How essential are the tags?

Aaky

I'm coming from Wattpad, wondering how much of an impact good tags have on story success. I'd be interested to hear how people use them here.
I couldn't be bothered to read the other comments. But as an author with a bunch of +500 reader novels, and +100k views in one. I can tell you that tags are like 70% of what makes or breaks your book.

The content of your book could be shit, and the cover could be badly put together. But people see a tag they like? That is a guarantee reader who puts your work in their reading list WITHOUT EVEN READING CHAPTER 1.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I couldn't be bothered to read the other comments. But as an author with a bunch of +500 reader novels, and +100k views in one. I can tell you that tags are like 70% of what makes or breaks your book.

The content of your book could be shit, and the cover could be badly put together. But people see a tag they like? That is a guarantee reader who puts your work in their reading list WITHOUT EVEN READING CHAPTER 1.
Yup

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Well, that's kinda normal... I mean, a lot of people use the Reading List as a way of keeping track of "Novels that look like they are interesting, but I don't have time to check it out right now, so I'll do so later."

I mean, I have hundreds of novels in my NU reading list that fit this criteria... >.>

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Well, that's kinda normal... I mean, a lot of people use the Reading List as a way of keeping track of "Novels that look like they are interesting, but I don't have time to check it out right now, so I'll do so later."

I mean, I have hundreds of novels in my NU reading list that fit this criteria... >.>
*Looks away silently*