How do some other authors update multiple novels so often?

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
How the hell do authors update multiple books in a week? Do they have tons of stuff prepared for their books or just write everything on the spot? I honestly don’t know if they don’t have other stuff to do in their lives, they’re just built different or I’m just lazy.

Mandark

The well written ones probably story line their ideas. The good but not-so-good ones probably just write by the seat of their pants (meaning they just have good instincts). The bad ones probably just write whatever pops in their heads.

and regardless of the quality, all of them make a daily effort to just sit in front of their computers for a period of time.

c_ron_ickler

As one of those writers, I have written 5 days/week over the course of two years before posting online, and before then I was querying. I’m currently in the process of posting all my stuff and also trying to figure out what I ought to do vis a vis getting an audience. The multiple posts are as much anxiety as they are anything else, hoping that it’ll get me somewhere.

Simo

A lazy sloth
As one of those writers, I have written 5 days/week over the course of two years before posting online, and before then I was querying. I’m currently in the process of posting all my stuff and also trying to figure out what I ought to do vis a vis getting an audience. The multiple posts are as much anxiety as they are anything else, hoping that it’ll get me somewhere.
Good luck!

HappyVainGlory

How the hell do authors update multiple books in a week? Do they have tons of stuff prepared for their books or just write everything on the spot? I honestly don’t know if they don’t have other stuff to do in their lives, they’re just built different or I’m just lazy.
By having written millions of words before and being able to go straight to writing mode for an hour.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I consider my improv writing to be better than my planned out ones.

So if I feel like writing a new chapter, my mind just automatically gives me the info I need.

Layenlml

The well written ones probably story line their ideas. The good but not-so-good ones probably just write by the seat of their pants (meaning they just have good instincts). The bad ones probably just write whatever pops in their heads.

and regardless of the quality, all of them make a daily effort to just sit in front of their computers for a period of time.
Computer. There you got it, I use a phone and it sucks.

Agentt

Thighs
Well, they mainly write many chapters in advance and not publish them, like ChronoWizard, if i remember correctly, only publishes when all the chapters have been written
They don't have ADHD
This is so so unfair

CynicalStrawberry

Personally, sometimes I get bored or fatigued sticking with one story so I hop to another: especially when they're completely different. Then again, I write really short chapters like 1000 words or less, so it's fairly easy for me to write a bit for one story then hop over to another when I get bored. I'm always afraid I'll get thoroughly bored and just drop a story or stop writing altogether, so I try to continuously bust out as much as I can, even if that means hopping between stories to get rid of the fatigue.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You are just lazy~

I too am lazy~

Fuuuuuuuck~
They don't have ADHD
This is so so unfair
It's basically what DarkGodEM said, but in a broader sense.

Basically, they're good at managing their procrastination. It's honestly pretty easy to write one 2000 characters chapter/day if you can defeat your procrastination. It probably won't take much longer than 2h.

Sure, you'll need to edit that at least once, but the writing itself shouldn't take that long.

So like... If you write one day, and edit on the next one, and do this 6x/week, you can get 3 chapters done per week easily.

... For as long as you defeat the procrastination that is.
And of course, if you do struggle with procrastination, lack of attention, sometimes super attention and whatever, there are real chances of ADHD, but it's not like you have to have ADHD to struggle with procrastination... I mean, I do have it and I do struggle, but I also take medication for it anyways, so... Well, it's not necessarily a medical problem. Maybe it's just a commitment problem.

Agentt

Thighs

Basically, they're good at managing their procrastination. It's honestly pretty easy to write one 2000 characters chapter/day if you can defeat your procrastination. It probably won't take much longer than 2h.

Sure, you'll need to edit that at least once, but the writing itself shouldn't take that long.

So like... If you write one day, and edit on the next one, and do this 6x/week, you can get 3 chapters done per week easily.

And of course, if you do struggle with procrastination, lack of attention, sometimes super attention and whatever, there are real chances of ADHD, but it's not like you have to have ADHD to struggle with procrastination... I mean, I do have it and I do struggle, but I also take medication for it anyways, so... Well, it's not necessarily a medical problem. Maybe it's just a commitment problem.
*pats*
We learn new things about the shadow ruler of SH everyday

DarkGodEM

Book Editor

Bruh!

I didn't finish more than 2 chapters this entire year! I just can't concentrate anymore....

But I did finish about 15 manwhas and 3 manhuas and 2 Mangas to a total of about 1200 chapters
But last time I managed to get things going I did write something like 7k words

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I didn't finish more than 2 chapters this entire year! I just can't concentrate anymore....
Ah, I can relate. On good months I write like... 1 or 2 chapters... On most months I write 0.

I do want to write more, but it's hard to defeat Procrastination for both my translation job and for writing... So I tend to prioritize the one that pays my bills, and usually end up giving up on the one that is my dream job... So my writing is mostly stagnated... orz