How does it feel?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
How does it feel knowing that your OC's are known to people? Albeit a select few people but still, how does it feel knowing that some people actually care about your OC's? That they may make headcanon about in their spare time? That they look forward to reading more about these characters that you've created? Does it feel good? Do you think to yourself that maybe you shouldn't make those OC's suffer because someone else cares for them? Or are you like me and do everything in your power to crank the suffering and depression to the max before shoving them in a meth pipe of a situation where they will surely suffer more? Do you like it? Are you happy?

Paul_Tromba

you have what? tens, hundreds, thousands of people reading your work. try imagining them standing in front of you. they are just numbers here, but it's a bit surreal when you put things in perspective.
if you include all the readers that I currently have it would range in between 1000-1500 people. Which is nothing compared to the actually good writers on this site. However, it does feel nice. Like you've achieved something for your time and effort.

if you include all the readers that I currently have it would range in between 1000-1500 people. Which is nothing compared to the actually good writers on this site. However, it does feel nice. Like you've achieved something for your time and effort.
true. it's great knowing I could disappear midway through my novel and it'd piss at least a handful of people for a very long time

Paul_Tromba

true. it's great knowing I could disappear midway through my novel and it'd piss at least a handful of people for a very long time
Agreed. Sometimes I consider blinking out without warning as a powermove. Though I never can push myself to do it because I love writing them so much.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I don't know man sometimes I feel like people clicked on my story by accident and that is the only reason I get views.

But the thought I could bring someone out there happiness or get them invested in the plot with my storytelling skills is one of the big reasons I keep writing.

Paul_Tromba

I don't know man sometimes I feel like people clicked on my story by accident and that is the only reason I get views.

But the thought I could bring someone out there happiness or get them invested in the plot with my storytelling skills is one of the big reasons I keep writing.
Just keep at it, man. Even if you think that your story isn't good there are more than enough people with different tastes who will enjoy what you produce. I know firsthand that your story is top tier so don't bring yourself down.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Just keep at it, man. Even if you think that your story isn't good there are more than enough people with different tastes who will enjoy what you produce. I know firsthand that your story is top tier so don't bring yourself down.
That means a lot from someone that is good as writing as you Paul.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
How does it feel knowing that your OC's are known to people? Albeit a select few people but still, how does it feel knowing that some people actually care about your OC's? That they may make headcanon about in their spare time? That they look forward to reading more about these characters that you've created? Does it feel good? Do you think to yourself that maybe you shouldn't make those OC's suffer because someone else cares for them? Or are you like me and do everything in your power to crank the suffering and depression to the max before shoving them in a meth pipe of a situation where they will surely suffer more? Do you like it? Are you happy?
I recently contacted a few of my readers for something asked them questions about my novel. I was surprised to find out that they genuinely liked the novel and weren’t hired actors making nice comments every once in a while. Characters that you made last second, stereotypes that you added in, all of that, they actually like it. Though the biggest surprise was the fact that they liked the MC. I still don’t know how. But yes, it makes me feel really good and I hope to grow even better. :blob_uwu:

Paul_Tromba

I recently contacted a few of my readers for something asked them questions about my novel. I was surprised to find out that they genuinely liked the novel and weren’t hired actors making nice comments every once in a while. Characters that you made last second, stereotypes that you added in, all of that, they actually like it. Though the biggest surprise was the fact that they liked the MC. I still don’t know how. But yes, it makes me feel really good and I hope to grow even better. :blob_uwu:
Glad to hear it. That's the nice part about being able to talk to your audience.

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I have to admit it feels really good, even though only a handful of people actually takes the time to read my story. Knowing that they care about the characters I've created is priceless.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I’m happy that they simp for my OCs like I do. But at the same time I’m protective of them, so don’t ship them with OCs outside of my headcannon.

For my story’s characters I feel quite mixed. I put them through the mud and I feel like scum, especially when my readers scream: 😱

They care so much for them while fish is like a villain…

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor

I feel the same, sometimes I feel like I'm writing for just a handful of people that actually cares.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I take after my main character. Even named him after me. And yes, I will make him suffer during some arcs, because I'm an evil bitch.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Makes me rethink life wondering who the heck messed up the timeline and caused this... curse you, people who dared to mess with the boundaries of time!

:blob_catflip:

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Never really thought about it. But I'm surprised some of these characters are likable, when I don't like them.

EternalSunset0

The thought of that is probably the one thing that would make me happiest as a writer. I like it when there will be a couple of people with that sort of engagement that will lead to more personal connections with me. That's my goal for writing and putting my story out here, after all.

I think I have only like a dozen or so active readers, but if they all start caring about the characters and go "deeper" than just be readers (making art, having those headcanons, shipping the characters, arguing about best girl, imagining the characters in random spin-off'y situations) then I'll be very very happy.

As for making the OCs suffer, I've plotted out the entire series more or less now with some non-negotiable sequences/twists for character development, so there's less wiggle room on how I'll deliver some events. I'd love to see their reactions when those things happen though.