How do you think about this character?

D

Deleted member 45782

Everyone who have ever harmed him in his entire life with an bad intent will die. So, how would public treat him?
Ah so when it happens, it sounds like it would suddenly be a massacre. Since they don't know when it happens, it would be so sudden and they would be at best wary of him and his family and at worst try find all ways to neutralize his power to keep from that sudden day from happening.

SailusGebel

It is very useless. But teh question is how the public sees him

Both cases no.
Then what is even the question? People would treat him as usual, maybe alienate him a bit more. That's it.

Agentt

Thighs
Probably ticking time bomb. They would shun them. They won't try use them for fear of being targeted later on for I'll intent, but doubt ppl will try get lose to them as friends and stuff bc never know if some slight feeling jealousy, a push, etc. and they also get tagged for destruction. So probably ostracized from society.
But..why? All you need to do is to not have bad intentions. You can dunk his face as a prank, and do all the friendly stuff. Seems unnecessary when it is a well known power

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I reached this conclusion as well, to just make them some sort of office workers like accountants
shame. I would definitely make those tweaks if it were me. Cuz you cant really use this kind of idea otherwise. Unless you just give them one big moment, and the whole story revolves around getting to that one part. "We all treated him like a loser and in the end he saved everyone" kind of shit

Agentt

Thighs
Then what is even the question? People would treat him as usual, maybe alienate him a bit more. That's it.
Yeah, that does answers it. I was just having a conflict since anime shows them to be completely alienated or bullied

D

Deleted member 45782

But..why? All you need to do is to not have bad intentions. You can dunk his face as a prank, and do all the friendly stuff. Seems unnecessary when it is a well known power
Sometimes ppl have I'll intentions even the slightest ones like just in moment want punch them for something they said or did something on act of jealousy but did not mean too. They could also have I'll intent like planning to rip them off their farm to use to extract oil, but if family moved elsewhere with that sum of cash and not affected by how polluted the land has become, will that person who try rip them off of their land also be tagged? They may not want kill you directly, but using you for other purposes to get what they want.

Agentt

Thighs
shame. I would definitely make those tweaks if it were me. Cuz you cant really use this kind of idea otherwise. Unless you just give them one big moment, and the whole story revolves around getting to that one part. "We all treated him like a loser and in the end he saved everyone" kind of shit
×.×)
This is a great idea that I shall try, but I have always found myself to be bad with such plot lines. Originally he was just supposed to be a side character, the MC has power of converting damage recieved to attack. But i shall try to give him a bigger role now
Sometimes ppl have I'll intentions even the slightest ones like just in moment want punch them for something they said or did something on act of jealousy but did not mean too. They could also have I'll intent like planning to rip them off their farm to use to extract oil, but if family moved elsewhere with that sum of cash and not affected by how polluted the land has become, will that person who try rip them off of their land also be tagged? They may not want kill you directly, but using you for other purposes to get what they want.
Only physical damage is considered, so this might not happen

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
Various things come to mind.

Suicide bombers. Jihadists specifically (or however it's spelled). They'd go somewhere, cause as much chaos as possible and then die, killing evey police or military that shot them.

People team up in the world, and the fear people have of them would leave them as a very influential family, so they have healers at their beck and call, or be bodyguards of influential families. Like this, they'd have a childhood friend or a distant relative that has healing powers following them around or the mc follows them around.

The social implications of a world with powers is more than just "fear or be feared", people would try and curry favor with them, those smart enough would know that scheming is a bad idea, and they'd be a paragon of social limitations like bullying and the like.

You say powers are inherited. This would naturally turn into human experimentation and isolation of genes, so families with specific powers are influential. If a clan of people who are virtually immune to ill will exist, they'd be the most powerful while living in the shadows to avoid ill will from the general populace. This in turn would make a school setting interesting, since the scions would know of him and treat him well or ignore him.

Now, how far has technology developed? Are there people with power over machines? If so, a healing kit that replicates healing powers would be the most sought after item for this family.

You see, ill intent is a cheeky thing that our subconscious has power over, since fear and emotions are handled by that as far as we know. Indoctrination would be the best course of action. And they'd be taught to avoid harm at all costs in order to reduce the amount of fatalities their own deaths would ensue, making them very good fighters with a focus on dodging and all that.

Powers in a world is not just 'let the kids do as they please', that's shit.

Think of Noblesse. There is a Royal family of vampires, nobles and an entire society of that. Then there is the Noblesse, a literal arbiter that brings balance to the table. Just entering the fight would deter everyone from bickering any further.

SailusGebel

Yeah, that does answers it. I was just having a conflict since anime shows them to be completely alienated or bullied
Because in animes, their abilities might be different than yours. If anyone physically harms or even touches the mc rudely with an ill intention, the said person dies the moment he gets nearly killed by being butchered\shot\slashed, etc, right? If there is no ill intention or physical connection, the person lives, right? So, these are the established rules of this power, right? And the mc has parents that have the same abilities. They met each other somehow, and they are known to the public. MC's mother somehow fell in love with a dangerous person, right? And she is still alive, right? This means that there will be people who would treat the mc with fear. There will be as well people who treat the mc as usual. Though there would be more people who are afraid of the mc, depending on the course of your novel(if it's dark or light), the mc would still be able to have friends and\or a lover. Question answered.

