How do you promote your story? Just curious

Ace_Raven

Whops wrong thread. How to delete? Help me

Edit, eyy some good person help me. Thanks again.

The topic,

So I noticed that sometime...

F it i can't make it more obvious than that in title.

So what do you think make one story have more view? (Or is it reader?) Than other.

Like some really good story could have been overshadowed by long running story.

So what make that happen?

Is it only luck and RNG after all?

Last edited:

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
I tried making a Twitter, but I don't know how to promote that one. The other answer is probably reading and commenting on other people's stories. Rating them, and leaving reviews works too!

D

Deleted member 45782

Keep talking on SHF while your signature or profile about description links to your stories. Some will be curious enough to take a look.

Or you can paste your story in one of those a chapter feedback threads or just make one yourself to get feedback on. Some will be curious to check it out too. ;)

Razmatazz

Dungeon Cultist
I tried making a Twitter, but I don't know how to promote that one. The other answer is probably reading and commenting on other people's stories. Rating them, and leaving reviews works too!
It's a little ironic, but twitter is worthless unless you already have a ton of followers on your twitter. You'll have to get people to engage with your twitter account and the only way to do that is to dive into hot-button 'twitter issues' to share your hot-takes in the hopes that people check you out. But at that point, is it really even worth it? Ignoring that like a huge chunk of twitter's user-base are bots anyways.

The safest bet is to just write consistently and with the best quality you can manage. Readers will respond to that, especially on novel sites like ScribbleHub or RoyalRoad.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
So what do you think make one story have more view? (Or is it reader?) Than other.
1) Sex. People horny.
2) The early adopter effect. People who jumped to SH when it first launched got a good amount of exposure when it was easier to do so. Anything they write after becomes easier to gain readers as they can promote it in their earlier stories. Thanks to that they were able to accumulate a large amount of views which put them in top charts on the site essentially making any of their works easier to find.
3) Methods to game trending.

Now if you combined 1, 2, and 3, you can build an empire of fictions with 100s or 1000s of readers on each one.

Ace_Raven

CONSISTENCY? WHAT IS THAT :blob_teary: :blob_teary: :blob_teary:
Yeah i get that, determination is hard to get. The best thing i could do is write few chapters in burst then released it one by one.

Take it or leave it i guess...
1) Sex. People horny.
2) The early adopter effect. People who jumped to SH when it first launched got a good amount of exposure when it was easier to do so. Anything they write after becomes easier to gain readers as they can promote it in their earlier stories. Thanks to that they were able to accumulate a large amount of views which put them in top charts on the site essentially making any of their works easier to find.
3) Methods to game trending.

Now if you combined 1, 2, and 3, you can build an empire of fictions with 100s or 1000s of readers on each one.
No.... That's impossible...

I want to write wholsome story. Where if sex really happened, it will only be like a little hint after the fact.

2nd method is also already kinda late so,

what is exactly the 3rd method? I don't get it.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Don't do it... I am begging you - you are too young for this kind of thing... you should start by looking at the deepest surface before going through these things... dononononononott dooooo ododododoo ittttttitiittiitit

Ace_Raven

Don't do it... I am begging you - you are too young for this kind of thing... you should start by looking at the deepest surface before going through these things... dononononononott dooooo ododododoo ittttttitiittiitit
May explain yourself? Only saying don't won't make it easier to understand you know?

Motsu

May explain yourself? Only saying don't won't make it easier to understand you know?
don't do it nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ploosh

Edit:

In the first place, what makes your novel worth a commercial? A story starts with a 'hook' that grabs attention to readers and authors - you just don't write good stories hoping that someone notices it. In short, you don't passively wait around until the time where you can complain about having no reader.

You did ask what way to promote a story? My, my, not the sharpest tool in the shed, huh?

Your story is a way to promote your story, in by-la-way terms, stories that don't hitch off with one's fashion - generally don't hit off with everyone. As you can see, ongoing trends here in scribblehub are about yuri, boys love, isekai, gender bender, and smut. If your story doesn't have even one of them, then you can expect a slow progressive state - and that's enough reason to take aggressive actions and grab viewers' attention using a 'hook' - it doesn't apply only in essays, you know.

I am telling you, enough with the views - start by honing your potential writing skills and afterward, make views. Quantity vs Quality might be debatable, but the fact remains that quantity can't beat quality in writing. Just because you see a novel with 100k views doesn't mean it's good, in fact, it just has a good 'hook' that's pulling everyone.

Now go to sleep.
123614992_203224617828631_1882809107746989111_n.jpg

Last edited:

HappyVainGlory

Whops wrong thread. How to delete? Help me

Edit, eyy some good person help me. Thanks again.

The topic,

So I noticed that sometime...

F it i can't make it more obvious than that in title.

For readers, at least the number of readers that pops up on your story, the key factor seems to be genre, tags, and premise. A lot of people bookmark stories that they seem interesting, causing the number of readers to go up. If you tick the right boxes for your story, you can get a lot of 'readers' without much actual story out. I think an example of that was that one Reincarnated as a Sheep story or something?

For actual readers, as in people who read and interact with your story, I'm of the mindset that consistency and quantity make up a quality of its own. At least, I know that if a story I follow puts out decent length chapters on a daily basis, I'd read it anyway to kill time as long as it's mildly interesting.

If you're talking about views... Well, apparently clickbait works? Titles, synopsis, tags, cover... those can be tailored in a way for maximal impact and effect. Other people could probably tell you more about that though.

If you're talking about exposure, regarding the likelihood of your story being noticed, the key is probably frequency. If you post a lot of updates spread throughout the day, you have a higher chance of hitting different viewers in different timezones. The readers here on Scribblehub are definitely a diverse lot from around the world, so you've gotta remember that not everyone will be on at the same time.

