How do yo develope a character withing being boring to readers?

Daichi

Suppose you created a character and throughout your story you want to enhance it's character and show the reader that your character have grown, how do you do that without making the readers bore?

Kotohood

Noob Author
One of the easiest methods I like to use is to show the character doing something that he/she couldn't do in the past.

Another method like to use is to show a character finding/accepting his/her flaws and making her either try to play around it, plan around it, or use it to his/her advantage or outright showing the readers how he/she found a way to remove that flaw.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Suppose you created a character and throughout your story you want to enhance it's character and show the reader that your character have grown, how do you do that without making the readers bore?

Why not just have the character grow naturally as part of the story? You know, learn from their mistakes or beat things they failed to in the past.

Or do you mean how do you avoid those boring training arcs? Generally, comedy makes for good glue. If you want to make something boring readable, make it funny.

That is assuming your content fits with comedy. Depends on the tone of your story.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Make the main character suffers from failure and learns from it. Make the plot progresses while having the main character acts upon their surrounding. Their action will kick-start a consequence, and that consequence will be the character growth of the character.

DDTStudios

Honestly it depends what kind of character you want is you want. All characters have a backstory whether it be happy or tragic.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Depends on what you mean by grow
If by character growth then I guess through interaction with other characters would be the safest bet?
If through physical/spiritual or whatever growth then I guess comedy or if you have an interesting enough skill system then maybe that would be enough

Kyrian_Clawraithe

This post is about asking for advice, which means that this is not the right area for the post. This area is for posting writing prompts.