How does front page trending work?

itzNANI

Hello, I was just wondering how the trending tab worked and what I would need to do to get my novel up there.

D

Deleted member 29316

By "what the people want" you mean sex scenes and ecchi material correct?
1) Smut
2) Gore

Something along those lines. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And like what KyoruS said, put in a beautiful waifu on the cover.

itzNANI

1) Smut
2) Gore

Something along those lines. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Well, I guess my novel is meant to fail on this website. Mc is only like 16 in the current arc and I'm not trying to implement sex scenes until he is 18... as for the gore, I do add some gory details but that is only for dramatization...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
1. GL/BL/Isekai/Fantasy/Harem/Smut

2. Daily Updates

2.5. fuck plot, focus in writing vanilla fluff moments

3. Profit

D

Deleted member 29316

Well, I guess my novel is meant to fail on this website. Mc is only like 16 in the current arc and I'm not trying to implement sex scenes until he is 18... as for the gore, I do add some gory details but that is only for dramatization...
Well, not that it's a rule, it's only a trend. Actually, our answers to you are just inferences based on the trending stories themselves (with a little bit of sarcasm added.)

Mine did not make it to top 10, but it would get into trending somehow (though it's not that popular-33rd rank is the highest it did attain so far). Oh, and updates on a regular basis, just like what BenJepheneT said, is a plus. It gives your audiences an idea of regularity, thus they'd return to read your work.

My suggestion is, you better try publishing it than not at all. Who knows what might happen?

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
By "what the people want" you mean sex scenes and ecchi material correct?
Also, some people are looking for that content, but a lot of them also don't care. If you look at general trending, plenty of stories without sex scenes or ecchi material get on trending.
The more important part is if your story is a fantasy isekai or something.

itzNANI

Well, not that it's a rule, it's only a trend. Actually, our answers to you are just inferences based on the trending stories themselves (with a little bit of sarcasm added.)

Mine did not make it to top 10, but it would get into trending somehow (though it's not that popular-33rd rank is the highest it did attain so far). Oh, and updates on a regular basis, just like what BenJepheneT said, is a plus. It gives your audiences an idea of regularity, thus they'd return to read your work.

My suggestion is, you better try publishing it than not at all. Who knows what might happen?
Best advice so far, that basically what I've been doing and probably what I will still be doing. I honestly hate pointless sex scenes etc, and I want to avoid that as much as possible. Thanks for the advice though.

I don't even know why my story got trending so suddenly. there's no smut(well for now), ecchi, GL/BL, and litrpg.

D

Deleted member 29316

Best advice so far, that basically what I've been doing and probably what I will still be doing. I honestly hate pointless sex scenes etc, and I want to avoid that as much as possible. Thanks for the advice though.
Yeah, just keep on publishing and updating!