How do I determine if my novel is good or bad?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I would also like to add that "needs improvement" applies to literally every work ever written, even the ones you think are good and are best sellers.
There is no good or bad, only needs improvement.

yurinium

There's no clear determining factor IMO, the feedback you get from the readers are the best indicator since it's the one you need the most to improve your work.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Turn the chapters into MP3s. Google doc to MP3, you only need word to use the service, and plenty of sites offer it for free. Then listen to the chapters. Do you like what you hear? Do you get that warm feeling in your stomach that you get when you read a good novel? Does the book wake feelings in you? Then it is a good book. If not, well, you have your answer. No one can tell you if your book is good or bad. You wrote it with your own memories in mind, your own experiences. Only you can judge it, more than that, only you have the right to judge it.

D-839

Hey everyone, I really appreciate your takes and perspectives regarding my question. It's really easy to tell how helpful and friendly a community is as a whole when you just look at what the members write generally! And yes, I do get feedback from some viewers that have been really helpful, but maybe it's by one comment that was harsh enough to deflate my ego hahaha, thanks once again~