How do you feel about Wattpad?

I for one like the website, but the exposure to new books is nonexistent. I have had some of my books on the website a lot longer than I had it on scribble hub and still, I get a ton more readers than Wattpad. Well in all that is my experience, I enjoy it but it is hard to get readers.

EternalSunset0

Terrible exposure for new authors as you said, and they removed the forums, so there's a lot less interaction potential going on outside chancing a story and commenting on it/DMing the author.

Nevertheless, I like the site in general due to its simple layout. I also came from there, so that's something to consider. I miss the 2014-2015 layout though, where you can add pictures to the side bar. Nifty little things that I like to put a lot of effort on to showcase some art or what (like the Glossary here)

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I'm the opposite. I was surprised that the fanfiction I dropped a few months ago was still getting comments and likes even to this day. I'm not telling what it is though, I cringe when I look back at it.

Arthur-67

I liked the layout and all that but i found it difficult to get started on there with the lack of exposure for new authors. In comparison it only took two weeks of RR for my fantasy novel to reach what took five months of posting on wattpad.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
They have embed YouTube videos. :blob_melt:

I come from there and romance is popular. It’s less formatting so uploading goes faster than SH sometimes, but I miss the footnote option that SH has. (Even though they are a pain to make)

I like the reading layout too. Sepia background is more comfortable for me than black or white.

However, the advertisements are so annoying. Even when I read my own book.

BlissyMKW

Before they axed the forums, it was alright. Sure, romance books are all over the place on that site (and I'm not saying romance books are bad, they're just not my thing most of the time), but with the forum around, it made interacting with other people easy.

...but, everything changed when they removed the forum. News Feed also got the ax for some dumb reason and now unless you write romance or fanfiction, as a new author, getting exposure is far harder. Ignoring the promotion of actually badly written works that feel like they hardly got an editing pass, the ads on mobile are bad, premium isn't worth the money, and there's no dark theme on the desktop version of the site (as far as I know).

On the bright side, however, at least it's pretty simple to use. It's not a bad site, by any means, but it used to be better than it is now, and I feel like sooner rather than later, it's going to continue it's slow decline while sites like SH and RR grow..but that's just my opinion.

EternalSunset0

On the bright side, however, at least it's pretty simple to use. It's not a bad site, by any means, but it used to be better than it is now, and I feel like sooner rather than later, it's going to continue it's slow decline while sites like SH and RR grow..but that's just my opinion.
I remember back when it's the go-to site for publishing stuff. It's either that or Fictionpress when I was still doing my scouting with a friend. Those were the days.