How many stories have you finished writing?

How many stories, counting short stories and one-shots, have you finished writing?

• Total voters

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I've got three stories published, none of which are done, and one other I've put a little work in on that is also not done.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Oh God! :blob_shock:

*Sees the OP saying some don't count*

Oh thank God! :sweat_smile:

Hmn.... considering I don't complete most of my works....

50+ Novels and One-Shots?

Mainly 3-5 Finished works?

1 Fanfic(considering I only wrote 2 and the 3rd is only a sequel)

4+ Volumes done(one is still ongoing)

10-15 One-Shots.....

and a..... lot..... of unfinished/abandoned works laying around.... :sweating_profusely:

Jemini

You don’t have to have published them, and each volume of a series counts. My vote is >10.

I was going to answer zero, then I caught the part where you said volumes of a series count. So, 3.

personally i only consider having finished my work if i'm dead, so 0.

and there's a possibility that i might be immortal, so it will always stay 0.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I finished one novel and four one-shots... All one shots were for contests, though the only thing I earned out of it was a discord Nitro for one of the contests... >.>

Currently trying to work on the 2nd novel though, I wanna get back to writing regularly... T.T

PurpleCatGirl

i'm bad at math but i think my # complete is somewhere between 12 and 20 depending how you count em. i have 12 'series' on here (2 are 'ongoing' but they're already written to completion) but the faet series is actually 3 separate complete books. and 2 of the 4 'wellandverse' series were written as a collection of shorts, so 12 or 13 short stories in all i think? and iirc i have another faet short story that's fully written & waiting to be posted, and another full story completed that's in my buffer waiting for its turn to be published. oh and there was another short story that was a patreon exclusive, not sure if that counts since it's not 'public'.

otoh i have (iirc) 4 unfinished stories i'm working on right now.

Jet

I had written 6 shorts from 00 to 03. 5horrors and 1fairy tale. 2 of the horrors were ~50 pages long. The rest ~10pages long only. The horrors were printed out in several copies. Which was no big deal, considering they were written using a typewriter. Oldschool much, I know. Anyway, they were surprisingly popular, circulating between acquaintances for years. More popular than the current one. Sadly, and weirdly enough.

So, yeah, they are still laying around, shaming me by their poor quality. My last story, from that time period, disappeared during the Windows restoration in 04. My fault entirely. Had stopped writing until 2019 then.

Last edited:

xluferx

Only finished 3 or 4 because they were One shots :blob_no:

And I don't know if cancelling a story and then writing a final chapter that sums up everything that was supposed to happen counts as finished

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
It's more than 10 for me as well. Actually, if I count all individual short stories, novellas, and volumes of a series as one, then it's 83.
If I start something, I usually finish it even if it takes a long time. There is only one story that I started publishing (albeit under a different name) that has been in hiatus for a couple of years now because of several reasons. I actually have the whole draft finished (should it be 85 then?) but I'm not quite satisfied with it so I guess I will just rewrite the whole series when I get around to picking it back up to make sure it reads like the same thing.

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
So uhh let's say I've basically completed the whole story in my head and I'm just typing it in and adding some stuff to it... Does it count? Along with sequels and stuff?