How do one shots get so many views

Agentt

Thighs
I have seen that all the one shots on this site have on a average about 500 views. And soooooo.........how? Like they post one chapter.

LotsChrono

I have seen that all the one shots on this site have on a average about 500 views. And soooooo.........how? Like they post one chapter.
  • New novels section.
  • Recently updated section.
  • Followers of the author, from other works of theirs, also reading the one shot.
  • Some advertising. (Some authors may post an author's note on a series of theirs with views already, pointing to the one-shot.)
  • Luck.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Because they are short, and therefore a near-effortless read. Seeing as the average reader is a lazy twat who has to be coaxed in some way even if indirectly, one-shots being what they are, will attract heavy interest.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Because they are short, and therefore a near-effortless read. Seeing as the average reader is a lazy twat who has to be coaxed in some way even if indirectly, one-shots being what they are, will attract heavy interest.
So ruthless!

• Haha
Reactions: CL

Discount_Blade

So ruthless!
Everyone wants to pretend they are polite. They want to play nice and be popular. I just tell the truth and skip all the pleasantries. Those who get the angriest at me, aren't mad because of what I said, but because they lack the ability to do the same and NOT care how they are perceived by their colleagues/fellow writers. They are upset that they can't do the same.

Most "morals" people pretend to live by, brag about, or use to justify their actions when they are trying to scold people like me, they are used quite often as a disguise for their own jealousy/envy.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Everyone wants to pretend they are polite. They want to play nice and be popular. I just tell the truth and skip all the pleasantries. Those who get the angriest at me, aren't mad because of what I said, but because they lack the ability to do the same and NOT care how they are perceived by their colleagues/fellow writers. They are upset that they can't do the same.

Most "morals" people pretend to live by, brag about, or use to justify their actions when they are trying to scold people like me, they are used quite often as a disguise for their own jealousy/envy.
(OwO)

CL

Don't forget that this is conditional. I would behave as a totally different kind of human being when in the physical presence of another. But, here? You and me having a conversation in the virtual world? I'm in front of a screen with not a single pair of eyes to stare deep into mine. No soul sharing. You and I don't even know what color our eyes are and let's leave alone what kind of person I might truly be or, for this matter, you. We're safe from judgement. We all are securely tucked away in this comfy corner of our seats and enjoying this haven of anonymity towards fitting whatever role our situations demand. Just like changing our attitudes when we go into work. This and that makes who we are conditional.

A completed oneshot doesn't offer promises that can be broken. Oneshots are a done deal; completed. That alone will buy you your audience. :blob_popcorn:

Discount_Blade

Don't forget that this is conditional. I would behave as a totally different kind of human being when in the physical presence of another. But, here? You and me having a conversation in the virtual world? I'm in front of a screen with not a single pair of eyes to stare deep into mine. No soul sharing. You and I don't even know what color our eyes are and let's leave alone what kind of person I might truly be or, for this matter, you. We're safe from judgement. We all are securely tucked away in this comfy corner of our seats and enjoying this haven of anonymity towards fitting whatever role our situations demand. Just like changing our attitudes when we go into work. This and that makes who we are conditional.

A completed oneshot doesn't offer promises that can be broken. Oneshots are a done deal; completed. That alone will buy you your audience. :blob_popcorn:
Normally this is true, except this is me in public as well. It's one of the prime reasons I can't work in the service industry. I'm not a people person. I was fired from two different cashier-based jobs as a teenager because "the customer is always right" wasn't true for me.

My online persona is actually the one that is a lesser, more quiet version of my self because of the very fact that you said, this is virtual and there is no satisfaction of a physical presence. Though, calling it a persona leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Doesn't sound genuine.

Reactions: CL

Agentt

Thighs

Normally this is true, except this is me in public as well. It's one of the prime reasons I can't work in the service industry. I'm not a people person. I was fired from two different cashier-based jobs as a teenager because "the customer is always right" wasn't true for me.

My online persona is actually the one that is a lesser, more quiet version of my self because of the very fact that you said, this is virtual and there is no satisfaction of a physical presence. Though, calling it a persona leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Doesn't sound genuine.
This thing is one month old, why are you still commenting?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
the good part is that they're completed, and get 500 views from the get go

the bad part is that they rarely extend beyond that. my biggest short story has only 671+ views. if you're writing gender bender or gl, the best I've seen is 1k

CL

This thing is one month old, why are you still commenting?
Because I just started. There's no "still" until now with this response right here. :blobrofl: