How do you know if you hit Trending?

bigbear51

You don't get any notifications, so the only way to know is to check through all eight pages. Of course, the first 8/9 spots are the only relevant positions and the story can't get on trending two days in a row from what I've seen.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Tony will send the notification directly to the chip planted inside your brain. If you don't have it, you won't receive any notifications.
And by the way, Leti's the one who'll take you silently at night, she'll be the one inserting the chip for SH's sake. :blob_cookie:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
And by the way, Leti's the one who'll take you silently at night, she'll be the one inserting the chip for SH's sake. :blob_cookie:
If you're good for Christmas, she might also insert something else silently at night.

lambchap

You don't get any notifications, so the only way to know is to check through all eight pages. Of course, the first 8/9 spots are the only relevant positions and the story can't get on trending two days in a row from what I've seen.
I wish the system will send us a "Congratulations for making it to trending!" note/message at least. Not that I'd expect my fiction to hit it but who knows. I haven't published it yet, too.

Tony, if you're reading this... #feature-request lmao XD

Reisinling

Ah I see, you had the same oh so vexing experience of being close to hitting first page on trending, so close... and yet no cigar.
But seriously, while It seems hitting top 10 is indeed the big prize, even being on first two pages seems to help. Some people seem to browse them to find new stuff.

Localforeigner

considering it's the FIRST THING YOU SEE on the front page when logging into SH, i'd say if there's indeed a notification for it, it'll be redundant
There are ten pages and multiple kinds of Trending. Not all will appear on the first page.

Last edited:

Localforeigner

Ah I see, you had the same oh so vexing experience of being close to hitting first page on trending, so close... and yet no cigar.
But seriously, while It seems hitting top 10 is indeed the big prize, even being on first two pages seems to help. Some people seem to browse them to find new stuff.
Oh, actually I have no idea. But there are like 8 pages of Trending and I don't know if I should look every day or even when I might think to start.

EDIT: Holy Crap! I decided to check and yes, I'm on TRENDING! 26 on Daily and 36 on Weekly!

Last edited:

Flashwolf96

I would try checking every time you notice a significant spike in your views/readers/etc. I managed to find myself near the bottom of one of the huge weekly lists that way. If you make it onto Trending, it stands to reason that more people are likely to see your story, resulting in a boost of views from those who check it out.

Jemini

Depending on your posting rate, you can narrow down on when to check trending. You should check 2 days after you post a chapter, that's when there's a chance you might actually be on daily trending (which is the one most people will see since it's the default.)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
There are ten pages and multiple kinds of Trending. Not all will appear on the first page.
Truthfully speaking, most people will either flock to the first 8-9 on the list or just read the ones they've already saved in their reading list.

But if you just wanna know if you're on a list then sure, I guess it's good to know.

Jemini

Truthfully speaking, most people will either flock to the first 8-9 on the list or just read the ones they've already saved in their reading list.

But if you just wanna know if you're on a list then sure, I guess it's good to know.

I've actually seen boosts to my view count and reader gain from hitting in the top 35 before. So long as you are somewhere on the first page of the trending list, or on the upper half of the second page, it will be at least a small benefit to you. Of course, being in the top 9 is about 10 times better than even being at spot #10. Also, spot 7 is twice as good as spot 8 because it is the last spot that a PC user can see without intentionally looking at what else there is, and spot 3 is twice as good as spot 4 because smart phones show you the top 9 in batches of 3, and it is the top 3 that are put in your face without you intentionally looking over the rest of them.