How do you guys fight against who is nimble and agility-based?

yunano34a1

The obvious answer is to stop their movement but I’m wondering if you guys have any other ideas?

You cold also share how do you deal it in your stories

Last edited:

LotsChrono

The obvious answer is to stop their movement but I’m wondering if you guys have any other ideas?
Nimbleness is useless if their hits do nothing or next-to-nothing, as well, or if they can't even reach or see you. Then, all you really have to do is wait for them to tire and attack.

Though, of course, the obvious tactic of stopping their movement is usually the best and fastest solution.

D

Deleted member 29316

Nimbleness is useless if their hits do nothing or next-to-nothing, as well, or if they can't even reach or see you. Then, all you really have to do is wait for them to tire and attack.

Though, of course, the obvious tactic of stopping their movement is usually the best and fastest solution.
Attrition and counterattack works, though the risk is that, you might get hit by a fatal blow while waiting for them to tire out.

Valmond

Just do what I did in a game. Predict their movement, then launch the ultimate attack. 🥳

Clown ran right into it, instant K.O. 🐕

If you are wondering what hit em, then it was a massive sword descending. Serves the runner right. 😡

Jemini

You don't need speed when you have skill. Speed was the valued thing in writing for characters maybe 15 years ago, now writers are figuring out that having the skill and battle experience to put yourself in the right place relative to your opponent's movement is the real top-tier ability.

Even if someone is 3X as fast as you, if you can predict their future movements and then swing your fist in such a way that it intercepts their face as they are approaching then you have no need to waste energy chasing after the speedy little bugger.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Speed isn't the determining factor to a fight, though as opposed to what the thread may tell you, they still pose a threat. In most situations, you'd only find those who strike fast but wild. They'll throw punches like crazy but most of the time, they only care about whether they hit, not where they'll hit.

Now, speed + accuracy. THAT'S a fearful combo. You can argue about strength all you want but the truth of the matter is that there will always be some part of the human body that's susceptible to even the tiniest of force. Under the chin, on the side of the head, the shins, et cetera. You could GUARD those places, and you'll sometimes succeed, but at this point, if you're facing an enemy that's fast and precise, chances are they're also well-balanced. Light like a butterfly, sting like a bee type shit.

Of course, you can always catch them lacking. Every human being has a pattern. The way to beat those fucks is to lure them into a false sense of relief, where they think you're falling into a pit of repetition with your moves. That would require stamina and endurance but if you can do that, you can play farce for half a minute of so before diving down for their kneecaps and taking them on a temporary visit down the waters of Babylon.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I had that problem as well, thinking about how to deal with speedsters.

Because I was imagining a monster trial that featured five stages, directly stolen from Dugu Qiubai's swordsmanship growth.

1st stage: Speed (being fast is the ultimate technique)
2nd stage: Eccentricity (speed is nice, unpredictable speed is even nicer)
3rd stage: Strength (one big haymaker knocks lights out faster than ten jabs)
4th stage: Efficiency (cherrytapping)
5th stage: Adaptability (technique here is but a word, knowing what to do when needed to is cash)

In terms of being in the same power level, speed is essential in "who throws the first punch" and "rate of fire", you don't have to be accurate, you just have to shoot more shots.

In CNs, I recalled MCs either turtled themselves in ultimate defense while basically AOE-ed non-stop, change the terrain until the speedster has to slow down or just straight up UNO reverse them.

Daitengu

I like Muhammad Ollie's style. I've seen his fights. It wasn't like he was super fast. But what he had was tactics. He baits punches with a lowered guard, and when he gets tapped on his bait shoulder he auto counters. His distancing was also superb. Most of the hits he took were ineffective because he stayed right at the limit of his opponent's reach.

Float like a butterfly part of his quote wasn't about being fast, cause them thing are pretty slow. I feel it was about having chaotic 'feeling' movement and not tanking. While the sting like a bee part was definitely his baited counters. Every time he was hit when baiting it was perfect distance to counter.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
In CNs, I recalled MCs either turtled themselves in ultimate defense while basically AOE-ed non-stop, change the terrain until the speedster has to slow down or just straight up UNO reverse them.
I mean, at this point, if the ability to change the fucking ground you're standing on is presented, I think the aspect of speed is already heavily muted, if the power scaling is anything to be considered.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I mean, at this point, if the ability to change the fucking ground you're standing on is presented, I think the aspect of speed is already heavily muted, if the power scaling is anything to be considered.
*shrug shoulder*

I was reading CN. You think they care anything about power scaling? To them they have a formula for their MC probably, let X be current foe's level and MC level = 5X.

Though at that time the power levels are close as MC and foe are deities, where the foe can travel.... 40 times lightspeed. MC of course can Unlimited Nuke Work and killed the foe by spamming the Ult button like mad.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
*shrug shoulder*

I was reading CN. You think they care anything about power scaling? To them they have a formula for their MC probably, let X be current foe's level and MC level = 5X.

Though at that time the power levels are close as MC and foe are deities, where the foe can travel.... 40 times lightspeed. MC of course can Unlimited Nuke Work and killed the foe by spamming the Ult button like mad.
It's TRUE!

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
It's sort of based on the world you have constructed? Like, if your character has a gun, then there's no problem. You just shoot them.

Actually that seems like a good idea overall. Speed doesn't matter much with enough precision.

D

Deleted member 45782

Brainpower.

Outsmarting them and predicting what they do, like someone stated.