How many of you guys use Grammarly for your writing(stories)

Do you use Grammarly for you writing?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Yes, sometimes

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • No, don't plan on it either

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No, no reason why, just don't.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I paid attention in school, so I don't need it. Occasionally, it's good to break grammar rules for emphasis or effect. As long as you're aware of what you are doing and have a good reason for it, fuck the rules!

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
I use an add-on called Langugetool. Probably not as effective as Grammarly, but you don't need an account, and it gets the job done.

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I use it all the time, it's a great help for us non-native English speakers.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
It does save your writing but at the same time, don't depend too much on it as it also tends to fix unnecessary things.

Yeah, I loves writing my chapter longer, shut up.

nahyesq

I used Grammarly Premium and my god look at those 70+ corrections that were suggested every time di drop my draft

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Microsoft word's grammar/spelling check works just fine. Since I write my stuff on that anyways, there's no point in pasting it into Grammarly.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
I only use Words since its working fine for me and since I'm always essaying in most of my subjects. Grammarly though .... Might use that in the future

Exivac

Grammarly? What's that? Is it food or sth? I'm using Phone® for my first story...

c_ron_ickler

Sometimes I write things grammatically ‘wrong’ on purpose. Grammarly cannot tell the difference between artistic choice and genuine mistakes.

If you are learning English or are not entirely fluent, it is a worthy tool, but so is google docs. I feel the latter does a better job of preserving your voice. Especially considering that, the more you write in English as your second language, your other language fluency will eventually end up adding a lot to your personal style.

In an ideal world, everyone who writes would have a copy editor. I believe having an actual person do the error checking is always superior, because they’re a lot more likely to know what you’re going for.

LordJoyde

I would like to use it but it tends to annoy me by telling me that my over-dramatized sentences are false when they are, in fact, theoretically grammatically correct!

CubicleHermit

I haven't tried Grammarly, but I switched from Google Docs to MSWord because Google broke the dark mode plugin I used, and discovered that their built-in grammar checker caught some things I actually agreed with.
you
Edit to add: Apparently, they have a browser extension that uses the same grammar checking engine. It's free on Chrome or Edge, although to have some of the features that are enabled on a licensed copy of word require you to have an Office 365 license (I assume one through work or school would work?) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-editor

Last edited:

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Yeah, well, just curious. Do you use Grammarly for what you post on SH or other sites- or just for fun?

do you think it's good(optional).
I use LanguageTool. It is cheaper and catches more missed commas.