Also, friendly reminder that not all readers of your story will be people logged into the site. There's a lot of people who read that are either guests or logged out. If you want to have readers who interact with your story and leave comments, you've gotta be proactive about it. After all, if you just toss stuff out there without sticking around to watch and interact, you definitely aren't going to have friendly people who talk to you about it.

tl;dr - consistent presence and active involvement to build a community.

-These have been the thoughts of your local happy and vain writer.

Ace_Raven

don't do it nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ploosh

Edit:

In the first place, what makes your novel worth a commercial? A story starts with a 'hook' that grabs attention to readers and authors - you just don't write good stories hoping that someone notices it. In short, you don't passively wait around until the time where you can complain about having no reader.

You did ask what way to promote a story? My, my, not the sharpest tool in the shed, huh?

Your story is a way to promote your story, in by-la-way terms, stories that don't hitch off with one's fashion - generally don't hit off with everyone. As you can see, ongoing trends here in scribblehub are about yuri, boys love, isekai, gender bender, and smut. If your story doesn't have even one of them, then you can expect a slow progressive state - and that's enough reason to take aggressive actions and grab viewers' attention using a 'hook' - it doesn't apply only in essays, you know.

I am telling you, enough with the views - start by honing your potential writing skills and afterward, make views. Quantity vs Quality might be debatable, but the fact remains that quantity can't beat quality in writing. Just because you see a novel with 100k views doesn't mean it's good, in fact, it just has a good 'hook' that's pulling everyone.

Now go to sleep.
View attachment 7262
It's never about the view. I just want to interact more with my reader or make my reader interact with each other.

That way i will know if at least someone is interested and waiting for my story.

Tldr, i want to build a community but firs i need people.
For readers, at least the number of readers that pops up on your story, the key factor seems to be genre, tags, and premise. A lot of people bookmark stories that they seem interesting, causing the number of readers to go up. If you tick the right boxes for your story, you can get a lot of 'readers' without much actual story out. I think an example of that was that one Reincarnated as a Sheep story or something?

For actual readers, as in people who read and interact with your story, I'm of the mindset that consistency and quantity make up a quality of its own. At least, I know that if a story I follow puts out decent length chapters on a daily basis, I'd read it anyway to kill time as long as it's mildly interesting.

If you're talking about views... Well, apparently clickbait works? Titles, synopsis, tags, cover... those can be tailored in a way for maximal impact and effect. Other people could probably tell you more about that though.

If you're talking about exposure, regarding the likelihood of your story being noticed, the key is probably frequency. If you post a lot of updates spread throughout the day, you have a higher chance of hitting different viewers in different timezones. The readers here on Scribblehub are definitely a diverse lot from around the world, so you've gotta remember that not everyone will be on at the same time.

Also, friendly reminder that not all readers of your story will be people logged into the site. There's a lot of people who read that are either guests or logged out. If you want to have readers who interact with your story and leave comments, you've gotta be proactive about it. After all, if you just toss stuff out there without sticking around to watch and interact, you definitely aren't going to have friendly people who talk to you about it.

tl;dr - consistent presence and active involvement to build a community.

-These have been the thoughts of your local happy and vain writer.
Yeah I also consider tags, synopsis, or description. But i want to keep as little spoilers as possible. I want my reader to discover about the world as the story move along. (Like how my grandparents tell me a story.)

I like to keep the sense of wonder in my story.

So yeah probably i need to consider time and consistency if i want people to eventually read my story.

Last edited:

Motsu

It's never about the view. I just want to interact more with my reader or make my reader interact with each other.

That way i will know if at least someone is interested and waiting for my story.

Tldr, i want to build a community but firs i need people.
What's with the contradiction in your words? Are you interested in learning how to get more views or interested in how to make readers interact with you so you can interact?

Anyway, don't expect much about the closet readers here. In fact, if you do believe that someone will interact with you, then keep that positivity.

Ace_Raven

What's with the contradiction in your words? Are you interested in learning how to get more views or interested in how to make readers interact with you so you can interact?

Anyway, don't expect much about the closet readers here. In fact, if you do believe that someone will interact with you, then keep that positivity.
read the title, how do you? Just curious

Sorry if it sounds aggressive i did not meant it to sound that way.

And yeah i like positivity, all people around me majority is good people after all. Always that way. So yeah.

Hathnuz

Yeah I also consider tags, synopsis, or description. But i want to keep as little spoilers as possible. I want my reader to discover about the world as the story move along. (Like how my grandparents tell me a story.)
The thing is, webnovel readers tend to 'judge by the book cover', except the cover is the premise. If they don't know much about what your story about, they won't read it. So, you might have to spoil them a little.

Motsu

read the title, how do you? Just curious

Sorry if it sounds aggressive i did not meant it to sound that way.

And yeah i like positivity, all people around me majority is good people after all. Always that way. So yeah.
Interested could also imply curiousness - they are synonyms. That's all.

Ace_Raven

O
The thing is, webnovel readers tend to 'judge by the book cover', except the cover is the premise. If they don't know much about what your story about, they won't read it. So, you might have to spoil them a little.
Or trick them with red herring to counter the spoiler right. Like, imagine if i write the love interest to be this female knight from nobility just to reveal later that the one who protagonist love is her personal maid.

Heh, that would be funny...

But yeah i get what you're trying to says. Thanks
Interested could also imply curiousness - they are synonyms. That's all.
Nah, no need to make it have unnecessary meaning more that it's purpose.

"It meant exactly what it is."

I learned that from one page book.

If you could call that a book.