How do you do it???

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Multitasking: You Don't Do It, Do you?
Have you ever had to hold your breasts in a C-hold for 15 minutes on each side, 10-12 times a day?
After the kid gets to be about 6 or 7 months old, it no longer needs the C-hold and climbs on top of you, and both your hands are free, but you start reading to it that way, and then it starts handing you books before climbing on top of you, and you don't want to disappoint it.

Kitsura

If motivated 6k words per day, if unmotivated around 1k

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
Have you ever had to hold your breasts in a C-hold for 15 minutes on each side, 10-12 times a day?
After the kid gets to be about 6 or 7 months old, it no longer needs the C-hold and climbs on top of you, and both your hands are free, but you start reading to it that way, and then it starts handing you books before climbing on top of you, and you don't want to disappoint it.
I'm a heartbreaker.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I write a rough sketch of the chapter in my free time (during lunch break, in public transport, or mostly when an important subject is being taught in class) then I sit on whatever hell I will write the thing and write until I am satisfied. But mostly between one thousand to two thousand.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Me replying to a random stranger in the YouTube comment section with a carefully curated and double-checked 3k word essay on how they deserve to be run over by a stray snowplough for preferring Greek yoghurt over flavoured yoghurt:

Me barely putting 300 words into a new chapter for the last fifteen minutes:

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Me replying to a random stranger in the YouTube comment section with a carefully curated and double-checked 3k word essay on how they deserve to be run over by a stray snowplough for preferring Greek yoghurt over flavoured yoghurt:

Me barely putting 300 words into a new chapter for the last fifteen minutes:

I feel personally attacked.

Toripuru-S

I don't write everyday, but when I do, it can vary between roughly 8-14 pages before I decide to stop. The amount of time it takes for me to write that much is a few (or many :blob_popcorn:) hours. I don't always do a word count specifically.
I don’t write everyday, but when I do, I usually type one chapter straight from beginning to the end (around 1,500 - 4,000 words depending on the chapter). I don’t know how long it takes; when I’m in the zone, time just melts away. The next thing I know, I just finish the chapter, feeling satisfied.

Sometime if I don’t care about publishing at all—if I just write purely for fun without expecting anyone to read it—I can type up to 10,000 words straight. After that, I’ll feel totally exhausted (mentally). I’m trying to keep up that pace nowadays, pumping a lot of chapters and then stock it before releasing.
"I don't write everyday, but when I do,"

We are not so different, you and I :blob_shade: :blob_shade:. Lol 🤭.

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Everyday when you type, how many words do you write an average and how long do you write for?
I write 5k words per day. For my novella The Security Lamb, I wrote 10k each day, but my head hurt after each writing session, so I stopped. 5k is a good number. That is 100k words in 20 days, which is a full-length book.