D

Deleted member 45782

×.×)
This is a great idea that I shall try, but I have always found myself to be bad with such plot lines. Originally he was just supposed to be a side character, the MC has power of converting damage recieved to attack. But i shall try to give him a bigger role now

Only physical damage is considered, so this might not happen
Hmm what if it's cause of their actions. So like what if it's indirect harm?

Or like a direct cause of harm, but not by it's not like their hands and feet directly beat the character up? They ripped off the farm and use it to extract oil still, but family is still living in it and slowly losing out to diseases caused by the contaminated water?

Agentt

Thighs
Hmm what if it's cause of their actions. So like what if it's indirect harm?

Or like a direct cause of harm, but not by it's not like their hands and feet directly beat the character up? They ripped off the farm and use it to extract oil still, but family is still living in it and slowly losing out to diseases caused by the contaminated water?
Nope

blanksphere

Only physical damage is considered,
If only physical damage is considered then it's easy to cause to harm if this character isn't strong mentally.
I'm assuming self inflicted damages don't count.
His adversaries could be those who uses mind based abilities or skills, right? -inserts self destructive thoughts-
I'm not sure how tech advanced your story setting is. Maybe some sleepy scientists are actively trying to develop ways to put everyone in his family in a cryogenically frozen or put in stasis under the secret order of the government?
Just some ideas. (I guess including psychological warfare and genocide would make any story too convoluted and messy. Perhaps I read too many history books.:blob_blank:)

I believe some people have irrational fears which could lead to illogical actions.

Agentt

Thighs
If only physical damage is considered then it's easy to cause to harm if this character isn't strong mentally.
I'm assuming self inflicted damages don't count.
His adversaries could be those who uses mind based abilities or skills, right? -inserts self destructive thoughts-
I'm not sure how tech advanced your story setting is. Maybe some sleepy scientists are actively trying to develop ways to put everyone in his family in a cryogenically frozen or put in stasis under the secret order of the government?
Just some ideas. (I guess including psychological warfare and genocide would make any story too convoluted and messy. Perhaps I read too many history books.:blob_blank:)

I believe some people have irrational fears which could lead to illogical actions.
The question isn't how to beat him, its how the public will react to his existence

blanksphere

The question isn't how to beat him, its how the public will react to his existence
Oh oops, was reading the replies, believed we were antagonizing him and I forgot the OP. Sorry.
I think everyone will treat him normally just like how his family members got through their early days.
Or maybe someone will willingly or unwillingly act as his guard?

LilTV1155

Power: Last Man Standing . . . . :blob_hmm_two: 💬
And the definition is: When Host is near 1% HP, power will automatically lock on and target host's enemies with evil intents.
So Type: Automatic, Psychic? and Area/Long Range/Closer Range?
:blob_hmm_two:💬
Kinda generic OP power, I read here.

Sorry. I don't see how the name of the Power match with its definition. Because Last Man Standing would meant a Ability that make a character invincible by quick boosting Defense by x5, Attack by x2, and restore lost Health Points at 1/4 of normal healing cooldown.

A name like Avenger's Counterstrike or Malice /Karmic Countershield might make more sense.
The other problem is the Power's ability. What are its range, rules, and how does it target enemies with evil intents?

Last edited:

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
It is a well known ability, everyone knows it and the entire family has it. So what would be the public's reaction?
He'd simply be avoided like the plague. No one would bother with him, why would they when there's the risk of spontaneous death years along the line from one slip up?
Would make an interesting, if not foundationally generic, romance story though.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
"with evil intent" . . . so accidentally hurting him doesn't count?
I'll be his friend, maybe even more :s_wink:

LilTV1155

Instead of making the character an office worker, pencil pusher, or a student. I think with his power, he is well suited to be a very Weak & Unfavored prince. Faces threats of assassinations and receive full-time bodyguard services to avoid triggering Power as a Royal Member.

Otherwise, the character's just a walking God / Living Immortal/ priest.
Romance genre might get downplayed. Comedy and Action genres will go full-time here for this character.

Will be funny how anyone can try to kill and/or protect the character from all sorts of malicious harms without unleashing Divine Retribution Castratophe.:LOL:

Last edited:

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Instead of making the character an office worker, pencil pusher, or a student. I think with his power, he is well suited to be a very Weak & Unfavored prince. Faces threats of assassinations and receive full-time bodyguard services to avoid triggering Power as a Royal Member.

Otherwise, the character's just a walking God / Living Immortal/ priest.
Romance genre might get downplayed. Comedy and Action genres will go full-time here for this character.

Will be funny how anyone can try to kill and/or protect the character from all sorts of malicious harms without unleashing Divine Retribution Castratophe.:LOL:
Could be Action/Comedy with romantic subplot. As I said, it would likely be pretty generic(i.e. starting off with a loner MC, falls in love(or is fallen in love with) and such) but that's fine as long as any story made with this character does it right. There's nothing wrong using a generic plot as long as there's enough things to make it interesting and unique imo.