How does the similar series function work?

DetectiveRed

I would assume it's by tags, thus linking similar stories together but only 2 of 4 series in the similar stories are similar in theme to my story. It's interesting.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Maybe tony will fix it?
There's one system on anilist that lets viewers vote for tag relevancy (and add new tags), and using the relevancy percentage would be ideal for this. its a pain to implement tho.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i was writing some furry-type shit and the similar stories recommended a Canadian Hermaphrodite so it's safe to say it's a bit wonky at the moment

Polarize4777

I was afraid that might be the answer. It's frustrating. I write transgender fiction, and my similar series is mostly isekai?
Rest in peace to that, I had read some great novel and was looking for similar stuff, and sadly it is the case that the similar series helper isn't that great at helping you find what you are looking for most of the time.

Mihou

Firefly—
Well, you could always just use the search function 😝

DetectiveRed

I like the similar series function because it recommends one of my stories on 70% of all stories with the transgender tag uwu
I mean Cuddle and Monster is the first similar series on NNC. Its the only one that makes sense since they both have trans, autism and mtf tags. My problem is NNC pops up in a lot of trans gender similar series while my simular series is Cuddle and Monster then 3 unrelated stories

Kldran

Just did a check on one of my stories and was amused by what I saw:
1590152189781.png

DetectiveRed

Well, you could always just use the search function 😝
Yeah? But thats a completely different thing? As a user if I am looking for stories similar to what I just read what am I meant to search? There is a lot of content on this site. Say for example I want to read an isekai that has a similar tone, and similar themes. If I look in the isekai tag Im going to run into thousands of stories many of which are completely different to.the one i just read, i could try and different tag but thats still probably not going to find me what I want.

JayDirex

I dunno, it grouped my two stories. But then again they're a series, so the MC has the same name in both summary descriptions and the tags are pretty much identical ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ go figure~