How arrogant were you when you first came here

DJWilde

Well, on August 2019, I saw a dream, and that was such an amazing one, I wanted to write it. So, I wrote about it on word and when it was completed, I posted it here chapter by chapter.
I was so arrogant that I didn't even write a synopsis. I just wrote that it is written by me and that it's not for kids. And, well. I was really expecting people to get intimidated by my confidence like they show in movies. The dream of making millions was almost within my reach, till I decided one day to read my work and got cringed so hard I deleted the hell out of it. I still want to write it but romance is more difficult than I thought.
And, well, please tell me I am not alone...
You are not alone and I don't think it was necessarily arrogance, well maybe a little. Entering the public domains comes with a variance of pitfalls to learn and manage. You just found one of them and now you know better. It's easy to think ourselves bigger than we really are. It's a tough lesson to learn for sure. But once you do, you get to find the next challenge and tackle that! Great huh? ;)

Agentt

Thighs
You are not alone and I don't think it was necessarily arrogance, well maybe a little. Entering the public domains comes with a variance of pitfalls to learn and manage. You just found one of them and now you know better. It's easy to think ourselves bigger than we really are. It's a tough lesson to learn for sure. But once you do, you get to find the next challenge and tackle that! Great huh? ;)
A bit embarrassing to receive this from a new member, but thanks. I am doing just that.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
I had a dream about being a shapeshifting animal that terrorized humans but got nicer and they took me in as a pet. then they had a kid and we played together(we became lifelong friends & I went to his funeral.). later some inspectors came the humans told me to shapeshift into a spider and hide under the bed,the health inspector left. I got a mate/wife(our species relies on males to raise children) and raised my brood/kids. I disappointed my family by not coming to a big event they were mad I did my best to make it better but it didn't work. an alien invasion happened later on and a a flying saucer killed me. two of my(daughter & son) kids joined the army to fight against the aliens taking the fight to the portal from where they came from. my daughter spent time in asia and a rich stalker of hers chose to undermine humanity by attempting to take over all of asia while they were weak because of the war. he tried to make her love him by saying it will all be ours (or whatever). she didn't like him so she killed him and went on the run...

woke up before more happened. I decided to write a book about it changed a lot of stuff trying to get back to roots. book sucks for now...

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I had a dream about being a shapeshifting animal that terrorized humans but got nicer and they took me in as a pet. then they had a kid and we played together(we became lifelong friends & I went to his funeral.). later some inspectors came the humans told me to shapeshift into a spider and hide under the bed,the health inspector left. I got a mate/wife(our species relies on males to raise children) and raised my brood/kids. I disappointed my family by not coming to a big event they were mad I did my best to make it better but it didn't work. an alien invasion happened later on and a a flying saucer killed me. two of my(daughter & son) kids joined the army to fight against the aliens taking the fight to the portal from where they came from. my daughter spent time in asia and a rich stalker of hers chose to undermine humanity by attempting to take over all of asia while they were weak because of the war. he tried to make her love him by saying it will all be ours (or whatever). she didn't like him so she killed him and went on the run...

woke up before more happened. I decided to write a book about it changed a lot of stuff trying to get back to roots. book sucks for now...
Another Mugen fan. Awesome.

AncestralIdiot

Well, on August 2019, I saw a dream, and that was such an amazing one, I wanted to write it. So, I wrote about it on word and when it was completed, I posted it here chapter by chapter.
I was so arrogant that I didn't even write a synopsis. I just wrote that it is written by me and that it's not for kids. And, well. I was really expecting people to get intimidated by my confidence like they show in movies. The dream of making millions was almost within my reach, till I decided one day to read my work and got cringed so hard I deleted the hell out of it. I still want to write it but romance is more difficult than I thought.
And, well, please tell me I am not alone...
Well, I wasn't. I had this impression that most writers are readers, so they're probably 'kind of' introverted and reserved like I am. But instead of arrogance, I was a little greedy.

I had the same experience, deleting a work. I realized I was not good enough and that it didn't suit here in ScribbleHub (you know, most novels here are fantasy).

But as for the cringe... you're not alone.

I am glad I didn't upload those old novels of mine.

D

Deleted member 53101

I'm what you may call the Prince of Humbleness. I don't brag or swag my story, shamelessly plug it somewhere else, or anything similar with that.

If you're interested with the shitory I put on this site, then go on and read it. If not, or you've read it and found out that my shitory isn't worth your time, then please turn away. And it is best if you leave some bitter comment before you leave, I always appreciate it. Although, I'll delete the comment soon after, LOL. Why's that even work on this site, I wonder?

It is as simple as that.

But seriously. Yeah, I'm kinda arrogant when I joined ..., thinking, 'Oh be damned, I write such a masterpiece. I don't know that I'm such a writing genius. I think I can make a living with just this!'

It got carried on and then; Oh damn, somehow or another I found out that there're a lot of better shits, I mean, stories in this site compared with mine. And yeah, I learned something. And that is, don't get carried away and be arrogant.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I know my limitations and level of writing—I wouldn’t say I was arrogant when I completed my first story—but I was proud. And looking back on it now, I can see the cringeworthy moments and wish I could go back and retroactively change the gears in my head to not write it that way.
And so I’ve slowly begun editing and hating my life while doing so. The experience has been very humbling and I regret putting it out on Amazon. Hah.
My recent works have been more of writing practice and exercises.

xluferx

Not arrogant but sometimes annoyed that extremely blatant mediocre stories have more popularity than others, I mean chinese novel level of mediocrity but seems that is no longer the case thankfully

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Uhh... I put a vent on my sysnosip, asking who the hell took my wanted username
Damn

morhamza

Well, I'm three chapters into my story and have like 200 views. I feel like the king of the world.

I think my experiences in life have taught me how to manage expectations. We all dream of success, but very few ever become successful.
Right now I'm writing just to build a small audience. My goal, for now, is to post updates to my story consistently. As long as it's even just a bit better than some of the Chinese novels I read on Nu (Martial God Asura, I'm talking of you), then I'm good.

So I have gone around asking for feedback in the forums. I spend a lot of time reading and editing the stories before I put them up. Once it's up I read it once looking for errors, then I edit and done. I never revisit it again. Perhaps when I get to the end of the journey I may reread the whole story and cringe too.

For now I'm just glad people are even reading my story.