation would be nice, but I don't want it to be too separated so other's writing the +18 ver. don't get their fair publicity. All authors are authors, and they deserve their fair share when it comes to publicity. That is my opinion.
Let me know what you guys think, and if we're on the same page here
And to solve the stories that aren't revolved around+18 content, but have a couple chapters of "+18" content, then provide this as a pop-up before you read the chapter.
View attachment 7196
And for filtering comments and such >

View attachment 7197
I'm heading to sleep, goodnight
Ohh, sort by genre are kind of neat.😃
Ai-chan doesn't think it's the site's place to police what people want to read. Freedom of choice is the only freedom a person truly has. Are we China?

The OP said that Nocturn exist. Yes, nocturne exist. And you know what's on nocturne? Pure smut. By nocturne's standards, if Ai-chan has two chapters of explicit sex, Ai-chan should post it on nocturne. But what about the other 50 chapters without explicit sex? You probably think this isn't a problem, but this is a problem. Nobody goes to nocturne. The same will happen to www.smuthub.com.

We should spend less time and effort in trying to police what people read and spend more time on actually writing stories or providing an enjoyable writing/reading experience. We should become a non-judgemental website instead of an authoritarian website that decides what people should read and what people should not. If you're a human, you should be responsible for your own actions instead of asking the site to be responsible for you. If not, what's the point of having human rights? Might as well just throw away your own human rights and ask someone else to think for you.
Woah, I kinda expected some disagrement, but woah, I didn't expect someone would clash me like that.

But It's nice to occasionally to see someone with different viewpoint😀
Sorry, Ai-chan didn't read your comment. Ai-chan was reacting solely on the OP's post because Ai-chan was in a hurry.

Thanks for your input, but Ai-chan is of the opinion that this feature is not necessary and may even be harmful to the site itself. Things may change in the future, when Scribblehub has grown so big that branching out would be necessary, but at this point, it's nothing more than censorship. There are people in the world who are fighting for freedom of expression and choice, and yet this request thread is akin to voluntarily asking to suppress freedom of expression and choice from Scribblehub.
Mmm.... that's actually kind of makes sense. Given the current circumtances.

D

Deleted member 45782

I don't think this is suppressing freedom of speech to the equivalent point of throwing away human rights...

Doubt its policing others when some readers and writers themselves actually would like to see those separate categories...

I can understand why some kind of want to not see smut or r18 stories all the time. But can also see why some writers, especially those writing adult/r18 stuff would be concerned with how the stories are showed up, because then they feel they would be left out.

Idk how it works and gets Implemented (besides the filtering, which sometimes feels like it doesn't always filter out those stories very well, even though everyone always recommend it...but thats a different story) cause its kinda hard to restrict when there are always ways to bypass.

Issue is just complex.

Let's just say ScrubbleHub isn't exactly all ages friendly site...Looking at its trending home page from time to time..Just feels like I would be a bit more hesitant to pull it up to write on while sitting in a public place or around others. Ofc, that is personal opinion, so its probably different from how others feel.

Last edited by a moderator: