How do girls give hints when they have a crush on a certain friend?

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
So, I think I come out as insensitive, but I wanna know, how do girls give hints when they have a crush on a certain friend? I don't really have too much female friends, and asking those female friends makes it a bit awkward... Any tips? And yes, this is for my novel.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Listen buddy, there are a few signs. Things like they are always glancing at their crush, or listen to what they say more attentively than with others.

But I just straight out ask, "you wanna fuck Brian, dont you?" Cuz I ain't about that vague nonsense.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Disclaimer: I am a male.

They make themselves available. As in they somehow end up around you, looking open for a conversation. Perhaps noticing something you are doing and using that as an icebreaker. Or if you are planning on heading somewhere or doing something she ends up suddenly available and has nothing to do in that exact time frame.

And physical contact. touching arms, elbows. Asking to check your biceps. Shoulder leans. etc.

More prone to laugh at your corny jokes, more prone to keep the conversation going. More engaged in the conversation with you.

That's i think the most common stuff, at least what I tend to pick up.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Uhn... I have never been one to give hints much tbh... Most that I did was to like... Test the waters a bit, I guess? Be a bit closer than normal, pay a bit more attention to that person when talking in groups, try to talk to them more than others whenever I have the chance, try being a bit kinder to that person, try spending extra time with that person if I have the opportunity (something as simple as accompanying them to a bus stop if I have the free time available for it, for example), talk a bit about relationships in general, maybe casually talk a bit about thinking of entering a relationship or maybe liking someone... I basically try seeing the reactions of the person I like a bit.

... Mainly to see how hard I need to prepare myself for a rejection when I confess to them, because I expect a rejection by default... But testing the waters a bit helps me know if I can be a bit hopeful, or if I should just confess to get those feelings off my chest when I know I have no chance.

Sylverius

Listen buddy, there are a few signs. Things like they are always glancing at their crush, or listen to what they say more attentively than with others.

But I just straight out ask, "you wanna fuck Brian, dont you?" Cuz I ain't about that vague nonsense.
*Sees NTR Deity as flair*
I see. Still, at least I have some information now.

They make themselves available. As in they somehow end up around you, looking open for a conversation. Perhaps noticing something you are doing and using that as an icebreaker. Or if you are planning on heading somewhere or doing something she ends up suddenly available and has nothing to do in that exact time frame.

And physical contact. touching arms, elbows. Asking to check your biceps. Shoulder leans. etc.

More prone to laugh at your corny jokes, more prone to keep the conversation going. More engaged in the conversation with you.

Hmm... Okay, noted.
Uhn... I have never been one to give hints much tbh... Most that I did was to like... Test the waters a bit, I guess? Be a bit closer than normal, pay a bit more attention to that person when talking in groups, try to talk to them more than others whenever I have the chance, try being a bit kinder to that person, try spending extra time with that person if I have the opportunity (something as simple as accompanying them to a bus stop if I have the free time available for it, for example), talk a bit about relationships in general, maybe casually talk a bit about thinking of entering a relationship or maybe liking someone... I basically try seeing the reactions of the person I like a bit.

... Mainly to see how hard I need to prepare myself for a rejection when I confess to them, because I expect a rejection by default... But testing the waters a bit helps me know if I can be a bit hopeful, or if I should just confess to get those feelings off my chest when I know I have no chance.
Hmm... Okay, thank you. Your information helps out a ton since that was what I was also thinking if I was a girl. Thanks for the information/confirmation.

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures
For me its always about testing prospective partners for our compatibility. While I may not care that [insert friend 1] only hangs out with me for board game night, I obviously want my chosen one to be involved in Far more aspects of my life.

So I’ll invite them over to watch movies I like, I’ll cook (or order) my favorite foods and get them to try them, show them art I’ve done, ask about /their/ creative projects.

They don’t have to like everything I like obviously, but if they hate the food, they are disinterested in art, and only like horror movies... we’re not going to get along “Long term”. Which is a good sign for me to give up on them and move on to someone who may have better compatibility with me.

_oinkchan

There are no hints, they only create misunderstandings n then friend zone you but if she is staring at your lips then you can take it as a hint to kiss.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So, I think I come out as insensitive, but I wanna know, how do girls give hints when they have a crush on a certain friend? I don't really have too much female friends, and asking those female friends makes it a bit awkward... Any tips? And yes, this is for my novel.
It's not really a hint. It's just instinctive. When you want to get closer to someone, you find every excuse to get closer to that person. There is no hinting about crushes. Girls in general do not wink, or stare or 'look passionately' at someone. It just happens.

You see, attraction and relationship is a battlefield. Why does Ai-chan call it a battlefield? Consider the following scenario.

1) The Kingdom of Sara and the Kingdom of Susan has always been good friends, but one day, Sara feels that they can be even closer. Queen Sara is sexually attracted to Queen Susan, but Queen Sara doesn't know how Queen Susan feels about her and is afraid that if she propose that they commit to a no-holes-barred alliance, Queen Susan will freak out and cut ties with her. So what does she do?

Queen Sara then signs a trade treaty with Queen Susan, and with that, learns how much Queen Susan is open to the idea of mutual cooperation. Another year, they sign a defensive treaty, where they cover each other's asses with their hands and stare longingly at each other when nobody's looking. You see, for you to know the signals, you must put your foot forward and meet them halfway. If Queen Sara did not put forward that trade treaty, maybe Queen Susan, the shy girl she is, wouldn't suggest it either. As a result, neither know of each other's feelings.

Of course, at some point Bitch Queen Marisa would try to get in the way and put forward a more favourable trade treaty to lure Queen Susan away. But as long as Queen Sara puts in the effort to keep Queen Susan close, and treats her well, there is not much chance that Bitch Queen Marisa can succeed. And the rest is history.

All you need to know is that there is no 'special hint' for a relationship. You need to meet the other party halfway. Both of you needs to make an effort to take a step forward towards each other.

JayDirex

Shit...

you'll know when you see her looking all googly eyed at someone else. In a way she never looked at you. It's like a punch in the gut how quick girls act out of character when they like someone.

how they BREAK the rules for him, that they laid out for you.
:blob_sir:

LordAstrea

Catgirl Addict
"I-it's not as if I like you or anything, b-baka!"
Oh, this is for writing research? I was busy and dense in high school, but apparently if you conveniently end up sitting next to said person frequently then that is a sign.

undeadflowerboy

Oh, this is for writing research? I was busy and dense in high school, but apparently if you conveniently end up sitting next to said person frequently then that is a sign.
lol same, well i don't know about signs and hint of someone liking you, but I do know signs and hints of someone not liking you if you're interested in that lol.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
From personal experiences, here I go...
  • • Girls tend to stare at someone they like, vice-versa.
  • • They're shy on their crushes.
  • • Girls doesn't show a hint obviously. Either way, she is doing something unnatural like twirling her thumbs or hiding both hands behind her back. (doesn't mean 100% that they like you! They may just be shy and are doing that.)
  • • Girls like talking to you.
  • • Girls like talking about you in their conversation.
  • • They laugh at your every joke—even if all of those are lame and corny.
  • • They don't show you their bad side to not get on your bad side.
  • • Sometimes, girls have a crush on someone but don't take aggressive action like confessing or talking to them. They prefer to wait, even though they know that'll only waste time. (they need a little push!)
  • • They'd aggressively cross arms with you, or embrace you!
  • • They will show you their room.
  • • They start thinking about fashion and dressing beautifully.

...To be continued.

Last edited:

Szaku

i absolutely detest that nobody taught me this when i was young.

like i know and have learned all this, now, way after it was applicable. but remembering back to just how actually "popular" i really was is a very sore point in my life..

not to mention the several "very" bold girls who walked up to me and outright asked, advertised, or in one case sat on my lap and kissed me.. and i just stood there like a fucking lump not knowing how to respond at all.

when i think of all the garbage my parents taught me instead, i get a severe case of 'the bitteregretz' 😒😤

D

Deleted member 45782

No so subtle glances at their crush.
Being awkward when their crush is around.
Not a crazy over the top level like Ladybug, subtle. Subtle. Ofc there's always some that aren't so subtle about their crush.

Thu a lot may not tell you how their crush will be, and not much hint is shown. Sometimes like others said, its just instinct. You sorta got a very vague feeling that someone likes you.

Internally they may ponder a lot about if they mess up or did something embarrassing in front of their crush. Maybe ponder or not for long time whether they'll fix their appearance, even if they don't dress up in the end, they may worry if they did or didn't do enough look good to catch their crush. Maybe vaguely mention how they are crushing on someone online on whatever platform they frequent on, just vaguely enough no hinting names or such. Or smile at their crush a bit (probably fit in subtle glances). Daydream about crush perhaps? Idk.

If they try to keep it hush hush, probably not really showing what their true feelings are.

not to mention the several "very" bold girls who walked up to me and outright asked, advertised, or in one case sat on my lap and kissed me.. and i just stood there like a fucking lump not knowing how to respond at all.
Seems too invasive they are. :/

Sylverius

It's not really a hint. It's just instinctive. When you want to get closer to someone, you find every excuse to get closer to that person. There is no hinting about crushes. Girls in general do not wink, or stare or 'look passionately' at someone. It just happens.

You see, attraction and relationship is a battlefield. Why does Ai-chan call it a battlefield? Consider the following scenario.

1) The Kingdom of Sara and the Kingdom of Susan has always been good friends, but one day, Sara feels that they can be even closer. Queen Sara is sexually attracted to Queen Susan, but Queen Sara doesn't know how Queen Susan feels about her and is afraid that if she propose that they commit to a no-holes-barred alliance, Queen Susan will freak out and cut ties with her. So what does she do?

Queen Sara then signs a trade treaty with Queen Susan, and with that, learns how much Queen Susan is open to the idea of mutual cooperation. Another year, they sign a defensive treaty, where they cover each other's asses with their hands and stare longingly at each other when nobody's looking. You see, for you to know the signals, you must put your foot forward and meet them halfway. If Queen Sara did not put forward that trade treaty, maybe Queen Susan, the shy girl she is, wouldn't suggest it either. As a result, neither know of each other's feelings.

Of course, at some point Bitch Queen Marisa would try to get in the way and put forward a more favourable trade treaty to lure Queen Susan away. But as long as Queen Sara puts in the effort to keep Queen Susan close, and treats her well, there is not much chance that Bitch Queen Marisa can succeed. And the rest is history.

All you need to know is that there is no 'special hint' for a relationship. You need to meet the other party halfway. Both of you needs to make an effort to take a step forward towards each other.
Alright, good scenario. Because of Ai-chan's scenario, I've thought up of a new scenario that might be very good, thanks!
They put on make up or dress up instead of looking like a goofer.
But... All the girls around me don't do that... *SUDDEN REALIZATION THAT NO ONE LIKES ME* *CRYING INTENSIFIES*
how they BREAK the rules for him, that they laid out for you.
Now this just added up the scene I thought of, thanks mate!
From personal experiences, here I go...
  • • Girls tend to stare at someone they like, vice-versa.
  • • They're shy on their crushes.
  • • Girls doesn't show a hint obviously. Either way, she is doing something unnatural like twirling her thumbs or hiding both hands behind her back. (doesn't mean 100% that they like you! They may just be shy and are doing that.)
  • • Girls like talking to you.
  • • Girls like talking about you in their conversation.
  • • They laugh at your every joke—even if all of those are lame and corny.
  • • They don't show you their bad side to not get on your bad side.
  • • Sometimes, girls have a crush on someone but don't take aggressive action like confessing or talking to them. They prefer to wait, even though they know that'll only waste time. (they need a little push!)
  • • They'd aggressively cross arms with you, or embrace you!
  • • They will show you their room.
  • • They start thinking about fashion and dressing beautifully.

...To be continued.
Hmm... Okay, I've thought up of another scenario with this one.
i absolutely detest that nobody taught me this when i was young.

like i know and have learned all this, now, way after it was applicable. but remembering back to just how actually "popular" i really was is a very sore point in my life..

when i think of all the garbage my parents taught me instead, i get a severe case of 'the bitteregretz' 😒😤
Mate, you're a lucky guy. Pat yourself on the back, if you're like that when you were young, then think if you become an adult, it'll be quite easy for you to have another relationship. If I may quote from my novel, "Learn from the past but never look back", it basically means it's okay to fuck up. Just don't do it again.
No so subtle glances at their crush.
Being awkward when their crush is around.
Not a crazy over the top level like Ladybug, subtle. Subtle. Ofc there's always some that aren't so subtle about their crush.

Thu a lot may not tell you how their crush will be, and not much hint is shown. Sometimes like others said, its just instinct. You sorta got a very vague feeling that someone likes you.

Internally they may ponder a lot about if they mess up or did something embarrassing in front of their crush. Maybe ponder or not for long time whether they'll fix their appearance, even if they don't dress up in the end, they may worry if they did or didn't do enough look good to catch their crush. Maybe vaguely mention how they are crushing on someone online on whatever platform they frequent on, just vaguely enough no hinting names or such. Or smile at their crush a bit (probably fit in subtle glances). Daydream about crush perhaps? Idk.

If they try to keep it hush hush, probably not really showing what their true feelings are.
Hmm... Okay, I'll note this one just in case.
Seems too invasive they are. :/
Well, they were young so I can guess that they didn't really know that much. But, if they were teens, then yes. They are invasive.

Thanks for the tips guys!
Oh ho... Someone being tortured like me, ey? Good luck on the defense there mate!

D

Deleted member 45782

But... All the girls around me don't do that... *SUDDEN REALIZATION THAT NO ONE LIKES ME* *CRYING INTENSIFIES*
Don't worry. There will always be someone out there. Maybe there's even someone silently crushing on you and you don't even know it. As what happens with people silently crushing on people.
Thanks for the tips guys!
Good luck on your story writing!