How arrogant were you when you first came here

Agentt

Thighs
How did you not cringe whilst proofreading?
I’ll write, proofread and think it’s kinda cringe, and then when I post it I immediately want to delete my entire book and pretend it never happened

I did cringe, a lot. So much that this particular book only lasted 5 chapters before I was forced to delete it because if cringe, it was seriously so boring, with nothing going on at all~

Wintertime

King of Nothing
I've been doing fine so far. I was just writing as a hobby, so I didn't care at the time. I still don't, so maybe that's why it's going so well.

ZombieHat

Well, on August 2019, I saw a dream, and that was such an amazing one, I wanted to write it. So, I wrote about it on word and when it was completed, I posted it here chapter by chapter.
I was so arrogant that I didn't even write a synopsis. I just wrote that it is written by me and that it's not for kids. And, well. I was really expecting people to get intimidated by my confidence like they show in movies. The dream of making millions was almost within my reach, till I decided one day to read my work and got cringed so hard I deleted the hell out of it. I still want to write it but romance is more difficult than I thought.
And, well, please tell me I am not alone...
After self publishing and trying to push out my books on my own, my ego was already destroyed. So not much arrogance when joining here. I know that I can write well so I just try and keep pushing on an try to get as many people as I can to read my works and just keep trying to improve the craft. That's about all I can do.

D

Deleted member 70892

You will get good eventually... even though you are not special amongst a bunch of writers.

Jayrayme6

I put my heart and soul into writing the first arc of my novel and improving it by deepening the worldbuilding and changing the ending. However, I know that my writing style sucks despite having creative ideas. Rewriting the whole first arc to change the style would be a huge time investment which would be longer than writing a new book from scratch with an improved writing style. Especially because English isn't my native language.

I'm just starting to learn how to do worldbuilding which improved the subjective view of my original work (In french) from 5 to 7 so I could say that I'm improving and that the second arc of my book(maybe the final) would be way better. I'm still looking to write new stories inside the same universe, but I hope that they'll be better, in regards mostly to style but also pacing and characterization.

So no, I've never really considered myself arrogant, learning is a never-ending process and rugged is the path to mastery.

zechamp

True arrogance is being able to outright dismiss any perceived failings. Here are some examples responses to train into your brain.
My story has gained few readers? I didn't want them anyways, I was not aiming for popularity with this fic.
Bad reviews? They said little of substance, proving that my story was just not for them personally.
Criticisms about bad writing? They just don't understand my high IQ style.
Backlash on character or plot details? The readers clearly only skimmed through my writing, misinterpreting things badly.

Once you have ingrained this method into your soul, you will reach true arrogance.

Hence

Well, on August 2019, I saw a dream, and that was such an amazing one, I wanted to write it. So, I wrote about it on word and when it was completed, I posted it here chapter by chapter.
I was so arrogant that I didn't even write a synopsis. I just wrote that it is written by me and that it's not for kids. And, well. I was really expecting people to get intimidated by my confidence like they show in movies. The dream of making millions was almost within my reach, till I decided one day to read my work and got cringed so hard I deleted the hell out of it. I still want to write it but romance is more difficult than I thought.
And, well, please tell me I am not alone...
August 2019
Damnnnnn, how did you remember that shit??

You should have deleted it a long time ago....
If it were me... I may have died in cringeness whenever i recall that kind if event

Agentt

Thighs
Damnnnnn, how did you remember that shit??

You should have deleted it a long time ago....
If it were me... I may have died in cringeness whenever i recall that kind if event
I used to read trash at the time and thought my work was gold...